conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 2567 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

great reviews (5.0 out of 5.0) over at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Joseph-Elevate-Carousel-Rotating-6-Piece/dp/B0090WZHQG

dickrourke

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dickrourke
conanthelibrarian wrote:great reviews (5.0 out of 5.0) over at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Joseph-Elevate-Carousel-Rotating-6-Piece/dp/B0090WZHQG

Yes, but alas only 3 people, none of whom reported long use and experience of them. I'm for more info!

lichme

quality posts: 2292 Private Messages lichme

Here is the Retail page which is selling this set for twice the price. Woot literally "cut" the prices on this deal!

Miranda03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Miranda03

I have the J&J elevate utensil carousel and the index cutting boards and LOVE them. I'm curious about the prolonged quality of these knifes though. I'm looking for a good sharp set that will last. Wish Amazon had more reviews.

Lance19

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Lance19

[quote postid="5347412" user="conanthelibrarian"]great reviews (5.0 out of 5.0) over at amazon

Those "reviews" smell funny though.
Especially the 'Dario Cabeza' one:
5 Stars!
"Excellent experience !!! I received everything correctly, the performance and quality of the product is just as I expected !!!" 2/15/13

One of 11 "reviews" (a watch, a shirt, a folding colander, etc.) from his cabeza
on 2/15/13...ALL 5 stars, ALL saying precisely:
"Excellent experience !!! I received everything correctly, the performance and quality of the product is just as I expected !!!"

raggleraggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raggleraggle

I don't think knives at this price range (i mean $100) last that long anywho. The features of this knife set really make it cut above the rest (at this price range).

ricecakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ricecakes

I beg to differ. The Ginsu Softo knife set I bought a few months ago was $50 and is fantastic.

amnishaw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amnishaw

For the price, these knives would be worth trying, since there aren't long term reviews. And, if you do the work to keep them sharp, I'm sure they will be great.

litezen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages litezen

The photos of the knives on the Woot site look different from the ones on the official Joseph Joseph site - the official photos show coated blades with the Joseph Joseph logo. The ones on Woot show uncoated blades with no logo. I ordered a pair - hopefully these are official retail knives and not factory rejects.

rockandrollbot

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rockandrollbot

The picture where the knives are next to the carousel make the knives look tiny. Anyone know the sizes? I order some Ginsu knives on eBay a long while ago and they were like tiny as small tiny things.

dickrourke

rockandrollbot wrote:The picture where the knives are next to the carousel make the knives look tiny. Anyone know the sizes? I order some Ginsu knives on eBay a long while ago and they were like tiny as small tiny things.

Sure. The sizes of the blades are listed under dimensions. Bread and carving are 8" and the chef's is given as 6 1/2. The upper-sized knives will be handy rather than hefty, I'm guessing.

The price comparison above (mentioning $100) is for silicon coated knives.

ncsteeltoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncsteeltoe

I can't find specific information on what grade of steel these knives are. ”Stainless” isn't very informative. If they are AUS8 or better would be nice to know.

ciarlar

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ciarlar

A 6" chef's knife seems kind of silly. My 8" seems too small sometimes; I can't imagine how small a 6" feels.

thomasr

quality posts: 6 Private Messages thomasr
ncsteeltoe wrote:I can't find specific information on what grade of steel these knives are. ”Stainless” isn't very informative. If they are AUS8 or better would be nice to know.

Where do you see stainless? I see "coated."

dickrourke

ciarlar wrote:A 6" chef's knife seems kind of silly. My 8" seems too small sometimes; I can't imagine how small a 6" feels.

True. I'm getting them and will add to our info about 'em next time around, if we see them again.