cmstamm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cmstamm

If you need an Chumly proof razor, don't get this one. But if you've ever used a razor without the swivel head, built in Vavoom, etc, and not hurt yourself, then this one is fine. Nice close shave, no cuts, and decent blade life. You do have to put it under running water every couple of strokes to clean the blades. And the blades are not as simple to change, but other than that, a great deal on a razor.

craigwoytal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craigwoytal

These are great razors if you like missing spots and having a five o'clock shadow all day.

jeffpadovani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffpadovani

First time I've left a comment..I so really wanted to like these but they are super cheap for a reason. Might have worked when I was 16 and had peach fuzz..not a chance now. They clog up super fast. Remington is blowing these out as fast as they can because they know what a failure this design ended up

ArnoKnapen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ArnoKnapen

100% SUCKAGE - 0% Shavage

ArnoK.
Fully Apple compatible
http://arno.knapen.com

bisonhp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bisonhp

the reason they keep popping up on sellout woot- no one else wants them!!! i wouldnt be surprised if there are truckloads of these worthless razors sitting in the woot lot. Dont buy them unless you are a skin graft doc looking to hand them out to your patients for job security.

wafen1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wafen1

I bought these to shave my head. I do it about every 2 weeks. The biggest problem with these razors is the blades are too close to each other. Because they are so close they jam up with the first pull, and they are almost impossible to clean out once they jam.
The engineers failed miserably with this razor. They should get their money back from the online engineering schools they went to.

engrained

quality posts: 0 Private Messages engrained

'King' and 'shaves' don't belong in the same sentence together. Maybe 'prince' and 'shaves' or 'Queen's nethers' and 'shaves', but not 'King'. King rocks a mighty beard.

joesurvey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joesurvey

HORRIBLE! Can not believe they are offering these again!

vattimo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vattimo

These have to be the worst razors every made, they look great but are garbage

Sageomithas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sageomithas

I purchased this woot! a few months ago. for $7ish. I do not have thick facial hair by any means and I clog this razor repeatedly. When using this razor I have to spend twice as much time to get the same shave as my Mach 3 or my Shick. The blades are just too close together to clear the hair.

k0sherbac0n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages k0sherbac0n

DO.NOT.BUY.THIS.HEY YOGI!

DAMMIT.WOOT!STOP!!!

bturn29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bturn29

Crap razors. Threw them away.

pjdevitt67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjdevitt67
dernst_ca1 wrote:Bought these a few wootoffs ago.. I have bought a lot of stuff from woot and these fall in the top ten worst products I have ever purchased here..

Sorry Remington..

---> AGREED!

WootieTwoShoes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WootieTwoShoes

I bought these last time because the price was cheap.

After using them for a while now I have the following to say:

1) For a beard growth that's 2-3 days old, it's been a pain using this. It can't handle facial hair that's slightly longer than what we'd call stubble. The hair sticks in the blade and it never rinses or swishes out completely. And often times I found myself reapplying shaving cream and having to shave all over again an additional time or two to completely get everything.

2) Depending on the shape of your face, this blade may completely miss certain zones. The corner of my lips seem to never get a good catch with this blade. Often times I found myself doing touch ups with an electric razor to get the spots this blade could never get effectively.

3) It's a good blade if you have extremely short facial hair growth, anything less than 2 days.

So, for the price it's good, but it has an extremely limited application of use.

gak0090

quality posts: 79 Private Messages gak0090
wafen1 wrote:I bought these to shave my head. I do it about every 2 weeks. The biggest problem with these razors is the blades are too close to each other. Because they are so close they jam up with the first pull, and they are almost impossible to clean out once they jam.
The engineers failed miserably with this razor. They should get their money back from the online engineering schools they went to.

I use to get these Kwik-4 razors (made by Supermax) from the Dollar store to shave my head. They were by far the best Razors to do this. The blades were sharp and spaced far apart so they didn't clog. Unfortunately you can't buy them there anymore. You have to buy them through the online site and use paypal with a minimum order of $36 (and usually about $10 shipping beyond that). It ends up being about $1.27 per Razor (when you count shipping)- but I swear by them. And if you look online for reviews- you'll see a lot of good reviews. If you don't mind shelling out that cash at once for some razors, I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

http://www.supermaxworld.com/store/node/47

cekelly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cekelly

Don't do it unless you shave every day. I bought a ton of these last time they sold and in hopes it was a great deal. The problem is the blades are so close together and the back is somewhat blocked that hair gets trapped between the blades so that you cannot get it out with water. The other is the shape of the head is a little strange relative to other razors making it somewhat of a pain under your chin and neck. Unless you have very light beard/leg hair or shave at least once a day I would not reccomend.

markriddle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages markriddle

One more time for the craptastic razors. Only good for shaving ladies legs or adolecent beards.

Why why why does Woot keep peddling this dreck when ever time they do they incure the wrath of all the people who got fooled by this non-deal. Cheap is not value, cheap is cheap. Value is when you find something usable at a great price.
Try Dorco.com best inexpensive razor for the price and they actually take the hair off your face.

Thanks,

Mark

mbjanich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbjanich

I took the time to login and post my first comment ever just to warn all potential wooters to steer clear of these miserable razors.

Not even worth it if they were free.

madmanhattan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madmanhattan

I was so happy the day I ran out of these. CLOGS CLOGS CLOGS. Shaving took at least twice as long because I was constantly having to clean between the razors. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

imaproudslacker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imaproudslacker

again... absolute garbage. These are the worst razors i have ever used.

anderdb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages anderdb

I needed razors the last time these were on Woot so I gave them a try. THEY ARE TERRIBLE. DO NOT BUY THESE. I'm not a picky guy about razors but these things are just bad.

jpiles2010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpiles2010

Ha, saw this fine bit of pork on woot again... with more fat cut off that price too.

Since I bought them last time and decided that if I ever ran out of razors, with only this 15 pack of razors left, I would just grow a Grizzly Adams' beard (if i could actually grow a Grizzly Adams' beard) because they are adulterous garbage.

I wanted to take the time to prevent every one else from making this same mistake but it turns out, there are already 100 other people that took the time to prevent me from wasting 14.99+5.00 x tax.

See I never read the review and it is likely that only people who don't read reviews will continue buying these razors.

We tried

Morimoto

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Morimoto

I bought these last time, and have since grown a massive beard due to the absolute inability to shave with them...they are the freaking worst product on the face of the planet!

After about 2 inches down my face they clog and will never unclog. You have to push the blade against your face with all of your strength in order to get any type of shave.

Spend the extra money on Gillette if you want a quick close shave.

jpthomas21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpthomas21

garbage, worst expereince I have had with a razor

goodedesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodedesign

DO NOT BUY.

I use a fusion or Mach 3 to shave my head & keep my beard within boundaries. these razors are horrible.

the blades are fundamentally flawed! they miss gaping areas. The razor head is on a rubbery neck that doesn't have a specific stopping point (if you've used a fusion or a mach 3, you'll know what I mean).

I've considered the dollar shave club... curious what the products are like.

[url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=8016]

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi
geowrian wrote:I have to agree with most of the other wooters here. These aren't that great. They wear down quickly, don't get a great shave, and are difficult to clean. Certainly not the worst I've used, but there are better deals out there than this.

15 razors for $10.99 is about $0.74 a razor, maybe at least 3 shaves per blade, 25 cents a shave, not a bad price to me, Got these last woot off, and the wife has no complaints

disciple22579

quality posts: 1 Private Messages disciple22579

I purchased these last time around, but the blades would rust in the shower...I tossed them

badhabit12

quality posts: 14 Private Messages badhabit12

Its more of a psychological adjustment then people relies. You have been shaving for what amounts to decades possibly with a different angled / designed razor. A lot can not adjust as evident with the negative comments.

I use them every day and the blades seem to last forever. It is also very difficult to cut yourself with these blades. Now if the blades clog on you, just keep an old toothbrush handy. ALWAYS use shaving cream and allow yourself about a month to adjust to a new way of shaving. Your mind and body have to relearn and develop the actions till they feel like 2nd nature. Here is a bit of learned advice: rest one finger on the blade head as you shave, "LIGHTLY". Other wise you will get rash burns sometimes. This keeps the head steady and on the shaver firmly.

Do yourself a favor and figure out the dollar amount you will be saving over the course of a year. Impressive yes?

I use them every day. With the savings I now have more fun money to burn.

teflontw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teflontw

When these were first sold on Woot!, I thought, man, these are way cheaper than the Gillettes I'm using now. What could go wrong?

In retrospect, I should have stuck with Gillette. I ordered a bunch of these so as to amortize the shipping over several packages.

Mistake. Worst razor ever. If you gave a razor designer an assignment to create the most user unfriendly razor, these would win him an award.

triciatnz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages triciatnz

Husband hated them tried them several times not a close shave, also complained of gaps. I decided I would try them on my legs didn't like... now my father-in-law is trying them. I got two sets the first time they came out thinking they would have to be good because of the name.

teflontw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teflontw
pjdevitt67 wrote:---> AGREED!

Totally agree. Worst possible razor.

kenr74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenr74

Woot should really just scrap these pieces of junk. Everytime I see them for sale I am reminded how terrible they are and that I bought them here.

medure76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages medure76

Really Woot???!!! tHESE AGAIN! DO NOT BUY THESES! THEY ARE THE WORST RAZORS ON EARTH! I GOT BETTER RAZORS FROM THE SALVATION ARMY!

faultylogic83

quality posts: 2 Private Messages faultylogic83

The angle is better suited for anyone used to a safety razor.

dudefixx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dudefixx

I have wooted TONS of quality products.

However, these razors are TERRIBLE...bad design, bad shave, bad product. I'm donating the ones I purchased to the local homeless shelter...and I feel bad about it.

shackleton01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shackleton01

Worst.Razor.Ever.

djtim102

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djtim102

I bought two sets thinking, "How could I go wrong? Razors are expensive!" I went wrong. They're terrible. Weird design...can't even shave my neck. They're all going in the trash.

djtim102

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djtim102

Agreed! Terrible. Throwing them all away.

staaby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages staaby
JBJCurly wrote:
I don't have very coarse facial hair

This is probably why.

vetteraycer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vetteraycer

I bought this the first time it was on woot. Sometimes you really do find great deals for good products on here... This, however, is one of the worst products I have ever bought. Period.