WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Which puppet/cartoon name will be the first to eventually make a comeback as a baby name?
  • 1.7% - Kermit 119
  • 2.4% - Grover 167
  • 3.6% - Barney 244
  • 1.4% - Homer 95
  • 4.1% - Sylvester 283
  • 5.1% - Mickey 345
  • 81.6% - Elmer 5570
6823 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

Over 4000 votes for Elmer in less than 4 minutes?

grey5730

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grey5730

Okay, this looks like a repeat performance of the poll on beer from a few days ago. Somebody better fix this poll bug!

ceagee

quality posts: 62 Private Messages ceagee
mjc613 wrote:Over 4000 votes for Elmer in less than 4 minutes?

wow lots of wooters got online and rushed to this poll !! Not.

They left out Oscar. I think that would be good.

klstrader

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klstrader
ceagee wrote:wow lots of wooters got online and rushed to this poll !! Not.

They left out Oscar. I think that would be good.

I agree, Oscar would be good. I went with Grover.

mcden

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mcden

Here's my theory. A Woot! staffer is expecting a son. They want to name the son Elmer, but the other parent says "No way". So the staffer tries to "prove" that Elmer is a good choice.... leading edge of popularity and all that...
I went with Grover in the poll.

pitamuffin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin

I had to vote for Grover.

When I was expecting my first, my husband signed up for some kids book club. Choose a ton of books, pay a buck, etc. He had to give a child's name. We didn't know yet, so he filled out the form with "Grover" as our son's name.

To this day, I somehow still get calls occasionally asking us to re-enroll "Grover" into the book club.

flashdark

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flashdark

Pitamuffin, that's funny - my family did something similar before my little sister-to-be had a proper name. Her "working title" was...Homer.

Rats! That's what I should have gone with!

melb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melb

Not sure why everyone wants their kids names to be so different. When I was in the hospital giving birth to my son, all the nurses were excited that we were giving our son a "normal" name. Same reactions from the nurses in the pediatrics.

serengehde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages serengehde

I wanted to vote for Grover, but I think Barney will win. Only because of NPH in How I Met Your Mother.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

I thought Sylvester was the one that would go best with the vests, mustaches, and hipster glasses everyone seems to be in love with. XD

jenaa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jenaa
Moueska wrote:I thought Sylvester was the one that would go best with the vests, mustaches, and hipster glasses everyone seems to be in love with. XD

I agree, but I pictured it as a girl's name!

This is an interesting change in disappointments.