Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3528 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

ok reviews (3.2 out of 5.0) over at Amazon

sweske

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sweske

Don't waste your time with these things. I purchased two of them from Bed & Bath Beyond. First they froze so hard that you could not knead them with you hands to make the slush. Second, the capacity is very small so the slush ends up being about 4 ounces.

ScottyP5947

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ScottyP5947

Not great in my opinion. I bought a set and my sister a set, neither if us is happy with them.

Scott

kytyn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kytyn

My kids got these for Xmas. One of the cups got a hole in the inner lining within the first week. The other one seems fine. Thinking about ordering a replacement set. These work so much better than the cubes you freeze then shake in the drink (Slushy Magic?). Seems like it holds less than the slush mug I had when I was young.

lichme

quality posts: 2905 Private Messages lichme

Here is an instructional video:

mh2s

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mh2s

Previously ordered 4 sets for Christmas gifts. Everyone was very happy with them, young and old. We've had no problems with any of them. My freezer is -3° and the cups aren't frozen solid. Great customer support. Be sure to watch the video for extra instructions and tips.

karruttopp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karruttopp

A dingo ate my slushy!

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja

addalight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages addalight

least expensive on ebay is about 20 bucks, including ship.

Smith

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

Bought these on Kids.Woot last time and would just comment that it does work but on smaller liquid portions, which is kind of disatisfying and pointless. I wouldn't recommend buying this.

ragsys

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ragsys

Poor product! Bought these last time.Just makes an unusable mess!

maggiecain

quality posts: 9 Private Messages maggiecain

I also bought these during the last woot. Worked great to make a slushy, nothing froze solid. Mostly, I love that the serving size is naturally small, which is perfect for a child's dessert. Pop some organic juice in this, and you have a perfectly-sized healthy summertime cooldown dessert for your kids.

khandi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khandi

I bought these for my 11 yo for Christmas. I don't like them. They are rubber and don't seem stable. If you put too much liquid or liquid that isn't cold in them, they don't make a slush. I had a slushy cup when I was a kid, IMHO it worked much better than this product. I don't recommend them, at all.

traymaz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages traymaz

Also bought these for Christmas. One was leaking upon opening it. I contacted the company and they did replace it which was great, but now 2 months later, using the cups about 4x a week at dinner time it seems like most of the fluid inside is gone from both and it no longer make a slushy, kind of just like a drink with icy chunks. Wouldn't recommend, but the kids loved them while they lasted.

j0hnlind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages j0hnlind

I cannot figure out why so many have had problems with these. Follow the instructions and you will have a Slurpie* quality slushie beverage.

Do this. Freeze the things overnight. Pour in your beverage, preferably a refrigerated beverage. Wait a couple of minutes. Start kneading. Enjoy.

My only complaint is that they only hold 6 or 8 ounces, that is why you GET TWO!

*Slurpie is a registered trademark of 7-11 or whoever owns them.

elohssa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages elohssa

I made lemonade in mine and told my kids I was eating yellow snow, which actually turns out to be a pretty good comparison because your slushy will have the consistency of wet snow.

wollern

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wollern
elohssa wrote:I made lemonade in mine and told my kids I was eating yellow snow, which actually turns out to be a pretty good comparison because your slushy will have the consistency of wet snow.

ewwwwwwwww!

johnlafreniere

quality posts: 1 Private Messages johnlafreniere

I got a set of these a year ago. One leaked from day one. The other worked as advertised, but was more hassle and less fun for the kids than I expected. Both in trash within 90 days. YMMV

amyjg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amyjg

I bought these to make instant margaritas, it didn't work. So only, nonalcoholic beverages

Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks The 80's quotes...
"If your hair moves while headbanging, you didn't use enough hairspray."
"It's not how WELL you sing, it's how HIGH you sing!"

ozzallos

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ozzallos

Think I'll just save my money and buy the kid a 48oz gut buster slurpy from Circle K at .75 each.

donslin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages donslin

I am pretty much addicted to the Coke icees at Burger King and I wish I could find some easy way to make them at home that they would turn out the same consistency as the BK ones.

I have a home snow cone machine and I love those too, but you can drink the the BK coke icees through a straw and that's what I'd like to be able to make at home.

If these things only make about 4 ounces, I'd have to make 5 or 5 at once to make enough to be worth the effort, so I guess I'll pass.

Thanks for all the info. I was tempted. I can always count on accurate reviews from all of you. Thanks!

buttonstc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buttonstc
donslin wrote:I am pretty much addicted to the Coke icees at Burger King and I wish I could find some easy way to make them at home that they would turn out the same consistency as the BK ones.

I have a home snow cone machine and I love those too, but you can drink the the BK coke icees through a straw and that's what I'd like to be able to make at home.

If these things only make about 4 ounces, I'd have to make 5 or 5 at once to make enough to be worth the effort, so I guess I'll pass.

Thanks for all the info. I was tempted. I can always count on accurate reviews from all of you. Thanks!

If you're willing to spend the bucks, you can have several lifetimes (bequeath it to your kids) of BK coke slushies which you can sip through a straw.

Just get a Vitamix, freeze your ordinary Coke in ice cube trays, buzz for 30-60 seconds and enjoy

Granted, a bit of overkill just for slushies, but you'll find so many other uses for it.

:D

rubysoho

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rubysoho

Was gutted when I bought these and they didn't work...