3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3645 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

OK reviews over at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BS0DDU/ref=diet_twister_dp_update?ie=UTF8&psc=1

kovo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kovo

What's the advantage of being PVC free?

lichme

quality posts: 3008 Private Messages lichme

Looks an awful lot like this sale, however now $10 cheaper!

sully3561

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sully3561
kovo wrote:What's the advantage of being PVC free?

I was curious, too. Found this:

http://greatoutdoorprovision.com/blog/2007/02/green-mule-why-pvc-free/

Swordman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Swordman

PVC is a deadly toxic substance, so any way you can do without it, helps.

brmoser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brmoser

PVC airbeds stretch. Because of this, the airbed won't hold consistent pressure. The material also thins over time causing weakspots and holes. It's funny many airbed manufacturers still choose PVC over a reinforced or better material. I'm told it is cheaper, but I guess it also insures that the consumer will need to continue purchasing more airbeds and not have something that lasts.

philgonet

quality posts: 11 Private Messages philgonet

Anybody have this (or similar from Kelty) that can address if the pump works while it is plugged up to the wall? I had one bed that ONLY worked if you charged up the pump for several hours before you used it, and DID NOT work if it was plugged in. Therefore, 'spur of the moment' house guests were out of luck if we hadn't used the thing for a while...

McLovin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages McLovin
Swordman wrote:PVC is a deadly toxic substance, so any way you can do without it, helps.

That is not even remotely true.

http://www.plasticstoday.com/blogs/medical-musings-pvc-good-or-bad1108201101

You might be confused that VCM (Vinyl Chloride Monomer) is a toxic substance, but forgot that this is an intermediate in PVC production and it is not present in any PVC product nor is any of it released during PVC production.

tdtheriot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdtheriot

does this air mattress have a "fabric" top on sleeping area are is it all the same cold plastic type all over. i had one that had a "felt" type fabric on sleeping area.

nodnarbo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nodnarbo
philgonet wrote:Anybody have this (or similar from Kelty) that can address if the pump works while it is plugged up to the wall? I had one bed that ONLY worked if you charged up the pump for several hours before you used it, and DID NOT work if it was plugged in. Therefore, 'spur of the moment' house guests were out of luck if we hadn't used the thing for a while...

looks like that was answered on amazon

The adapter just charges the battery, it doesn't run the pump, so you'll have to charge up ahead of time.

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa
tdtheriot wrote:does this air mattress have a "fabric" top on sleeping area are is it all the same cold plastic type all over. i had one that had a "felt" type fabric on sleeping area.

No, it does not have a felt or cloth top... it's very slippery... but got use to that fast. Great bed that lasts forever with no holes!

west3man

quality posts: 6 Private Messages west3man

Once I experienced the AeroBed, I can hardly consider any alternatives. (Plus, my family lost their minds at how solid, high, and adjustable that AeroBed was. Now I own three. Jesus.)

InFrom

quality posts: 32 Private Messages InFrom
west3man wrote:Once I experienced the AeroBed, I can hardly consider any alternatives. (Plus, my family lost their minds at how solid, high, and adjustable that AeroBed was. Now I own three. Jesus.)

I was wondering about whether there's an Aerobed comparable to this air mattress -- something that could be used for camping at a site with no electricity. This Kelty weighs less than 7 lbs., and seems pretty compact to transport, but granted it's only a few inches high. I was thinking an Aerobed might be easier to get up from.