Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3495 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Lots of comments from when these were offered in January

roxannez

quality posts: 13 Private Messages roxannez

I love Woot, but these headphones really suck, and aren't worth $5 plus the cost of shipping.

lichme

quality posts: 2870 Private Messages lichme

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

roxannez wrote:I love Woot, but these headphones really suck, and aren't worth $5 plus the cost of shipping.

Can you help other wooters with some more details? Fit? Sound? What problems did you have?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lichme

quality posts: 2870 Private Messages lichme
roxannez wrote:I love Woot, but these headphones really suck, and aren't worth $5 plus the cost of shipping.

Maybe not if you buy one pair, but if you toss them into a cart with a bunch of other stuff, it becomes a better deal.

fletchallb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fletchallb

I bought a set of these last time they were offered. I got them because I have really small ears, and the hard earbuds are WAY too big for my ears. I loved that they have 3 sizes of the silicone buds. The sound is great for what I use these for, which is for when I am mowing the yard, working out, etc. The only complaint that I might have is that they are angled, I suppose to direct the sound into the ear better. The microphone is on the Right bud. Since I do not use these on my phone, just on my iPod, its no big deal to me. But I am left-handed and if I were going to be using the microphone, it would be awkward for me. Does it make it a deal breaker for me, nope, but I thought some might want to know.

spartaken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spartaken
ThunderThighs wrote:Can you help other wooters with some more details? Fit? Sound? What problems did you have?

I agree these are worthless. they lasted maybe a month for me, with normal use, first to stop working normally is mic then the headphones. i got mine from dailysteals...

joneboyniu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joneboyniu

I thought it was a sign that the day after i wash/dry/melt my current cheapo ear buds in the laundry, woot offers me another pair of cheapo ear buds. Then I read the title and realized since i have a penis, I cannot purchase these. Also the reviews are terrible.

Better luck next time.

bleepbloop

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bleepbloop

I got these at Christmas as stocking stuffers and a pair for myself. I like the angle, they don't fall out of my ear and if you have one ear canal that's bigger or smaller than the other, you can fit them both. They are comfortable, the sound is fine for inexpensive ear buds. I like the mic I use it when I'm around the house. I like that the cord feels sturdier than other pairs of cheap ear buds I have, it's flexible and has almost a cloth feel to the covering. I haven't had any problem with these and I am not careful with them. Plus they are so cheap, I'm about to pick up extras "just in case."

...anybody want a peanut?

CNWood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CNWood

I'm very hard on earbuds but I found that putting a small bit of electrical tape right above the plug really extends the life of these. The pair I'm currently using is still going strong after two months. My ears are very small and other earbuds would make my ears hurt.

lpeterson1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lpeterson1

I picked up three of these on a previous woot offering. As far as I can tell, the mic does not work on any of them. Sadness. The mic was the motivating factor for the purchase.

njlad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages njlad

I bought two pairs of these last time... have used daily since for my phone [work] use. They are just fine. Comfortable for me but not sure I would suggest they have any noise isolating ability. Reports back from the other end of calls is they are fine.

And the fit is good...the angled portion seems to help. Easily worth the price

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

Bought 3 sets the last time they were up on Woot. My husband has VERY sensitive ears and can not stand to have anything in them. These have worked well for him-the angle helps the bud to stay in so he is not poking at them all the time. Also, the different sizes work well as he can change them if he is having a bad ear day. They work well with his iPhone, answering calls, adjusting volume etc. I also like them and have had no problem. I like the fabric cord. We both feel the sound is excellent.

eclectus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eclectus

Yay! They're BACK! I love these earphones! They fit my small, shell-like, yet quietly powerful ear, and they sound great! Thank you

andrea2110

quality posts: 3 Private Messages andrea2110

I completely agree. I'd buy them if the total cost wasn't going to be about $10. What happened to the headphones for 0.99 each???

eclectus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eclectus
CNWood wrote:I'm very hard on earbuds but I found that putting a small bit of electrical tape right above the plug really extends the life of these. The pair I'm currently using is still going strong after two months. My ears are very small and other earbuds would make my ears hurt.

I shouldera said, I am brutal on earphones. The cords catch on the knobs of my kitchen cabinets constantly, my cassette player (archaic sound transmission technology used in the Late Crustation Period) get's dropped and, tho I'm not sure how, my 2g 2gen iPod (see 'archaic' above) often gets flung across the room when the cords catch on invisible things. Oh, and I have a cat that unaccountably loves to chew on cords. If you're using them to listen to the rehearsal tapes of the symphony you conduct, you may not like them.

jertyler

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jertyler

If you are an Amazon Prime user, you'll find better prices over there (unless you are filling your Woot cart). The white/gold model is $7.99 and the white/silver model is $8.99.

horselady57

quality posts: 1 Private Messages horselady57

I was excited to see these, I have always had problems with earbuds falling out of my teenie ear holes! I need headphones at my job, otherwise I cannot concentrate at all on my work with everyone standing outside my cubicle, blabbing about one thing or another x.o;
Plus, then I can listen to as much music, podcasts and audiobooks as I want!

I will report back on how long these last, I bought two pair, and there was only one color left!
I also bought a car charger and a wooden tray, so it's well worth the shipping cost for me!

geekgirl171

quality posts: 1 Private Messages geekgirl171

I loved these but they didn't last long. After about a month the headphone wire right above the jack gave out taking one earphone with it. Bummer.

erinnstreeter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages erinnstreeter

My only complaint about the ones I bought in January's woot-off (for $3 more, I might add): I have to pay attention when putting them on to make sure I'm sticking them in the correct ears. Other than that, these have worked well for the past 5 months.

One caveat: I use them exclusively at my office, so while they get a lot of regular use, it's all 'inactive' use - I don't get much exercise riding a desk since it's the polar opposite of manual labor. So, there's that, for whatever its worth.

procon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages procon

My wife has these, and she doesn't like the sound quality or the fit.

She's not picky either, she was happy with a very old pair of Sony buds until they broke.

gtbuckson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gtbuckson

I purchased 2 of these from another site and both broke within a month. With each, the ear bud outer casing split apart from nothing more than carrying them in my pocket. Sorry to say but they are absolute junk!

tfazssburg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tfazssburg

I purchased two of these. Each stopped working on one side within a couple weeks. Do not buy unless you like wasting money.

brewden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brewden

Ordered these; they fit great, but broke in less than a week. Only one side was producing sound; then the other side went dead a few days later.

thelegendarystm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thelegendarystm

These could be the greatest earbuds ever, but I will never buy another Altec Lansing product ever again.

Good luck ever getting a hold of anyone in their customer service department, if there's anyone in their customer service department, if you have an issue with your product.

I bought a speaker dock from here back in July, and after a short period of non-use the speaker became very crackly and unlistenable, and now the thing doesn't work at all. I emailed Altec Lansing three months ago when the crackle started and haven't heard a single word back save an email saying "It's been a week since you submitted your request, we apologize for the delay in getting back to you"

So, buy the earbuds if you want, but if they break you might as well just throw them away cause that's the amount of response you'll get from their "customer service" department.

Woo! I got my bag! Birthday Crap at that!
Woo! Two bags!

I'd list my previous woots for you all to enjoy, but you can only put 500 characters in one of these darn things

jpa2825

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpa2825

Just arrived. I was clearly not paying attention as I did not realize these were "designed for women" as the packaging clearly states. Oh well, at least the silver ones are moderately gender neutral without the packaging. Seem to fit & sound OK on a quick trial. Like the fabric cords for less tangle.

rangerlg

quality posts: 8 Private Messages rangerlg

I bought these for my daughter. I ordered the Mint Green (which was all that was listed) and we got the gold looking ones.