4%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

jensownzoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jensownzoo

Why does the seat of the chair look so shallow? *squints* This isn't one of those "special" chairs, is it?

casey00001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages casey00001

For 270 bucks I could get a nice futon and nap rather than rock. Pass

lichme

quality posts: 2293 Private Messages lichme

I feel I am too young to appreciate a good rocking chair. I'm more of a lazy boy kinda guy.

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

This is "Bi-Cast" which means it goes both ways...back AND forth.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jensownzoo wrote:Why does the seat of the chair look so shallow? *squints* This isn't one of those "special" chairs, is it?

Seat Dimensions: 22" W x 21" D

I saw this sitting in the office last week. It's a nice size rocker. Looks solid. Forgot to sit in it before I left the office though. Drat.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ •••
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lichme wrote:I feel I am too young to appreciate a good rocking chair. I'm more of a lazy boy kinda guy.

My grandparents had a covered back porch that ran almost the full length of the house. They had about 8 rockers sitting back there. We spent a lot of time there growing up. I have a fondness for rockers.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ •••
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs

tapps

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tapps

this looks like the perfect spot to sit in while i yell at the kids to get off my lawn! thanks woot!

RamSlammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RamSlammer

Bicast leather (also known as bycast leather, split leather or PU. leather) is a man-made material made with a split leather backing covered with a layer of polyurethane that is applied to the surface and then embossed. Because it is only used for the backing, the leather portion of this material generally not visible in finished goods made from Bicast. Bicast was originally made for the apparel industry for glossy shoes, and recently was adopted by the furniture industry. The resulting product has an artificially consistent texture that is easier to clean and maintain, as is the case with most plastic materials.
[edit]Production and Features

The use of terms like "leather", "genuine leather" or "100% leather" in relation to this bicast treatment is considered a misrepresentation and therefore not permitted in some countries, e.g., New Zealand.[1] Furniture made with bicast exhibits none of the characteristics associated with aniline leather; it will not develop a patina or suppleness nor otherwise "improve with age". With constant use the polyurethane layer may crack and split free of its backing.[2][3]

Craig234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Craig234

It looks nice. But I think if I get a chair for any decent amount of money, I'll splurge on the ekornes. Really comfortable.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1063 Private Messages whatsamattaU

$299.99 Walmart vs. $269.99 tonight. Only comment was about not getting right product
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dawson-Heritage-Bicast-Leather-Spencer-Rocker/17648598

Not finding much of anything.

jabluszko

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jabluszko

Oh honey, give me some money! What a beauty! I want it so badly :-(

heidiwoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages heidiwoot

Here it is at Overstock - nearly $400. Again, only one comment that has nothing to do with the comfort/quality of the chair...

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Spencer-Rocker/5991731/product.html?cid=144187&fp=F&TRACK=CSEBecome&mr:referralID=43553fcf-72af-11e2-8751-001b2166c2c0#custreviews

tonymontana444

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tonymontana444

pretty nice looking chair and i did just turn 30. i think i am old enough to rock a rocker now...

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear

You know what the Grandma said when she put her Rocking Chair on a pair of Roller Skates.......

IT'S TIME TO ROCK AND ROLL!!! lol.

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

brookwoodgirl6131

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brookwoodgirl6131

this is not leather, and it is a misrepresentation to call it that.

in a few years, the plastic will peel, meaning this does not have the useful lifespan of a fabric, real leather or even a vinyl chair. It.s maybe worth 50 bucks.

capguncowboy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages capguncowboy

They sell these at Sam's Club. They are really comfy. My wife and I came really close to buying one of these on a few occasions, but the displays were always broken. Honestly, I'm not sure if that's a testament of the design or how rough some customers are on things. Either way, we passed. Afterall, we have children and I know how rough they can be on things at times.

prttymf8

quality posts: 24 Private Messages prttymf8

Looks nice. I bought one of these about 4 years ago:

Last rocking chair I will ever buy. Partially because it's so great and partially because of how expensive it was.

indymedic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages indymedic
prttymf8 wrote:Looks nice. I bought one of these about 4 years ago:

Last rocking chair I will ever buy. Partially because it's so great and partially because of how expensive it was.

prttymf8- Waddams Threatens Fire is that? Do you remember the name or manufacturer? I'd like to research that one...

Juantyr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Juantyr
indymedic wrote:prttymf8- Waddams Threatens Fire is that? Do you remember the name or manufacturer? I'd like to research that one...

http://www.thegrantrocker.com/brochure1-rockercover.pdf

dallasdano

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dallasdano

Since when has "made in China" become a "feature?"

Patsycar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Patsycar

2 questions:
Does this fold?
Does it require assembly?

markriddle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages markriddle

Bi-Cast leather...yuk

Reminds me of Naugahyde. Which brings me to the bad memories of how many millions of Naugas gave their hydes to make cheesy furniture. Rather save my money and by real hide or nice cloth.

fountainpen1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fountainpen1

That's not leather, its the skin of the last person to biodegrade in this rocker. It is so comfy you can't get out of it. This is how I want to go, talk about legacy...