Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 2548 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Lots of comments when from when this was offered in January

lichme

quality posts: 2269 Private Messages lichme

Pyrex has never done me wrong. My cupboards are full of it, and I keep adding to my stock pile. They really do make a good product.

ceagee

quality posts: 59 Private Messages ceagee

Wow. It sold for $64.99 back in January.
This is the best deal on Woot I've seen in awhile.

wootdragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootdragon

I would highly advise checking your glass THOROUGHLY as soon as you open the box. My previous purchase had at least 3 pieces chipped on top, rendering them unsafe for food use. I'm betting the culprit was the lack of secure padding inside the delivery box.

I've generally never had a problem ordering from Woot, but this one was very disappointing.

yawlppsu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yawlppsu
wootdragon wrote:I would highly advise checking your glass THOROUGHLY as soon as you open the box. My previous purchase had at least 3 pieces chipped on top, rendering them unsafe for food use. I'm betting the culprit was the lack of secure padding inside the delivery box.

I've generally never had a problem ordering from Woot, but this one was very disappointing.

That happened to me last time as well on one piece of the stackable storage set. I contacted the company (Pyrex) at the email on the card in the box and they quickly sent me a replacement.

kingjmann

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kingjmann

I am slightly disappointed. I bought this same set on April 23rd (just over a week ago) as my third purchase from Woot! And it was $65.00. Had I known that it was going to be a lot less I would have waited. Nonetheless, it's a nice set!

jaiwing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaiwing

My only question would be, "are these made of heat resistant glass, or borosilicate?" I would not trust the glass only versions.

Hoogs88

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Hoogs88

The title on this is kind of misleading. It comes with 18 containers, plus 10 lids, which equals 28. Still looks like a great deal though.

subether

quality posts: 3 Private Messages subether
jaiwing wrote:My only question would be, "are these made of heat resistant glass, or borosilicate?" I would not trust the glass only versions.

For fear of restarting that age-old discussion yet again, it's the soda-lime glass version.

I've had no problems with the pyrex I have, which is all of the soda-lime glass. But then, I don't take it directly from the freezer to a pre-heated oven (which even on the old borosilicate versions cautioned you against doing).

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 140 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jaiwing wrote:My only question would be, "are these made of heat resistant glass, or borosilicate?" I would not trust the glass only versions.

Staff has informed us that the glass offered in today's sale is "heat-resistant".

Thanks for the inquiry!

ORDER CANCELLATION: now within 15 mins, click here for more details...
Need Some Help? Hit us up at support@woot.com
Have Any Questions? Check out Woot FAQ
Wanna Hear What's Going on All Things Woot? Swing by Our Blog

pheseth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pheseth

I ordered this set because it was an amazing deal but when I received it, the 1.5 quart mixing bowl was shattered. The packaging wasn't that great. It was all cardboard and maybe a few strips of foam. Now, that I'm looking at the order, I don't think I received the small, rectangular baking dish. Is there a number to call? will woot send me a new one or anything?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 500 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pheseth wrote:I ordered this set because it was an amazing deal but when I received it, the 1.5 quart mixing bowl was shattered. The packaging wasn't that great. It was all cardboard and maybe a few strips of foam. Now, that I'm looking at the order, I don't think I received the small, rectangular baking dish. Is there a number to call? will woot send me a new one or anything?

Sorry about that. Please email support@woot.com and they'll give you some options. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.