WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Boxwood Topiary Blowout

Nothing says "class", and then shouts "class", and then screams "class", and then spraypaints "class" all over the walls, and then hires a plane to skywrite "class", and then uses giant lasers to etch the surface of the moon with enormous letters visible from Earth that spell "class", like topiary!

Quality Posts

pedrettb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pedrettb

Dumb question - are these indoor only? or can they be planted outside.

emonair

quality posts: 4 Private Messages emonair
pedrettb wrote:Dumb question - are these indoor only? or can they be planted outside.

Nope, feature state "indoor use only." These appear to be the preserved boxwoods wooted previously.

If so, here is a higher resolution image supplied by the vendor.

The height includes the pot.

ktool1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktool1

Are these live plants? I have heard of people watering them.

Are they dangerous to animals if eaten or chewed on by a dog?

jgeoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgeoff

Very cool, considering they sell for $50 apiece on average! I'm in, as they'd look good along the staircase.

Wooting, now and again, since 2007.

jbooth79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbooth79

I purchased these last time they were on woot. They look cool, but they smell horrible. I had to take them outside they made the room smell so bad. Even my 3 year old was complaining about the bad smell.

jbooth79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbooth79
ktool1 wrote:Are these live plants? I have heard of people watering them.

Are they dangerous to animals if eaten or chewed on by a dog?

The instructions in the box says to "mist" them with water once a week.

muscadinedouche

quality posts: 0 Private Messages muscadinedouche

I bought these during the last woot off, actually i bought six of them. 1 arrived broken and another had a chunk of leaves missing. Turned the bald one against a wall, so no loss and threw the broken one back in the box on the floor that happened to be near my dogs bed. The box sat for 3 days. My dog soon presented with RED, BLOOD RED eyes a lot of sneezing and snot. Washed the dog, dog bed, threw out some new treats. Finally remembered the broken topiary in the box. Put the box outside and my pup returned to normal. Beware of potential pet allergies.

muscadinedouche

quality posts: 0 Private Messages muscadinedouche

Also, for the sake of full disclosure...I should add that these do look really cool and are a great price. With that being said, bought 2 more for the friends i left out when i "gifted" the others.

frantix

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frantix

Damn all sold out already... Looking for this stuff for the sale of my house... Ugh... Always late for these side deals.

nancymilton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nancymilton

They look great and arrived as promised, but they made my entire house smell like a chemical waste dump. I had to banish them to the front porch where they are making the outside world smell terrible. Whatever the manufacturers are preserving them with is foul. I can't recommend.

huckstepp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huckstepp

why do they smell so bad?? Is this normal?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

huckstepp wrote:why do they smell so bad?? Is this normal?

We have the following info from the buyer:

These may have an odor as they have been boxed and warehoused. They are preserved with a glycerin type base. Boxwood leaves have a strong odor and once unpacked and able to have air circulate around the leaves it dissipates quickly according to the manufacturer.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders