WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Toys for Boys & Other Kids

Yeah, a lot of little dudes seem to show an early affinity for big loud machines and toy guns. Nothing wrong with that. And some little girls, too. We say, play with what you dig.

Moueska


quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

I'd actually get the Ogre and castle playset for a little girl, the only reason why it's geared towards boys is because it's all soldiers. (No Queen/Princesses/Damsels included, even in the peripheral sets.)

My son started treating the ogre like it was a baby because it throws tantrums and appears to wear a loincloth.

The club was held on with a zip-tie, and we haven't taken it out. Why? I don't think it'll manage to stay in if we DO take the zip-tie out, so no worries there.

Oh, it grumples, it hollers, and if you just barely keep it from dropping its club all the way, it goes "HUH?!" which is pretty adorable.

My four-year-old loves it, and that says quite a bit. ^_^

~*~*~*~*~

Oh, and about connectivity/interactivity - The ogre does interact with the Imaginext Falcon Talon Castle with Sir Angus McReady. Sir Angus is actually, apparently, a king in his spare time.

When the ogre gets close to the castle, it shouts "OGRE, RIGHT AHEAD!!!" and "That ogre could cause SERIOUS DAMAGE."

^_^

lkarmaz15


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkarmaz15
Moueska wrote:I'd actually get the Ogre and castle playset for a little girl, the only reason why it's geared towards boys is because it's all soldiers. (No Queen/Princesses/Damsels included, even in the peripheral sets.)

My son started treating the ogre like it was a baby because it throws tantrums and appears to wear a loincloth.

The club was held on with a zip-tie, and we haven't taken it out. Why? I don't think it'll manage to stay in if we DO take the zip-tie out, so no worries there.

Oh, it grumples, it hollers, and if you just barely keep it from dropping its club all the way, it goes "HUH?!" which is pretty adorable.

My four-year-old loves it, and that says quite a bit. ^_^

~*~*~*~*~

Oh, and about connectivity/interactivity - The ogre does interact with the Imaginext Falcon Talon Castle with Sir Angus McReady. Sir Angus is actually, apparently, a king in his spare time.

When the ogre gets close to the castle, it shouts "OGRE, RIGHT AHEAD!!!" and "That ogre could cause SERIOUS DAMAGE."

^_^



I'm still a teenager, so it kills me to say this, but toys were MUCH simpler when I was a kid.

Moueska


quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
lkarmaz15 wrote:I'm still a teenager, so it kills me to say this, but toys were MUCH simpler when I was a kid.



I dunno, man. Furby "original" was NOT a simple toy.

unxpurg8d


quality posts: 1 Private Messages unxpurg8d

I love imaginext toys - most of them hold up wonderfully, and this ogre was a big hit with my three year old grandson. He made me attack his castle for almost an hour straight when I gave it to him. Safe to take the zip tie off the club, by the way. It snaps into the ogre's hand. It also makes a great thing for a little boy to beat his brother on the head with, however, so maybe the zip tie left on would've been a smarter move on my part. :D

ChampionOfChaos


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChampionOfChaos

I'm in for the ogre. It works great with the set. We have the castle and some of the add-on small sets that feature an animal and knight. I was hoping these would go clearance but can't find the additional dragon on Walmart. Better pick them up while I can!

Woots:
1. Razer Copperhead 2000dpi Laser Gaming Mouse
2. Star Wars Vault: 30 Years of Treasures From the Lucasfilm Archives
3. Peavey Rockmaster Standard Acoustic Stage Pack
4. Excalibur NF07-08 NFL Premium Edition Vibrating Football
5. Kelty Shrike 32 Daypack
6. Kelty Courser 40 Backpack
7. Kershaw Vapor III Folding Knife
8. Imaginext Castle Ogre
9. All-Over Paisley Wrap

artistintheambulance


quality posts: 0 Private Messages artistintheambulance

The marshmallow shooters look pretty fun even if your not a kid =P

morpheus282


quality posts: 6 Private Messages morpheus282
ChampionOfChaos wrote:I'm in for the ogre. It works great with the set. We have the castle and some of the add-on small sets that feature an animal and knight. I was hoping these would go clearance but can't find the additional dragon on Walmart. Better pick them up while I can!



My son got the ogre and the dragon for his birthday. They're both really cool toys and he plays with them all the time. One word of warning if you happen to find it, the dragon comes with a DVD. I can't state this emphatically enough - THROW THE DVD AWAY!!! That is some of the most asinine and poorly done animation I've ever seen. Kill it, kill it with fire. Just don't put it in the DVD player.