radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn
mambo143 wrote:THERE YOU ARE!!! The FORD PINTO of the shaving world!

The problem I have had is that the blade handles all break! My first one came apart at the seams, split in two halves! The next two failed after one drop in the shower! The blade pops off and the handle becomes useless for that or any other blade. The blade attachment mechanism is poorly designed, and can EXPLODE on impact!

Now I have about 18 remaining blades and one useable handle...every time I shave I wonder if this is my last shave.

Ha ha, our comments are the market research for this product!!!

This is my third batch I am ordering and I am still using the same first handle..and my cat has knocked it on the floor a few times.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

radi0j0hn

jill1977 wrote:I am not sure how well these work for the face, me being a lady and all, but it did the job for legs. It is awkward at first and then it hit the bottom of the tub and the clips in the handle broke. So now I have 43 thousand replacement blades and no way to use them.

Maybe I can send you a spare handle via woot?

radi0j0hn

wafen1 wrote:I bought these to shave my head. I do it about every 2 weeks. The biggest problem with these razors is the blades are too close to each other. Because they are so close they jam up with the first pull, and they are almost impossible to clean out once they jam.
The engineers failed miserably with this razor. They should get their money back from the online engineering schools they went to.

NO...you get the right tool for the job. These were never advertised for the purpose you are using them for. Use your head! (snicker).

CuzzinMerl

quality posts: 23 Private Messages CuzzinMerl

I bought one of these a couple months ago. I hadn't shaved in more than a week prior, so I gave it a good workout. I found it easy to use, had very little drag, and cut real close. All in all, a pretty good shave. It clogged up a little bit, but then what multi-blade razor doesn't? Also it was tough getting under the nose, also par for razors, unless they have a special blade for that.

They don't seem to stay sharp very long. Usually I can get several shaves out of my blades, but the second time I tried to use this one, it would hardly cut at all. I gave up on it halfway through and picked up a disposable I bought at Costco.

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

I bought 3 sets of these a while back. Broke the retaining clips in one of the razors figuring out how to pop in and out the blades. Really fragile and stupid design.

I have thick and fast-growing whiskers which are challenging for most razors. These really struggle. Yes, clogging and cleaning are a huge issue. And if I've skipped a day, forget it, I don't even try because I know a few passes will irretrievably destroy a cartridge.

Mach 3 runs circles around these things.

eno45

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eno45

Yes , they really are that bad. I bought three last time they were for sale. Wow, one of the worst purchases I have made from Woot. You would think they would shave well with 5 razors but I found they grip way to much. A regular 2 bladed Gillete or MachOne works night and day better. WASTE OF MONEY.

mooingrhinoceros

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mooingrhinoceros

Slightly more effective than pulling whiskers out individually with pliers. Far less effective than a steak knife.

vlw999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vlw999

I bought some at Big Lots for $5, and it was a big disappointment, the blades don't last long, 5 shaves for me, and the handle was a struggle to get the blades switched, Not Recommended...

A guy in Pittsburgh area

robitussin217

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robitussin217

For some reason, they put the blades on the reverse side, so it's more difficult to shave if you have a beard, and need to get close for a good line. They do the trick, tho, just not nearly as well.

ddetweiler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddetweiler

Any positive comments about these .... things .... is fake.

If you think people can't figure out how to clean them right, you're wrong!

Throw the money out the front door and save yourself the disappointment!

WORST
BLADES
EVER!

ztoolman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ztoolman

Tried em, didn't like em. Gave em to a friend and told her they'd be fine for her legs. I was afraid they'd landscape my face. Saw her and asked how she like them. She said "Great". I said, "Great for legs" to which she replied.. "They work just fine in "other" places".. I tried em again and I'm buyin more.

cuiry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cuiry

I'm not sure why there seems to be such negative comments on these.

I've used these since they were just King of Shaves (pre-Remington). They were better then, but they are still good razors.

An email from King of Shaves indicated King of Shaves and Remington are no longer together. You will only be able to get them direct from the UK.

That's why Woot! will sell them til they're gone.

I got 3 in the last round and 6 this one. Keep em' coming.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

For some reason this offering seems to bring out a lot of trolls. For a different (balanced?) perspective, check out the reviews at the mothership.

155 five star reviews; 141 four star reviews; 116 three star reviews; 94 two star reviews; and 112 one star reviews.

I think that if you want to know how to use these razors correctly all you need to do is read through the five star reviews.

pmosbacher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pmosbacher

Got these to replace my Fusion Pro Glide... After the first try I said hell no and went right back. Still haven't purchased new blades though.... that's how much these razors suck. I would rather use a 3 month old blade than these.

dormouse1974

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dormouse1974

Sigh, I have tried to stay out of the fray, but since these seem to be the proverbial bad penny, I decided an experiment might help those on the fence. Here I am before shaving:

Here is a brand new Remington cartridge:

Here is my (year+ old) 'backup' razor:
[

I typically shave in the morning, in the shower, warmed up but without shaving cream. I rinse thoroughly after each stroke.
Here is the result from my brand new Remington cartridge (I hacked at the growth for several minutes to come up with these results):

Here is the 'rinsed' cartridge:

After using my old and dull razor:

For the record, I read that others had some success giving these to their lady friends, but my wife gave one a try and promptly told me to get it out of her sight, so I don't even have that on which to fall back.

kristaf26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristaf26

Bought the razors for my husband to take on deployment with him and they were awful! He ended up throwing them away..

Isaac707

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Isaac707

There are too many negative comments for this to even be considered. I'm convinced some people are delusional, you can barely shave under your nose with this thing, and the blades are bad after two uses. Its amazing how many people try to say people can't shave, as if its bleeping* rocket science...give me a break. The homeless shelter wouldn't accept them people, the homeless shelter!

www.movieboozer.com

rockdave

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rockdave

I bought these a little less than a year ago, and would not recommend them, even at half the price I paid.

First of all, as far as shave quality goes, these are not the best. They just don't seem to get close enough. The blades seem sharp, but I guess the design of the razor is flawed. I sometimes feel like it's ripping the hair out of my skin.

Second of all, you can only use each cartridge once unless you plan on meticulously cleaning them out after each use. The blades are so close together that hair gets jammed in between them, and you can't just rinse it out or blow it out. Now I realize that these are technically disposables, but I can get at least a few days out of a cheap CVS-brand disposable.

In my opinion, buying this set will only disappoint you.

radi0j0hn

ddetweiler wrote:Any positive comments about these .... things .... is fake.

If you think people can't figure out how to clean them right, you're wrong!

Throw the money out the front door and save yourself the disappointment!

WORST
BLADES
EVER!

Why would I lie about this? It's so much more fun to complain.

thrillho1010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thrillho1010

These razors are far from great, but I'd rather spend pennies per blade than $5.

Yes, they clog very easily, but I simply got the little brush from my clippers and swipe the blades clean a few times during the shave.

They have caused a little irritation in the past, but it seems fine now.

Honestly, I think it's worth the price, especially if you have thick Greek hair like me and go through razors rather quickly.

geovillage

quality posts: 1 Private Messages geovillage
hungryhippo234 wrote:I was out of my Mach 5 blades and saw these and decided what the heck they are cheap and bought them. They are a terrible design, the razor falls off when rinsing the blade, they clog easily and are impossible to clean. It is not worth it don't do it buy anything else: Gillette, Schick a disposable. Don't buy these.

It took me several razors to realize why the blades would not stay on the handle. Many of the handles that Woot ships are defective. I thought it was the design until I tried my third handle(I had been in for 3). So if you don't like these, just keep ordering them till you do ! Of course, the blades still clog, and it is not the closest of shaves, but what a deal...

PBurke5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PBurke5

I have purchased these ...I like the price .....I like the shave for the price... Buying 3 more on this deal.... National brands have priced themselves out of my range and the comparison results are just not worth it for me

In for 3

Paul D Burke

czwolinski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages czwolinski
staaby wrote:worst.
razors.
evar.

Sadly I must agree. I think broken glass would shave closer and more comfortable. These should be avoided.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

I miss Raoul.

;_;

Titan151

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Titan151

I bought 3 of these a while back. I have been using them for about 3 months now. I have to admit, I hated them at first, but once I got used to them, I have grown to like them. They aren't good for things like evening out sideburns. But they cause very little irritation, pretty much impossible to cut yourself with these. You do have to make more passes. At the end of the day, my razor bumps are not as bad as they used to be with the old 2 blade razors I used to use (the kind you get in a 50 pack from Costco). I like these better, but only a little better.

jnam22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnam22

At times I wish there was a "like" button.

dudefixx wrote:I have wooted TONS of quality products.

However, these razors are TERRIBLE...bad design, bad shave, bad product. I'm donating the ones I purchased to the local homeless shelter...and I feel bad about it.

shabazz18

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shabazz18

Based on all the negativity, I HAVE to try these. There is no possible way they're any worse that the clog master Gillette Mach 5.

Also, after seeing the picture review above, the fact that you dont use shaving cream is ludicrous in itself, and for me at least, makes it a bogus review. There's no way Im shaving anything (at least by choice) with only water, regardless of the razor

dormouse1974

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dormouse1974

I know most people use shaving cream, which is why I included that information. But I found years ago that gel/cream did not enhance my experience. I settled on my method more than 25 years ago and it has worked just fine for me. I stand by my findings: the Remington has consistently provided the results I posted, while other razors, even old and dull razors, have given me a good, close shave.
Obviously, different strokes for different folks, so to speak. Perhaps these will work for you; they clearly do for several people. Not me, and not the majority of posters.

shabazz18 wrote:Based on all the negativity, I HAVE to try these. There is no possible way they're any worse that the clog master Gillette Mach 5.

Also, after seeing the picture review above, the fact that you dont use shaving cream is ludicrous in itself, and for me at least, makes it a bogus review. There's no way Im shaving anything (at least by choice) with only water, regardless of the razor

professionalrockstar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages professionalrockstar

These are the WORST that I have ever used. Ever. A single blade disposable is better.

I brought this with me while traveling and made the mistake of only bringing 2 blade cartridges (for one shave). Both cartridges clogged after one or two pulls.

They clog easily. Can't be cleaned. Pure garbage. Worst purchase I have ever made on woot.

huskador

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huskador

worst razor ever. I should have believed the comments because I bought two of them and have since thrown them in the trash. They clog immmediately and even running water won't clean them out.Imagine a bad wiper blade leaving streaks on you windshield, this is what the razor does when you shave with them. Woot needs to never offer these again.

asparaguspee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages asparaguspee

I am happy to say that the King is working out fine for me - I admit it takes some getting used to, but once you figure out that you can push hard and bend the rubber part of the handle without cutting yourself, it works remarkably well.

I typically get a nick or two on my neck and adam's apple, where my stiffest whiskers are particularly unruly, but I've yet to cut myself with this guy.

I had a goatee when I first bought these, and it is definitely not for fine trim-around-a-beard work.

I bought two of the 15-blade sets to maximize my $5 shipping, and I might well buy more if they come around again.

alfredocolon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alfredocolon

These blades are crap. Crap. Crap. Crap.

Woot, IMHO, should not be selling these again --at any price.