WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Cycling Cyclearance

Uh-oh. Dad's mad again because he can't park his car because we have a bunch of bikes in there because we just love bikes so much. If you can take a few of these off our hands to get us out of Dutch with the old man, we'll remind him again that he's not supposed to park his car in the Woot warehouse. He has good days and bad days.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

PSA: Please make sure your kids wear helmets when riding bikes. And that they wear them properly over the forehead. Seriously. Thanks.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

stanlead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stanlead

I'm looking for some cheap knee pads so I don't have to be as careful when mountain biking. Has anyone used these before?

fjp999

quality posts: 15 Private Messages fjp999
ThunderThighs wrote:PSA: Please make sure your kids wear helmets when riding bikes. And that they wear them properly over the forehead. Seriously. Thanks.

Seriously!!!

I was always stopping parents trying to explain helmet use, it is to protect the side and front of the head (as well as the top, of course) but they just seem like it is such a bother.

It takes a few minutes to properly fit around the ears - but I guess it is too much to read instructions.

btw, many cities have free kid helmet giveaways during the summer (not sure with budget cuts) *** but helmets are useless if they are not worn tightly and properly!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

fjp999 wrote:Seriously!!!

I was always stopping parents trying to explain helmet use, it is to protect the side and front of the head (as well as the top, of course) but they just seem like it is such a bother.

It takes a few minutes to properly fit around the ears - but I guess it is too much to read instructions.

btw, many cities have free kid helmet giveaways during the summer (not sure with budget cuts) *** but helmets are useless if they are not worn tightly and properly!

My son hit a hole and did a flip over the handlebars of his scooter when he was about 8. Hit the sidewalk with his forehead. Thankfully, I always pestered him to wear his helmet correctly so while the helmet was ruined, his brains weren't.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 839351

I assume all the adults are wearing helmets as well? Don't want to be a hypocrite of course

starmanbackwards

quality posts: 6 Private Messages starmanbackwards
stanlead wrote:I'm looking for some cheap knee pads so I don't have to be as careful when mountain biking. Has anyone used these before?

CHeap knee pads? Harbor Freight

fjp999

839351 wrote:I assume all the adults are wearing helmets as well? Don't want to be a hypocrite of course

I agree, for most.

It certainly saved my life in a huge hit & run. Threw me 60 feet. Helmet and knowing how to break saved my life. Amazingly didnt even get a tear in my clothing. Crazy sore for months!

About a year later started treatment for Hep C, cured but those meds disabled me... so throwing caution to the wind I now cycle without. Blame the crazy docs and big pharma *ok!?

So, yeah, 99.9% of adults should wear a helmet correctly and not worry about it looking fashionably - some of the new ones have so many cooling holes in them you barely know you are wearing one - but for a small % we love to have that one last feel of the wind... ya know.

btw, some of the major companies with crash guarantees will send you a new helmet after a crash along with a certificate that you survived a crash! Pretty cool!

fjp999

ThunderThighs wrote:My son hit a hole and did a flip over the handlebars of his scooter when he was about 8. Hit the sidewalk with his forehead. Thankfully, I always pestered him to wear his helmet correctly so while the helmet was ruined, his brains weren't.

Good for you ThunderThighs!

I hope that when you son has kids he will pass on this valuable lesson.

As I wrote above, dont know if your brand of helmet had a crash guarantee as mine did but got a cool Crash Survival Certificate ready for framing along with a new helmet. I am sure your son would have thought that was pretty cool.

bkarp1977

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkarp1977

I bought the MegaJoe bike rack last time it was on here for $49.99. I've yet to actually transport a bike with it, but I set it up for my car (2010 Jetta). While it takes a few minutes to figure out the install of how it connects and straps to your vehicle, it's a REALLY nice bike rack for $40.

hondac95

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hondac95

It was for this very reason I bought one this time, so good reviews about it. It would had been nice if Woot Staff would had included a vehicle fit sheet since I just found out that this will not fit my vehicle, so now I will have to either sell it elsewhere as return will not be an option since I would had to pay shipping on a free shipping item

bkarp1977 wrote:I bought the MegaJoe bike rack last time it was on here for $49.99. I've yet to actually transport a bike with it, but I set it up for my car (2010 Jetta). While it takes a few minutes to figure out the install of how it connects and straps to your vehicle, it's a REALLY nice bike rack for $40.