waynestennett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waynestennett
mdnorman wrote:The woot field test video makes these razors look pretty good. I just can't believe these things are as bad as the reviews indicate. Is it possible that the bad reviews are posted by folks who just don't know how to shave properly? I'm tempted to buy these things, but I don't wanna pay $5 shipping. I'll have to look around for something else to buy first.

They are subpar in many respects. I routinely shave with a safety razor or a straight razor depending on the day; I picked this up for those last second shaves when you don't have tons of time.

They really are hard to clean, it really is hard (by design) to shave under your nose, and they may be the worst multi-blade cartridge I've used due to the poor design. It's freakishly designed, it makes no sense. All that said - they suck but you can use them, just don't expect to save any time or really like them much.

soulxside

quality posts: 1 Private Messages soulxside

Ordered these a few months ago. Not good. They are mediocre at the getting the hair off the face part, but where they really suck is trying to rinse the hair out from between the blades for the second pass. Spend more on razors - these aren't worth it. It's a trick to get you to spend 12 bucks to "try it out for yourself."

msnetters

quality posts: 2 Private Messages msnetters

First off, I'm a girl and purchased these to use on my legs. I bought these a few weeks ago, but hadn't tried them until an hour ago.

They worked pretty well, especially for the price. No cuts, not even a nick. I didn't have any more trouble with clogging than I do with my pricier razors. I found the handle really comfortable to hold, and the rubber grip on the front and back kept it safely in my hand in spite of wet, soapy hands. My legs are smooth and soft.

Sure, there are better razors out there that I am a fan of, but they cost the same per cartridge as these do for a handle and a ton of refills. I'm going to pick up a few more of these now. :-)

viperciara

quality posts: 1 Private Messages viperciara

If you are a women perfect razor for legs!!! I bought them 2Xs and buying the max amount again! The shape of the handle for legs and pits is excellent! Very close non nicking shave! I can see the shape might not be right for faces! I use my body wash to shave and have no problems with hair clogging blades, when I used shaving cream or gel it did seem to clog the blades up a little!

ecks21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ecks21

My facial hair laughed at these razors. My wife likes them ok for her legs. I will not buy anymore that is for sure but for the price I guess you could do worse.

Don't piss in my pocket and tell me its raining!

wuudogg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wuudogg

Complete junk. Woot has been selling these for 6 months. Save your money and shave your face with a shovel instead. Uncomfortable design. Awkward balance. Blade spacing is terrible. You will spend most of your time trying to get hair out of them. Top 10 worst woot items of all time IMO.

02rsvvt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 02rsvvt

I mistakenly bought 3 of these sets on a previous sale and I am more than pissed off. I can barely get a single shave from a cartridge, I think these are probably QC rejects that the night shift forgot to sharpen. Side by side I get a better shave from a Tracer3 2 blade with 30 shaves of use than a new "King" of shaves.

rdehknowles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdehknowles

I love em! best and safest shave ever. Do have to rinse them fairly often, but very close and after I got used to them, no razor fear whatsoever.

ADDICTED96

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ADDICTED96
khiraji wrote:Uhhh... I dunno what you guys are doing wrong, but I bought these razors a couple months ago and they're excellent. Getting a new cartridge in is not as easy as, say, a Mach 5, but with a little shaving cream they work like great. Always use shaving cream; if you're gonna do something, do it like you mean it.
I consistently get ultra-close shaves, and the blades seem to last longer than my Mach 5 blades did. I'm on my 3rd cartridge now and would definitely buy these again (if I didn't have like 14 left still, heh).

Worst-case scenario, you're out like 6 bucks. Best-case scenario, you've got razor blades for a good long while. Worth the price of a Starbucks and a cookie, no?

well $11 bucks with the shipping...

you have to use very water down shaving cream... clog very easy and reshave needed..

inpune

bkrell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bkrell

Worst product I've ever bought from woot! Only buy if you want to spend twice the time getting the worst shave ever!

Cameron

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Cameron

I'm in the Lovers' camp (well, maybe Likers' camp). I have no problem with these razors. They work well and are well worth the price. They haven't clogged on me yet. I don't use that goopy shave gel that many do. I wonder if that has anything to do with the clogging others experience?

tutles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tutles

I had purchased these before for my husband - his only complaint is that sometimes he get one shave from a blade and sometimes he may get 5. So my thought is that there is a problem with quality control? Anyways for the price he said to go ahead and get more - even at one shave per blade it is cheaper than what he was paying.

mshanejolly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mshanejolly

While not necessarily the worst razor ever, as they are slightly better than your mom's disposable single blade, these are not the f_sion replacement they are trying to emulate. Odd shaped handle is difficult to hold. Blades are positioned oddly, too, making side burns and under nose trimming a challenge. Generally, just not a good razor. And now I have 15 of them!

tmil0911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmil0911
SilverBunny wrote:Every time this comes up, I want to buy it...it just seems like such a good deal...a shave kit with 15 blades for less than 10 bucks...

Today, its even cheaper, so I'm tempted to buy it...

But every time, after I read the comments and see what people are saying about it, it made me changed my mind...just like now...lol

I want to buy it, but if its really as bad as people say, then its probably still not worth it...even with this price.

I was in for 3 a few woot offs ago. I really try to convince myself that they are not bad.... The problem is they have to center support structure for the blade. If you hold your index finger in the center and apply pressure, they are fine. This is the flaw in the design. last week I was traveling and had a different razor in my suitcase. I shaved with that one in half the time. With these Remingtons, you will eventually get a close shave but you really have to work at it.

jbest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbest
sandylou04 wrote:These are GARBAGE! Don't buy!!

+1

JOHN BEST

ghavo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghavo

Remington again... say it ain't so woot.... say it ain't so... (crying in a fetal position)

zzzzzz.... snort.... zzzzz... What? Woot? Where? When? Why?.... awwww... spent money again.... yawn... zzzzzz snort... zzzzz... What? Woot? Where?.....

calvorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calvorn

Bought these once. Worst razor I have ever used. I wouldn't take them again if you gave them to me for free.

daufdi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daufdi

I am returning them to Remington at a loss due to shipping just to make a point that these suck!

bmkclemens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmkclemens
daufdi wrote:I am returning them to Remington at a loss due to shipping just to make a point that these suck!

Let me pull mine out of the garbage and you can include them with yours. I feel like a jerk for giving these away a a gift. It was a stocking stuffer, but still.

revoke

quality posts: 3 Private Messages revoke

I have agree with the negative reviews. I picked these up last time around (I think they were two bucks more at the time).

If you shave everyday and have very fine hair, they work OK, just OK. Not the closest shave, but OK. If you don't shave everyday, or a have coarse hair (like me), these are terrible.

The biggest issue is with these is blade placement. The five blades are simply too close together. It means clogging. No amount of power washing or thrashing around in a water-filled cup will dislodge the clogging. It will take paper or a toothpick chisel to get out clogged bits.

If I'm using these one day out from a previous shave they are OK. But skip a day and you will end of up with a clogged inefficient mess.

If you want 5 blades, try Gillette or even a Schick Hydro. Blades are far apart on models from those companies. They can take down a 2-3 day beard. The King of Shaves cannot.

Maybe let your lady shave her legs with them (assuming she has fine hair), because they just don't work well for a typical man.

You have been warned (but, hey, for $6.00, what could go wrong?)

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee

Im always so floored by the reviews on these. I bought one set for my husband when they were $7.99. My husband loved them and had just run out when suddenly Woot brought them back at $5.99 so I bought two more.

We still have a bunch left from that purchase but now that these are on sellout, Im worried they wont be back again. Im in for more before I have to pay full price at the store since yall haters are gonna keep woot from restocking me at such a great a discount!

RAWR Imma Squarryl

nitemare13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nitemare13

got these, a while back, and used them once, absolutely the worst shave from the most effort I've ever had to put in.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

I'm one of the lucky ones that gets a great shave every morning from these. I have a tough beard and sensitive skin, so much so that I went ten years with a beard.

ALL other razors would irritate my skin, making it look like I was a teen on an an all-sugar diet.

My skin has never been better and I need to shave each day.

It looks like the product is off the official site, so IF you like these, stock up now.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

dallasdano

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dallasdano

They just look like they would be hard to handle. No angle between the handle and the blade. If there was a different handle design, I may be interested. It does look like a good design for a woman (or man) to shave their lead.

dallasdano

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dallasdano
dallasdano wrote:They just look like they would be hard to handle. No angle between the handle and the blade. If there was a different handle design, I may be interested. It does look like a good design for a woman (or man) to shave their lead.

That would be shave their legs...

annarhoswen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages annarhoswen

I am also a woman and have no problem with shaving with this blade - in sensitive or non-sensitive areas. I keep up on my shaving, so there's very rarely hair long enough to clog the blade. My one complaint is that the pieces that hold the blades in seems to be pretty flimsy. I dropped my first one on the floor less than 30 days after I bought it and one of said pieces broke off, making the razor useless. Woot replaced the full order without hassle, which was nice, but it seems silly that it should break so easily. I'm going to buy this cheap sell out kit so I can have a back up razor, just in case.

rocknrun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rocknrun

Only issue I have with these is that it takes close attention to shave around my nostrils, other than that it works great. I tried one when the deal first came out, then bought two more the next time. I figure I have enough blades to last a couple of years. Not having any issue with clogged blades or not getting a close shave and my blades last longer than others I've tried.

drbenj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drbenj

If you're going through puberty and have a few hairs sprouting on your face this razor may suffice, otherwise it is the absolute worst razor ever.

He Who Never Gets a Bag of Chorizo

fastash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fastash

Save your money these razors are not worth a penny .. Terrible razors...

dehrman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dehrman

I bought these for the spouse and on the first shave the support handle for the cartridges snapped, horrible produce, do not buy.

slambram

quality posts: 3 Private Messages slambram

I'm just here for the comments...

djcermaks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djcermaks

Don't waist your money. Worst razor I've ever used. I rather shave with a month old Mach 3. The month old Mach 3 would do a better job of shaving.

jcristoforo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcristoforo

Do not recommend.

ryedunn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryedunn
radi0j0hn wrote:I'm one of the lucky ones that gets a great shave every morning from these. I have a tough beard and sensitive skin, so much so that I went ten years with a beard.

ALL other razors would irritate my skin, making it look like I was a teen on an an all-sugar diet.

My skin has never been better and I need to shave each day.

It looks like the product is off the official site, so IF you like these, stock up now.

Agreed. Great razors at an even better price. My sons and I all prefer these to more expensive models.

Harpo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Harpo

I just gave mine away last week. They look great but there is no shaving angle.

garretteldridge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garretteldridge

Terrible razors. You will be very disappointed.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
chipgreen wrote:There's a little black spot on the sun today....

I got a road rash burn on my face today...
The kind that oozes pus-won't go away...
Has 5 dull blades-caused my face to rot..
In so much pain..I'll need to smoke some pot..

King of Shaves...will blister me
King of Shaves..even hurts to pee

mayberry1976

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mayberry1976

I bought these in spite of all of the bad reviews at one of the last wootoffs. I shave in the shower using soap instead of shaving cream. I rinse my razor constantly. That being said, these have worked pretty good for me. It took some getting used to, but after about a week I am getting as close of a shave as any razor I have used. Now I do not have thick facial hair by any stretch of the imagination and at 36 years old I couldn't grow a full beard with the help of rogaine if I wanted to, but these work well for me. I picked up 3 sets last time, 2 for me and 1 for the wife. Thinking I may need to pick up 3 more. That would take care of my shaving needs for a long long long time.

mulletwm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mulletwm

Buy these! What a steal! - Sincerely, Misery Loves Company

jmmccabe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmmccabe

I bought these because they were so cheap that I figured that even if the quality was poor, the quantity would even out. However, my major complain is how easily hair gets stuck between the blades and how difficult it is clean it out. This leads to each razor only lasting about 5-7 shaves before I give up and use another one.

Not. Good.