zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3645 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

pretty good reviews (4.1 out of 5.0) over at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Andis-21420-Pro-Animal-Detachable-Ceramic/dp/B0009XH6ZA

note2001

quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001

Not sure what this pup dislikes the most: the fur-cut, the muzzle or the fact that her ears are shaven, tips dyed pink and then tied up in ribbons. ... I'll vote ears.

mwinkykitty

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mwinkykitty

You could use these to shave any animal, including the most deadly of all animals...

Man.

lichme

quality posts: 3008 Private Messages lichme

Just dont get too carried away

missyscove

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missyscove

I haven't used these specific clippers, but Andis clippers in general are great!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

This could be a fun thread.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jimmer2007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimmer2007

Are these heat resistant enough to use on my horse's ears?

eliteh4xx0r

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eliteh4xx0r

I wonder if there's anything on the storage case that would suggest that this is for animal usage. I'd like to buy this to keep *myself* clipped to a #3 most of the time, and I have a pretty thick mane. Would hate having to explain why I have animal clippers.

wickerjk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wickerjk

I have had this clipper for 5 or so years and it's really great. It's hefty and feels very solid in your hand and the blades and combs fit very well. I have bought extra Andis blades and combs. I've never used another clipper very much but I don't think this one heats up too much or very quickly. I have a spare blade for the body and I switch half way through just to make sure it doesn't get too hot. There is also a cooling spray you can use if you don't have an extra blade. The motor seems to be high quality - I've used it on a transformer in a country with 240v for 4 years and it hasn't burned out, contrary to most of my electronics/appliances. I can't believe this price and I just emailed my mom to buy this today!

susanmwdouglas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages susanmwdouglas

I own this clipper and use it to clip my poodle and my yorkie. It is a very good clipper, easy to maneuver and does not overheat too quickly. I paid $65 for this clipper a few years ago and this is a steal - the ceramic blade alone is $25. If you've been looking for a clipper, this is the perfect home clipper.

stonechiper

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stonechiper

I bought this exact model (for almost double the price) a few years ago and I can attest it is a good quality clipper set. Sadly, it does not work well on my particular dogs hair type (which is dense and cottony and mats like crazy if you even look at it funny). So I usually use it to even out his coat after scissor cutting. I've even used it on my own hair as it is easier to use then my husbands much larger and heavier Wahl clippers. If you are looking for clippers (for your pet or yourself) I think this is a good deal, high quality,nice price, and powerful while being more compact and lightweight.

cwolfpack3

quality posts: 7 Private Messages cwolfpack3
jimmer2007 wrote:Are these heat resistant enough to use on my horse's ears?

Andis makes a horse clipper and funnily enough, it's the one I use on my dogs. They have some really tough coats to clip and we never had any luck with "pro" versions of other brands' clippers. The horse clipper is not cheap, though, about $150 - $170 on sale, over $200 retail. It does a fantastic job. The great thing about Andis is their blades: interchangeable with just about any of their clippers and they hold up very well.

I should add, like the other person (above), I usually switch blades about halfway through and I re-lubricate them periodically, as well. Never had an issue with burning the pups or me.

Thanks to Woot's big anniversary, I'm no longer a bee oh cee virgin. Woohoo!

peterri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peterri

I have a German Wirehaired Pointing Griffon. Long hair, fairly heavy undercoat. Does anyone know if this clippers will work with the undercoat?

perpsley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perpsley

I am a groomer. If you want that professional cut, do not buy this clipper. The rpm's are too low. Always look for a clipper with 4500 or more. This clipper only has 3700 and believe me, that doesn't "cut it"... no pun intended. The rpm's make all the difference in the world.

angelofchaos99

quality posts: 3 Private Messages angelofchaos99
lichme wrote:Just dont get too carried away

That's a lion cut. It's used to keep Persian cats cooler in warm months, or to get rid of mats. Speaking of which, this clipper doesn't cut Persian cat fur at all - I've tried.

maraich

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maraich

Would this be good for getting mats off of long-haired cat? I don't need it to be pretty, I just want to get the lumps off the poor thing.

rwoodcock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwoodcock

[quote postid="5348067" user="wickerjk"] I've never used another clipper very much but I don't think this one heats up too much or very quickly.

What heats up is the blade, not the clippers. If your doing a lot of close clipping you have to check the blade to make sure it is not too hot otherwise the dog gets 'razor burn' To prevent this you change to another blade.

rwoodcock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwoodcock
perpsley wrote:I am a groomer. If you want that professional cut, do not buy this clipper. The rpm's are too low. Always look for a clipper with 4500 or more. This clipper only has 3700 and believe me, that doesn't "cut it"... no pun intended. The rpm's make all the difference in the world.

If you have the two speed Andis this is the lower speed. This is great for one or two dogs. If your a pro groomer get Laube. Expensive but worth it.

Xiola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xiola
maraich wrote:Would this be good for getting mats off of long-haired cat? I don't need it to be pretty, I just want to get the lumps off the poor thing.

For mat removal on long haired cats, I just use one of these: http://tinyurl.com/axq8t2g

What I need these clippers for is to shave the back end of one of my more rotund cats. She's too fat to keep herself clean back there because she can't reach (although she does try very hard). She always has dingleberries stuck in her fur and then she drags her bottom around on the bed and elsewhere to solve her problem. Obviously this doesn't work for me. The vet does a little quick shave of her rear and it fixes her right up. I would love to just do it at home.

~X

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear

Is this a One or Two Speed Clipper ?

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

sivadselim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sivadselim

Can I groom my snake with this?

jpisanich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpisanich

The blade is detachable for most Andis clippers. If that is the case with this one then this is a great deal. The extra blades run about $20. The Andis brand makes very little noise which helps are your dog will probably not like to be startled. I asked the groomers at my local pet store and they all use Adis clippers so I hope that helps too! I used cheaper brands before and they did not work well, made lots of noise, got really hot and got snagged in my dogs coat. The Andis clippers are quiet, much cooler to the touch, and do not get snagged very ofter. I highly recommend this to anyone looking save a little money on grooming their dog them self. You can also buy additional blades and guards for this.

ebam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ebam

really bummed to miss this one

gg11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gg11

WOOT Please sell me one.