WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Ye Olde HP EliteBook Shoppe

Give HP a break, they named the EliteBook before the global financial crisis shed a dismal light on the word "elite." At least they didn't name it the "1%Book" or the "RealEstateIsAlwaysASoundInvestmentBook."     And really, it should be the last of HP's concerns. 
HP official site

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

l33tb00k!!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

cpage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpage

I wish intel didn't call dual-core i7's, well, i7's.

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123

didn't see the "these are business grade" thing. comment withdrawn.

skrutinizr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages skrutinizr

They do have a slightly tougher build, but fall short in durability vs. the XPS. I have XPS at home and EliteBook at work. Hate the lack of number pad on XPS but hate the buttons and feel of keyboard on the HP.
This is a reasonably good price.

note2001

quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001
cpage wrote:I wish intel didn't call dual-core i7's, well, i7's.

You and me both. Wasn't it just less than a year ago that i3 was the dual core, i5 was the quad core with or without turbo-boost and i7 was the sandybridge i5? Those lines have all been blurred. The only thing we can count on is:

i7 > i5 > i3 > pentium, where ">" denotes "faster than"

If I ever figure out the exact math I'll let y'all know.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

davemays123 wrote:didn't see the "these are business grade" thing. comment withdrawn.

SCORE!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bball123h

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bball123h
ThunderThighs wrote:SCORE!

I bought a 8460 a week ago, and had to return it.. Motherboard fried after 2 days of use, and HP claimed it had no warranty.

Woot has been awesome with the return, but these may not be worth the hassle.

ThunderThighs

Staff

bball123h wrote:I bought a 8460 a week ago, and had to return it.. Motherboard fried after 2 days of use, and HP claimed it had no warranty.

Woot has been awesome with the return, but these may not be worth the hassle.

If EVER you have problems with a vendor recognizing the warranty on a Woot purchase, please contact support@woot.com. We'll work to straighten things out. We have ways.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

RepsRok07

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RepsRok07

No HDMI port? That's a deal killer.

Aaron

bball123h

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bball123h
RepsRok07 wrote:No HDMI port? That's a deal killer.

It has a displayport, which you can convert to VGA, DVI, HDMI... Usually $20-30 for the adapter.

echineko

quality posts: 3 Private Messages echineko

I used to have a 8460 at my previous workplace, always gave me solid performance, even if the design wasn't the most sexy.

Loved the durability of the thing, but yeah, these aren't really made for chilling at your local [insert fave restaurant/coffee shop/bistro].

tofr4479

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tofr4479
bball123h wrote:It has a displayport, which you can convert to VGA, DVI, HDMI... Usually $20-30 for the adapter.

or less than $8 at monoprice.com

chrisdazzo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages chrisdazzo

Did someone mention taupe? It's my favorite color. Why, you ask? Because it rhymes with DOPE!

I'll be your Apple man.

honestdata001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages honestdata001

Really want the 14" Dual-Core i5 EliteBook but worried if something goes wrong. Really want to get a good laptop like this for the great price.Not sure if i should risk it.

icthulhu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages icthulhu

Is ThunderThighs in the "Forever Lazy" pic at home.woot? 'Cause I'm guessing she's the fifth from the left.....from the mischief in her smile.

ThunderThighs

Staff

icthulhu wrote:Is ThunderThighs in the "Forever Lazy" pic at home.woot? 'Cause I'm guessing she's the fifth from the left.....from the mischief in her smile.

No. Luckily I wasn't in the office that day or I might have been nabbed. My mug remains a mystery.

FORUM MODERATOR

yatesd2711

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yatesd2711
echineko wrote:Loved the durability of the thing, but yeah, these aren't really made for chilling at your local [insert fave restaurant/coffee shop/bistro].

Actually the spillproof keyboards might make it perfect for the coffee shop or around the house.

I currently have an HP Envy. While it is nice, my next laptop will be commercial grade, even if they cost slightly more.

BTW, I'd rather be seen with one of these than an overpriced Maaac.