Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

rpr63501

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rpr63501

Can anyone say 'ugly'?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 2543 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

check out these comments from when these were sold back in December on home.woot

http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5269778

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
conanthelibrarian wrote:check out these comments from when these were sold back in December on home.woot

http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5269778

Thanks for posting that link, Conan. Narfcake would enjoy the dog-themed set, but a review posted after these arrived last time raises some concerns.

Lizndale wrote:Mine arrived today, I washed them cold, gentle, and the washer tub was lined with soppy clumps of thread. Hmmm. So into the drier on low, and towels came out with pills, pills, pills, pulled threads, and clumps of thread. I'll be writing customer service in the morning, and include pics. Incredibly disappointed.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Apollo1Man

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Apollo1Man

On the green ones. The picture matches my mats exactly. Sadly when I got them. The green is closer to the top bar of the regular woot.

alan93

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alan93

2 bath towels? Try 6 and that would be a deal. I'm still stinging from the humidifier I bought 3 months ago on here that broke and is not replaceable. Woot at your own risk!

asteryx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asteryx

I just bought a set of microfiber towels here on Woot. The quality was substandard and the purchase price was not a discount (more likely a premium).

Save yourself the trouble. Better deals on better towel products are available at Target.

I was very disappointed.

Rhonwyn22

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Rhonwyn22

Bought the purple set for the guest bathroom last sale and they look great. The color is exactly as it appeared on my screen. They wash and dry fine. They are very soft. No complaints here.

ginbak

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ginbak

I'm in for another set. I bought one last time and I like it fine. The bath towels are HUGE. I've washed them a few times, and there is a little bit of 'pilling', but not much. I like them.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 499 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

alan93 wrote:2 bath towels? Try 6 and that would be a deal. I'm still stinging from the humidifier I bought 3 months ago on here that broke and is not replaceable. Woot at your own risk!

Sorry for the problems with the humidifier. Looks like the one you bought had a 90-day Woot warranty? It's not unusual for us to not have replacements as we sell until things are sold out.... gone. However, you can email customer service for warranty support.

Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

exillinimj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages exillinimj

I got these for $35 a set last time they were on. The patterned towels are great - the solid towels still have lint balls coming off (after 4 washes).

Rhonwyn22 wrote:Bought the purple set for the guest bathroom last sale and they look great. The color is exactly as it appeared on my screen. They wash and dry fine. They are very soft. No complaints here.

nickdanger42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickdanger42

Wished the specs would list the GSM (Grams per sq/meter). For an online purchase this would give the buyer an idea of the 'heft' of the towel.

This space left intentionally blank.

darkmagician1184

quality posts: 8 Private Messages darkmagician1184
asteryx wrote: Better deals on better towel products are available at Target.

protip: the backside endcaps is typically where they stow all their clearance (away from middle aisles). typically stowing the 70% clearance in the furniture section or bike section, at least the Targets in Houston do this.

abmac12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abmac12
asteryx wrote:I just bought a set of microfiber towels here on Woot. The quality was substandard and the purchase price was not a discount (more likely a premium).

Save yourself the trouble. Better deals on better towel products are available at Target.

I was very disappointed.

Ditto!

Mike G.

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mike G.

In for the dog towels, looks perfect for sending with offsprung to college.

Mike G

harleygal14

quality posts: 1 Private Messages harleygal14

We got many sets of these last time they were on and we love them. Yes fuzz does come off, but so did it with the towels we got for our wedding over 15 years ago from a department store. I remember those defuzzing for months after getting them. I'm really happy with these, huge and soft. It's like drying off with a beach towel every day!

lauramusich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lauramusich

I got the purple set last time these were on woot, and I've been pretty happy. Interestingly, the solid set seems to be more absorbant and less linty than the patterned set. Very little lint, they have washed up fine without pilling. I'm in for another set.

MichXelle

quality posts: 35 Private Messages MichXelle
asteryx wrote:I just bought a set of microfiber towels here on Woot. The quality was substandard and the purchase price was not a discount (more likely a premium).

I was very disappointed.

A set is not this set. I bought three sets and love them for all of my bathrooms because they're all neutral tones of beige. No pilling washed in oversized front loaders. They're thick, soft and exactly what I wanted.

I have no complaints at all and I'm fussy about my towels. I plan on purchasing more and never buy towels in Target, I've never found them to be of excellent standard.

OVER 518 W00T CARTFULS as of 04/01/14. You're killing us with wonderful items W000T!

OVER 7 years on The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months.

stevethorpe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stevethorpe
Apollo1Man wrote:On the green ones. The picture matches my mats exactly. Sadly when I got them. The green is closer to the top bar of the regular woot.

You really should not expect colors on your monitor to be anywhere close to 'true'. It requires expert calibration of monitors and cameras to get colors of photographed items true enough to use as a "match" on your screen.

I use two (uncalibrated) monitors regularly (my MacBook LED and an external monitor) and colors of items are very different when viewed on different monitors.

aleturan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aleturan

They forgot to mention word loops, that is 100% Egyptian cotton LOOPS. Not the same as just 100% Egyptian cotton.