good reviews (3.8 out of 5.0) over at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-SN13L-Nineteen13-Lunchcase/dp/B00518GNSE

sucker4crap

quality posts: 20 Private Messages sucker4crap

A great review!

[MOD: Embedded video for you.]

thislilgecko

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thislilgecko

I don't understand...why buy this when you can purchase any assortment of bento boxes?

Daiso Japan has always been my go-to. For instance:

http://www.daisojapan.com/p-14641-bento-box-for-eel-and-rice-5pks.aspx

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3664 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

"perfect" reviews over at sierratradingpost.com

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/stanley-nineteen-13-lunch-case~p~5191j/

groundz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages groundz
thislilgecko wrote:I don't understand...why buy this when you can purchase any assortment of bento boxes?

In all honesty, I don't see how it's any different.

rowman25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rowman25

I'm pretty sure I couldn't even fit the condiments for my lunch in that little box.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rowman25 wrote:I'm pretty sure I couldn't even fit the condiments for my lunch in that little box.

Did you watch the video? It's actually roomier than it looks.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
sucker4crap wrote:A great review!

Thanks for showing what the inside looks like. That's kind of important if you actually want to put things in it.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
rowman25 wrote:I'm pretty sure I couldn't even fit the condiments for my lunch in that little box.

You must bring along some pretty hefty condiments. This thing holds 2 bottles of beer.

goatcrapp

quality posts: 17 Private Messages goatcrapp

i bought a few last time. NOT for lunch, but for hand tools and workshop organizing, lol.

polysorbate

quality posts: 7 Private Messages polysorbate

Could be used as a gun case....
Unfortunately, you cannot carry a gun and a beer at the same time...Damn!
It also might be illegal in your state to drink before you shoot.

Ignace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ignace

In that video clip, it appears to me that the lunch case will not close completely and latch with a 16-oz. can inside

Maybe if the can were centered in the space, the container it might shut completely; but apparently not so if the can sits to one side

The two beers in bottles appear to fit okay; handle with care ?

animalcracker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages animalcracker

oversized sunglass case...Could fit all the kids random glasses in here!

Would never fit my lunch in this. And yeah, bento box would be much better. No weird curved sides and lots of sections to seperate and hold food. This thing is JUST a case so you have to put your food in something else before putting it in.

kmf600

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kmf600

So, is this lunch box insulated? Will it keep the 2 bottles of beer cold, or my meatball sub warm? A couple of pictures from the front and with it open would be nice. I saw the video but that was shown from the top with it open. It helps but a few more pics would be nice.

Thank you

DerWeissFlugenWurst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DerWeissFlugenWurst
polysorbate wrote:Could be used as a gun case....
Unfortunately, you cannot carry a gun and a beer at the same time...Damn!
It also might be illegal in your state to drink before you shoot.

Your obviously not from Texas

Rudedog753

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Rudedog753
kmf600 wrote:So, is this lunch box insulated? Will it keep the 2 bottles of beer cold, or my meatball sub warm? A couple of pictures from the front and with it open would be nice. I saw the video but that was shown from the top with it open. It helps but a few more pics would be nice.

Thank you

It is not insulated. I really like the one I picked up a few weeks ago from WOOT. I pack a sandwich and a banana everyday for my High School senior daughter. The case fits very well in a backpack with her school books. I thought she'd scream that it wreaked of "Old Man", but it works so well she likes it. The video is very accurate. It is also dishwasher safe. I'm in for three more.

lroller

quality posts: 15 Private Messages lroller

...is that some guys bare foot at the top is this photo?

ekrull

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ekrull

rowman25 wrote:I'm with you.

ekrull

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ekrull
ekrull wrote:Oops - that comment was from me. If your work and commute means that lunch is really breakfast, lunch, and dinner and if you try to eat a lot of healthy foods and beverages that are not calorie dense, you could need much more capacity.

t2000kw

quality posts: 5 Private Messages t2000kw
mjc613 wrote:You must bring along some pretty hefty condiments. This thing holds 2 bottles of beer.

Barely enough for a bottle of hot sauce, a salt shaker,and a pepper grinder!

silo11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silo11
t2000kw wrote:Barely enough for a bottle of hot sauce, a salt shaker,and a pepper grinder!

I actually use this lunchbox everyday. I can fit a 6" sub sandwich, bag of chips/cookies, small piece of fruit, and usually one other small item. I don't fit my drink in there, but that isn't a problem because I have a 24 oz. bottle of Dew I drink throughout the day.

It isn't the biggest lunch box in the world for sure, if you need a drink, you should probably look elsewhere. If you don't, it is a very stylish and rugged lunchbox that will last for a while.

Speaking of style, I've never in my life got more "Where did you get that lunchbox, that is cool" questions in my life.

blackIria

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blackIria

vital note for the future of wooter careers:

1) curved top = poor design choice for office refrigerator hegemony

2) if you think people are bigger than to not develop a negative conscious or unconscious bias towards the dude whose lunch container choice causes them difficulty or to work with a general mess or disorder, no matter how small... then you did not attend a US highschool, and if you did, then you don't yet realize that it doesn't end when you enter the workforce

the end

Thinkerer

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Thinkerer

This looks like it would be a great gear case (keeping camera/small tablet/battery packs etc. from getting smashed).

veniceonthebayou

quality posts: 5 Private Messages veniceonthebayou
t2000kw wrote:Barely enough for a bottle of hot sauce, a salt shaker,and a pepper grinder!

So buy two - one for the condiments, one for the sandwich. Or, buy 3 - one for an appetizer, one for the main course, and one for the dessert!

veniceonthebayou

quality posts: 5 Private Messages veniceonthebayou
thislilgecko wrote:I don't understand...why buy this when you can purchase any assortment of bento boxes?

Just wonderin what the measurements on the bento boxes are. I didn't see them on the website. I have this utility room that needs some organization...

sonomawilliam

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sonomawilliam
goatcrapp wrote:i bought a few last time. NOT for lunch, but for hand tools and workshop organizing, lol.

doing the same now!

CeruleanDragon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CeruleanDragon
sucker4crap wrote:A great review!

Great video/review! Thanks sucker4crap, that perfectly showed how big this thing is and what can go in it. I'll need 3 for my 6-pack of beers.

newtlink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newtlink

bought two of them.. one in each color.. one for lunch, the other for electronics.. going to use one to put my Nook Tablet and other detritus in, using die cut foam inserts..

gwendyw

quality posts: 8 Private Messages gwendyw
blackIria wrote:vital note for the future of wooter careers:

1) curved top = poor design choice for office refrigerator hegemony

2) if you think people are bigger than to not develop a negative conscious or unconscious bias towards the dude whose lunch container choice causes them difficulty or to work with a general mess or disorder, no matter how small... then you did not attend a US highschool, and if you did, then you don't yet realize that it doesn't end when you enter the workforce

the end

I have found the curved lid results in my lunch being "floated to the the top" or leaned against the side of the communal commercial refrigertor. The handle on the end seems to allow people confidence in knowing which way should go up, and they place it to prevent their flimsy plastic sacks from being smooshed through the side gaps of the racks. I know to pack it with crushables closest to the handle, and they appreciate the barrier.

They made for an excellent storage cases for size 50 cabled knitting needles, too. I'm in for two more.

ebender1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ebender1

C'mon woot!, those photos suck! Can't wee see inside and then with stuff to gauge relative size?

Yeah, I saw the video. But what about woot's due diligence?

Regarding:
"Designed for Disassembly, the plastic liner can be removed from stainless steel shell for recycling"

That means, designed to be thrown away

Nevertheless. IMO it's too small.

martmann4

quality posts: 14 Private Messages martmann4

These are big enought to hold a Glock 17 and 4 mags, for a compact range kit.

Learn how to post a link:
[url]THE WEB ADDRESS[/url]
11 extra keystrokes, that show you care.

http://www.woot.com/Forums/languages/en-US/docs/bbcode.aspx <Like that.

d0ublescratch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages d0ublescratch

I placed two orders: one for each color--a detail the shipper chose to ignore. Sturdy item. Questionable service.

bborozan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bborozan

ordered one of each. received one that is black and the other is half-white, not "stainless steel". caveat emptor, kiddos.

oh, and woot charges tax on the shipping...

mrichm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrichm

I just received my Blackhawk version, I like it! It has red/orange hinges and the black stainless steel body; you can feel the quality of this product. I do think it is little small, but I can still fit a sandwich, yogurt, and some chips in it, so it gets the job done. Luckily my work has drinks or I'd be carrying one separately. Overall, if you have simple lunches and want a stylish/quality product, this is it.

Wooters wooting wootfully wootlessly, woot.