aoldenkamp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aoldenkamp

If you've used Gillette ProGlide, you may be disappointed in these - not a very close shave and super hard to get clean (same problems as with Schick Quattro). Design flaws methinks.

maxdamage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maxdamage

These razors really are garbage, They are cheep for a reason, Do not buy. You can't even get a reasonably good shave with theses no matter how hard you try. I'm just trying to get through them before I switch back to my over priced razors. Or maybe less over priced than I used to think...

baggerflip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baggerflip

to extend the life of ANY blade, simply make sure the thing is dry after use. you see it's the water that corrodes the blade, therefore dulling it prematurely, not usage! I get at least 3 times the use by dipping it in alcohol after use to dry it. you can also use a hair drier,but I don't need one of those.

brainpanties

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brainpanties

They clog after each use. Had to use a new blade for each shave.

volleydog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages volleydog

I STRONGLY agree with all those who have categorized these as the worse razors ever.

I bought a nice stockpile last time they were on here and have regretted it ever since.

The head does not flex with the contours of the face, meaning you have to go over several places multiple times to get a close, even shave. And the jaw line is a terrible place for these duds.

AVOID AVOID AVOID at all costs!!!

mambo143

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mambo143

THERE YOU ARE!!! The FORD PINTO of the shaving world!

Let me explain...

I was hoping these would come up so I could post a comment. This is one of those products you are excited to buy because of apparent quality and price point, but after a few uses you begin to wonder if you've been had by a manufacturer unloading a failed product.

The problems I have had with this shaver is not so much the blades or blade quality, although I would rate them as only average in both longevity and shave quality.

The problem I have had is that the blade handles all break! My first one came apart at the seams, split in two halves! The next two failed after one drop in the shower! The blade pops off and the handle becomes useless for that or any other blade. The blade attachment mechanism is poorly designed, and can EXPLODE on impact!

Now I have about 18 remaining blades and one useable handle...every time I shave I wonder if this is my last shave.

Ha ha, our comments are the market research for this product!!!

ebender1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ebender1

Every time this item is available I MUST check out the comments. They are among the classics of wootdom.
Drama like "KOS IS LIKE USING SHARDS OF GLASS", "WERST PRODUC EVAR" doesn't come about every day.
On a serious note, I think the flexible head is too confusing for people.
As the blades become worn, I simply increase pressure and adjust angle by tilting the handle. By the time the blade is ready to pitch in the garbage after a couple weeks use, the handle is perpendicular to the place I'm shaving.
(it's pretty easy really.)

mick66

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mick66

I suppose it might just come down to skin type, beard type, and just plain ol' personal preference. But I think a bigger part is that too many "guys" here are just plain wimps that believe it must feel like Mommy tickling them with a downy feather or it's just intolerable.
I like the Remington King of Shaves. I use it about every other day and change blades monthly although I could easily get a few more good shaves out of a blade cartridge but there's no need to be frugal at this price.

hensonj7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hensonj7
yonsonracing wrote:You should only buy these to shave your cat... If you hate your cat that is...

Will my neighbor's cat do? Don't care what it thinks.

aotheoverlord

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aotheoverlord
SilverBunny wrote:Every time this comes up, I want to buy it...it just seems like such a good deal...a shave kit with 15 blades for less than 10 bucks...

Today, its even cheaper, so I'm tempted to buy it...

But every time, after I read the comments and see what people are saying about it, it made me changed my mind...just like now...lol

I want to buy it, but if its really as bad as people say, then its probably still not worth it...even with this price.

It's really simple.

If you know how to shave, these work great.

If you're incompetent and can't shave properly, just like everyone else today it's not your fault, it's the razor's.

1. Don't ever dry shave with these. Or any other real razor blade.

2. They shave well. They're not meant to cut hair. Which means don't shave with these (or any other razor) after more than a day or so unless you want all that hair to be clogged in between the blades.

3. If you do go too long between shaves, then, like with any other razor, get your trimmer out first, reduce it to stubble, then shave. With shaving cream/gel.

I am on my second cartridge in about 4 months. Which is considerably longer than any Mach 2, 3 or 4 ever lasted.

This ain't rocket science.

So, if you choose not to buy, it's clearly because you're now worried that you don't know how to shave properly.

warfizzle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages warfizzle

People have just gotten to the point where it's "cool" to hate these things. I bought them last time because who cares about $6. I honestly don't think they're that bad. I will note that I don't have super think hair, though.

mortose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mortose
aotheoverlord wrote:It's really simple.

If you're incompetent and can't shave properly, just like everyone else today it's not your fault, it's the razor's.

2. They shave well. They're not meant to cut hair. Which means don't shave with these (or any other razor) after more than a day or so unless you want all that hair to be clogged in between the blades.

3. If you do go too long between shaves, then, like with any other razor, get your trimmer out first, reduce it to stubble, then shave. With shaving cream/gel.

I am on my second cartridge in about 4 months. Which is considerably longer than any Mach 2, 3 or 4 ever lasted.

So, if you choose not to buy, it's clearly because you're now worried that you don't know how to shave properly.

I will have to KIND of dissagree with you. I shave every day, and even with the slight stubble that i get overnight, it still clogged the blade.

also, with 5 blades, you would think that it would be a close shave, but i had to go back over and re-shave with my gillet razor that is almost a month old.

For 6 bucks, i'm not really concerned, but for being remmington, i would have thought a better product.

lvd162

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lvd162

I bought these on woot and while I didn't think they were very good, I figured I'd use them up since I'd paid for them. Problem is, I couldn't figure out how to replace the blade. And the replacement blade was rusted. Threw them out.

Linda vanDyck

lvd162

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lvd162
aotheoverlord wrote:It's really simple.

It must be wonderful to be so perfect in such an incompetent world

Linda vanDyck

ktarson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktarson

Buy as many as you can, since it takes about 6 cartridges to perform one shave due to clogging.

bigryan68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigryan68

they were horrible, i gave the to my sister for her legs, she didnt like them, passed them to my mom.....and eventually the garbage

siymay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages siymay

I think I will buy them just to see how bad they really are...

ninjajim

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ninjajim

I've seen these on Woot! many times and have thought about buying, just like many others. Also, like many others, I will pass on these based on the reviews on Woot! and on Amazon. I just can't do it to my face! I'll stick with my Gillette Fusion Power and pay the top dollar for the best shave.

crthews

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crthews

I honestly don't know what people have against this razor kit. I bought this three months ago to replace my fusion and it has worked fine. Not an equal replacement to be sure, but its definitely not garbage. I use it on my face everyday. Blades last at least three weeks, doesn't clog, takes a few uses to get used to the shape of the head but that is not a problem. Don't know what all the hate is about. I plan on buying another pack when mine run out.

crthews

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crthews
lvd162 wrote:I bought these on woot and while I didn't think they were very good, I figured I'd use them up since I'd paid for them. Problem is, I couldn't figure out how to replace the blade. And the replacement blade was rusted. Threw them out.

you couldn't figure it out? The head literally just pulls off....

borntohunt

quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

Since I've been using the same old cheap electric shaver for many years, I bought these the 1st time Woot offered them to give away to family & friends to try. Today for the 1st time I used this Remington King of Shaves, & the 1st razor with a blade & shaving cream used by me in many years. It worked well for me with no problems. I do not have tough facial hair. Sounds like it may not work as well for those with more challenging beards or facial hair. With my good experience today, of course I just bought more. Thanks for the nice deal Sellout Woot.

randy1568

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randy1568

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THESE RAZORS TO ANYONE. yeah they just dont cut very well.

leonbev

quality posts: 10 Private Messages leonbev

Why does Woot keep selling these? They must be the most hated product in the history of the company.

I know that I gave up on mine after having the reshave my face with a different razor for about the 20th time.

andrewstarr87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewstarr87

If these were $1.00 I still wouldn't waste my money.

doubleganger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doubleganger

Well what do you expect of a blade made with Endurium? Now if they'd used unobtainium that would have been something!

fit410s

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fit410s

i like using this razor to shave my junk. never cuts me

textile92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages textile92

Absolutely terrible. If you have a nose, please get rid of it. It will get in the way of the huge blade cover which is awkwardly mounted, and positioned as poorly as could be managed.

adamgraced

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamgraced

horrible pieces of SSSSS

bradbopp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradbopp

Horrible! I'd never buy these again. Takes two razors to shave in the morning.

jill1977

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jill1977

I am not sure how well these work for the face, me being a lady and all, but it did the job for legs. It is awkward at first and then it hit the bottom of the tub and the clips in the handle broke. So now I have 43 thousand replacement blades and no way to use them.

ccoppola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccoppola

Seriously worst blades ever...

RyeZingSon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RyeZingSon

I am glad they are here again. I am buying more. Like with a lot of blades, it takes about a week for your skin and whiskers to adapt to a new blade style. They give me a real close shave and I am an everyday shaver. One blade lasts nearly two weeks for me!! They are definitely worth it. They are much better than the Dollar Shave Club!

aherron83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aherron83

The reviews of these crack me up.

Everyone has different hair, skin and shaving methods, so obviously opinions differ.

Why are any of you shaving your face with a razor when you have hair long enough to clog a blade? I think this speaks more to your knowledge of how to shave more than the actual razors performance. Take 30 seconds and hit your long hair with a pair of clippers with no guard.

Bought two sets of these a few months back and they function well for me.

I shave every other day in the shower and keep no facial hair. Haven't had a problem with irritation or cuts at all, which is one of the biggest factors for me.

Are they on par with expensive Mach 3, etc blades? Absolutely not. They certainly work though if you're just looking to shave off stubble.

Comp5569

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Comp5569

I wouldn't say that the people complaining are "bad at shaving" - as some of you have said. I think the complaints come as a result of there being such superior razors on the market to this. Sure they are 6 bucks - and you get what you pay for. Me? I am willing to pay a little bit more for something that I like. Mach Speed in this instance, has a much more natural feeling when you use it. And the handle feels to be a much higher quality item. KOS just feels cheap and awkward..

placencia1970

quality posts: 0 Private Messages placencia1970

Have to agree with some of the posts that refer to these as the worst razors ever. I've gotten better shaves from the big plastic bag 'o razors you get at the supermarket. These King of Shaves razors are not sharp, oddly shaped, don't conform to face, clog with after one swipe, and are clearly very cheaply manufactured. I think I paid $7.99 for these, and even at that price they are not worth it.

qwasezeb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qwasezeb

What a GREAT price...

Then you find out why! The blades do last forever, but that doesn't make them worth the work. I always have to use another razor to clean up the areas this one doesn't get. Worst part is trying to get the blades clean; there is always hair stuck between the blades.

mdnorman

quality posts: 52 Private Messages mdnorman

I think I've figure it out! All the complaints are from people who go around most of the time looking like Wookies, but get inspired to try to clean up their act from time to time. They mistakenly think that a multi-blade razor like this Remington razor is the right tool, when they should really be using a pair of clippers. Of course the razor clogs with their hair! It seems that people who shave frequently, and who do it appropriately by first softening their stubble and then using a good lubricating shave cream don't have a problem with these razors. However, there seems to be a general consensus that the resulting shave is not "the best a man can get" but good enuff.

Blahbbs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Blahbbs

The worst razors ever? Hardly. Everyone's face/whiskers are different. I shave every day, and usually do so with a double-edge safety razor, and I found these Remington razors to be perfectly fine. I had a few small cuts on the first shave, but they've been fine afterwards. I always keep a styptic pencil handy for cuts just in case. I found that you don't need to press as hard as you might be used to doing. Maybe that's why they tear up some faces?

My wife didn't care for these razors on her legs, but they worked well on my leg....er....I mean my face.

jmertsch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmertsch

Worst razor I've ever used. I ended up throwing them out because they were so bad.

tylerewood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tylerewood

Worst razors ever