WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Handy Tools for the Outdoorsman

Imagine this: you're in the outdoors just minding your own business, when all of the sudden, you are faced with a problem! And not just any kind of problem! The kind of problem that needs solving! So, what are you going to do? You're going to solve it! Using tools! Like these!

fridayrs

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fridayrs

I have bought a couple Cold Steel Voyager knives that are a straight edge (not serrated blade) and they are a nice every day carry knife. The blade shape does hamper utility a little.

A good review of these knives.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtMAi_-pHac

Overall recommended if you need a serrated edge in this case.

A link to help you decide plan or serrated:
http://www.knifeart.com/plainbyjoeta.html

jeremymiles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeremymiles

What are "(2) Extra-strength non-aspirin tablets"? They're not aspirin, and so they are .... ?

vladistov

quality posts: 50 Private Messages vladistov
jeremymiles wrote:What are "(2) Extra-strength non-aspirin tablets"? They're not aspirin, and so they are .... ?

Non-aspirin indicates acetaminophen tablets; it's generic Tylenol.

mrichm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrichm

I purchased the Stanley lunchbox last time it was up, I love it. Enough room for sandwich, pickle, yogurt and a small bag of chips. Stylish, rugged and only $10.

Wooters wooting wootfully wootlessly, woot.

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot

Generally the cheap first aid kits are on sale because one of the drugs is close to expiration. Since there's a 90 day Woot warranty, I would assume it's at least that long. The drugs are generally still good for a while after that, and the bandages don't expire.

irockash

quality posts: 3 Private Messages irockash

To Delegate, or look out for Delegate Gentleman?

stormbourne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stormbourne

I'll buy a left-handed version

jhmz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jhmz

the next time i'm out on a 10 or 20 day trek thru the wilderness i'll be so glad to have my Stanley Nineteen13 Lunch Container - Stormtrooper. because it'll have lunch in it. and stormtroopers are cool.

gimme an SOG tomahawk and a big fluffy towel and i'll make it. what's all this other junk for?

jameslanger

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jameslanger

Just got my delegate in. Very nice knife, though it rattles a bit, it's apparently supposed to do that. It's a very nice size and the assisted opening is quite good. IMO a good buy.

klaazzen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klaazzen

Agree on the Delegate, it's actually moved into my fave EDC spot. You might have to work with it a bit to loosen it up some (or just general use) as some of them are a bit tight, but once it loosens up just a bit it works like a charm!

1055 model

mulebrand

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mulebrand
irockash wrote:To Delegate, or look out for Delegate Gentleman?

My Delegate Gentleman was put through the wash today. Now the locking mechanism no longer functions and part of the handle is loose. Disappointing.

Pony99CA

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Pony99CA

The Looxcie 2 has OK reviews on Amazon:

Looxcie 2 Amazon reviews

What I want to know is what other people here think of it? How is it as a Bluetooth headset? Will it do voice dialing and mute with a button push?

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57
mulebrand wrote:My Delegate Gentleman was put through the wash today. Now the locking mechanism no longer functions and part of the handle is loose. Disappointing.

Shoulda used Tide liquid...

jameslanger

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jameslanger
bruce57 wrote:Shoulda used Tide liquid...

I'm gonna guess you're gonna need to tighten some bolts and give it some more oil, otherwise CRKT shoudl have a lifetime warranty. Washing Machines are pretty brutal environments. I wouldn't consider the Delegate a very "tough" knife, it is pretty though.

lapoltba

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lapoltba

I like the Stanley lunch box, but how about a snapshot of the inside?

Also, the liner being removable is nice for cleaning, but does it rattle around? Their selling point of it being easily recyclable makes me think they are supposed to be disposable which I don't like.

mrgdeals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrgdeals

I bought 2 of the battery operated flares, and they did not work!! :0(

sashton1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sashton1

I have bought at least 10 sets of the flares throughout the past months and they all worked - HOWEVER - nearly all of them are DIFFICULT to get to work. Make sure the batteries are in correctly - then, twist and turn in all ways and they all eventually worked. Just give it more effort.
I'm the "Safety Person" in my neighborhood and I like to give one flare to each of the families near me if they will listen to my Emergency Preparedness information from time to time. I don't want them knocking on my door during when TSHTF, so I try to prep them to be ready on their own. These flares can be used to signal the ambulance/police if you need to call 911. Just put it on your porch or front window.

My 10 cents...