Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

jsamonas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsamonas

rooks derishous!

lichme

quality posts: 2940 Private Messages lichme

Either this will help you when you don't know whether or not to eat chocolate or vanilla..... or it will make people who only like one of the two flavors throw half of it away. I'm in the first group.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3535 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

I can make half muffin/half cupcake so I can have both breakfast and lunch!

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh

Man, this one is tempting... don't know when I'd make it, though. Ever since I started making nerdy cakes, they've been requested by my friends at every occasion o_o

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

This would be particularly good for thin batters (when it's really hard to do this without a device such as this).

Anyone want the Best Recipe Ever?

tokuno

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tokuno
lstaff wrote:
Anyone want the Best Recipe Ever?

Thank You!
This looks fabulous! Can't wait to try it. I'm wondering if it would be good with just the slightest hint of mace . . .
*munchies kickin' in hard*

bighappy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bighappy

I bought this a week ago for $17.99 - Guess I am the Chumly...

It works great though... much better for 11.99!

BH

lstaff

tokuno wrote:Thank You!
This looks fabulous! Can't wait to try it. I'm wondering if it would be good with just the slightest hint of mace . . .
*munchies kickin' in hard*

Just make sure you have something like this, it'll make it much, much quicker!!!

zuiquan

quality posts: 23 Private Messages zuiquan

I prefer to marble my batter, that way I have an even distribution of the two awesome flavors instead of having them in big solid blocks.

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Don't understand why this exists. The only cupcakes I make that are two-colored are using a marble-cake mix. Everything else is pointless.

noelopes

quality posts: 5 Private Messages noelopes

Marbling is all well and good...but that doesn't help with making creme-filled cupcakes. This does!

Then this thought occurred to me: I could buy a knife for $1.00, and just cut them in half after baking, that seems almost as easy, and far cheaper without cluttering the pantry with ANOTHER tool, and the knife would be easier to clean that the insert...so the time spent is a wash.

TCayer

quality posts: 9 Private Messages TCayer

It works SO well, they didn't even bother to use two kinds of batter for the cupcakes in the photos!

[MOD: Look closer. There are two different colors.]

zl9ohdtlee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zl9ohdtlee

Can you purchase multiple items from different woot sites at the same time? I wanted a few items on the same day but could not find a way to bundle them together so it was not two separate orders (and shipping charges). It would seem odd if you couldn't do that and i'm probably just dumb and didn't notice something....???

jinow00f

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jinow00f

great for making pokeball cupcakes! but, ah, dunno what else i'd make with them.

diane261

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diane261
zl9ohdtlee wrote:Can you purchase multiple items from different woot sites at the same time? I wanted a few items on the same day but could not find a way to bundle them together so it was not two separate orders (and shipping charges). It would seem odd if you couldn't do that and i'm probably just dumb and didn't notice something....???

diane261

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diane261

Pretty sure you pay $5 shipping on anything you order the same day, they will ship separately though.

djmack3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages djmack3

You don't need to worry about bundling, woot knows your account and once they charge you the 1st $5 on your 1st order, the rest of your orders will say ships free for the rest of the day.

zl9ohdtlee wrote:Can you purchase multiple items from different woot sites at the same time? I wanted a few items on the same day but could not find a way to bundle them together so it was not two separate orders (and shipping charges). It would seem odd if you couldn't do that and i'm probably just dumb and didn't notice something....???

hardworkingjulie

quality posts: 15 Private Messages hardworkingjulie

This pan would be great for the 'how did you do that' factor. For those of you without $12 who want a less impressive two tone cupcake, do a primary batter in the bottom and a secondary batter on top in your regular muffin pan. (For every three of you saying DUH there is a light bulb going off in someones head)

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut

This won't help me. I prefer the bottom half chocolate and the top half vanilla.

And yes, that was sarcasm.

janwpb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janwpb
bighappy wrote:I bought this a week ago for $17.99 - Guess I am the Chumly...

It works great though... much better for 11.99!

BH

It looks like they break at the divide so you can share 1/2 cupcakes for small children & dieters, right?

pamhot13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pamhot13
TCayer wrote:It works SO well, they didn't even bother to use two kinds of batter for the cupcakes in the photos!

The pictures show half is pink (strawberry) and half is white (vanilla).

YuenglingDragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YuenglingDragon
janwpb wrote:It looks like they break at the divide so you can share 1/2 cupcakes for small children & dieters, right?

No you pour in the batter with the divider in and then remove the divider leaving a clean(ish) line of two separate batter in one whole cupcake.

stonefry

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stonefry

If you want two different flavors in your cupcake, just eat two cupcakes. Problem solved.

zl9ohdtlee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zl9ohdtlee
djmack3 wrote:You don't need to worry about bundling, woot knows your account and once they charge you the 1st $5 on your 1st order, the rest of your orders will say ships free for the rest of the day.

Thank you!

artmauck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artmauck
hardworkingjulie wrote:For those of you without $12 who want a less impressive two tone cupcake, do a primary batter in the bottom and a secondary batter on top in your regular muffin pan.

AH - but you could get this AND do what you suggest and then you could have FOUR different flavors in the same cupcake!

In fact, if you did it in thirds instead of halves - you could get SIX different flavors in a cupcake!!!

Oh, Magilla Gorilla! - or even EIGHT DIFFERENT FLAVORS!

I think it'd get messy after that...

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear

You can order from any of the Woot sites, and You will only be billed the one Shipping charge. TT will tell ya

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear
zl9ohdtlee wrote:Thank you!

Great Minds Z

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

lstaff

pamhot13 wrote:The pictures show half is pink (strawberry) and half is white (vanilla).

how do you know it's strawberry and not cherry?

lstaff

noelopes wrote:Marbling is all well and good...but that doesn't help with making creme-filled cupcakes. This does!

Then this thought occurred to me: I could buy a knife for $1.00, and just cut them in half after baking, that seems almost as easy, and far cheaper without cluttering the pantry with ANOTHER tool, and the knife would be easier to clean that the insert...so the time spent is a wash.

The nice thing about this is that it sits in the pan for storage, not taking up much more space.