0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

socalwoman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages socalwoman

What's the electricity usage on this like?

Seize the Carp!

enktwiss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages enktwiss

Heater is hot when in use?

Well that does it, I can't have things like this in the house, someone might burn themselves!

readymade

quality posts: 19 Private Messages readymade

These are great for when you get the chili willies and you just want to warm up the room you're in quickly.

I got something better than luck.

tedfarkas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tedfarkas
socalwoman wrote:What's the electricity usage on this like?

If you have to ask, you cannot afford it. (The specs say it's 1500 watts, so that's roughly 20 cents per hour, except for So. California, where you don't need a heater)

Jasmine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jasmine
readymade wrote:These are great for when you get the chili willies and you just want to warm up the room you're in quickly.

Do you have this? I'm thinking about buying one so I'd like to know how well they work.

MWPollard

quality posts: 15 Private Messages MWPollard

Buy.com: $49.99 and free shipping. N41.

Wow - I woot!ed so much my sig can't contain it all!

My page: http://www.MichaelPollard.org

escalante

quality posts: 8 Private Messages escalante
tedfarkas wrote:If you have to ask, you cannot afford it. (The specs say it's 1500 watts, so that's roughly 20 cents per hour, except for So. California, where you don't need a heater)

I thought you were exaggerating for effect, but nope, your costs are correct (I plugged the numbers into Excel). For $.16 per kilowatt, it comes to 24 cents per hour.

salia000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages salia000
Jasmine wrote:Do you have this? I'm thinking about buying one so I'd like to know how well they work.

It's only good for a very small area...wouldn't really do anything more than 5 feet away.

gimperdaniel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gimperdaniel

My wife has one of this at work - it works great. Exactly what I need for my job. First time I buy anything from woot.

mattm5669

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattm5669

Bought one for my girlfriend for her birthday and it works great. I keep the house pretty cool so she's able to use this and point it towards here when we're downstairs watching tv or in the bathroom when she's getting ready. She's really liked it so far. I was sick a few weeks and I aimed it under the blanket while I was in the recliner and that was awesome. It's so hard to get warm when your sick. All in all. Definately worth it.

hawaiijeno

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hawaiijeno

Can anyone give an idea as to how much noise this makes when running?

micheleaubin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages micheleaubin

Great little heater! Nice auto-adjust feature to keep temperature fairly even. Very quiet, small, and efficient. Highly recommend it.

ratmotor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ratmotor

Hey, they could enclose this in an "Amish" wooden box, and sell it for ten times the price.

dcimming

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcimming

Can it be used outside in a 3-car garage as a warming unit for my dog?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3807 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Lots of comments from fellow wooters for this, back when it was sold on home.woot this past January

http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5309221

cebii

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cebii
dcimming wrote:Can it be used outside in a 3-car garage as a warming unit for my dog?

If you aim it towards him and he's within a few feet.

catgrrl

quality posts: 9 Private Messages catgrrl
mattm5669 wrote:Bought one for my girlfriend for her birthday and it works great. I keep the house pretty cool so she's able to use this and point it towards here when we're downstairs watching tv or in the bathroom when she's getting ready.

FYI--just noticed it says you're not supposed to use it in the bathroom...

yayobama

quality posts: 12 Private Messages yayobama

Don't report me to the heater police, because I use mine in the bathroom-- the coldest room in the house where one most needs warmth. It works great to warm up the room just for during showers, or to warm up the commode if setting the heater behind/under it. Just keep it dry and all is well. Tiny thing but fast at warming up your space!

theehill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theehill
dcimming wrote:Can it be used outside in a 3-car garage as a warming unit for my dog?

Yes. It would probably struggle to warm up that big of space, but it's something your dog could be very comfortable in front of or near to.

Jasmine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jasmine
salia000 wrote:It's only good for a very small area...wouldn't really do anything more than 5 feet away.

Thanks. I'd only be using it for a small area and my 2 other heates recently broke so I bought 2. Looks like a great deal.

traquy

quality posts: 53 Private Messages traquy

Ok Ok, fine. I've seen these go by 3 times already and thought about it each time, but recently our pellet stove went out and it too 2 days to finally get the part and get it repaired and I found I could really use an extra heater. We needed to put the bigger ceramic heater from the bedroom in the living room and needed a smaller one for the bedroom.

soundxli

quality posts: 2 Private Messages soundxli

$24.99 in January and $17.99 this time around. In for 3 to get me through the winter in case the 30 yr old gas furnace decides to take a dump. And yes, I'm hoping for a furnace replacement on the sellout or woot-off someday...

anibunny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anibunny

I am blown away. I was considering this heater this weekend on Amazon, but decided to wait.

My space heater at work broke last week and have been wearing two jackets and two blankets at work since.

I spent all weekend going to stores like Target and Home Depot looking for a new little heater and no one had any. They're "seasonal" items.

It's awesome to see this!

Bunnies Ogling Carrots: 1

Tatts

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tatts
Jasmine wrote:Do you have this? I'm thinking about buying one so I'd like to know how well they work.

It puts out the same heat as any other 750/1500 watt heater. It's quiet, thermostat works well (but no temps on the dial). On low power, it only shoots really warm air out the left side of the front, cooler air out the right side.

The fan is low power and quiet, one speed. You won't feel a breeze from his thing from more than 1 foot or so away, but it's putting out the heat. Warms up my 10'x12' bathroom (ssshhhhh) just fine on low (I never run it on high). It doesn't make that annoying buzzing sound that heaters with metal cases often make.

The description says "Heat or fan only setting for year round continuous use". Not true. The only time the fan will turn on is if the power switch is set to low heat or high heat and the thermostat is turned up to kick the heat on. The fan doesn't run if the heaters aren't heating.

Even if it did work without heat, it would be pointless. There is virtually no airflow more than 12" in front of the unit. It's gentle enough breeze that the warm air heads more toward the ceiling than straight out.

ronninorris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ronninorris

Kicking my half cold hiney for not buying two! Great little heater that my 18 and 17 yr old are now fighting over. "Where's the heater?" Hushed tones... "i dunno" as he wiggles his toasty warm toes in the corner where he hid the heater.