2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

Sunflowers are my favorite flower, but the Daffodil is so much more appealing in this case. I love mine so much that I want a couple more as backups.

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3812 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Corebamboo.com tells us why we should buy bamboo

http://www.corebamboo.com/whybamboo/

tapps

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tapps

I love these cutting boards. I have the extra large board from a previous woot.. and it's my favorite. just note that it is big and heavy... so just a bit awkward to hand wash and air dry (it actually doesn't really fit on my drying rack... but whatever #firstworldproblems )

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 87 Private Messages sellbuyer92

Only thing I could think of...

yayobama

quality posts: 12 Private Messages yayobama

Woot, you guys are a Tulip Tease! I tried buying the one featured in the photo within a minute of the sale beginning and you were already sold out. Hmphh! It's ok, I got the dafodil one, even tho I'll have to bust out my drill to hang from this big board from a drying a hook.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

yayobama wrote:Woot, you guys are a Tulip Tease! I tried buying the one featured in the photo within a minute of the sale beginning and you were already sold out. Hmphh! It's ok, I got the dafodil one, even tho I'll have to bust out my drill to hang from this big board from a drying a hook.

Yeah, just checked and we didn't have many left of that one. Sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

conanthelibrarian

3.8 out of 5.0 stars on the Daffodil cutting board over at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Core-Bamboo-Daffodil-Collection-Cutting/dp/B0052S9TDY

conanthelibrarian

3.7 out of 5.0 stars on the solid 3-piece set over at bedbathandbeyond.com

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?sku=18841460&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CPbC7LeLobUCFexxQgodPBIARw

bajeckabean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bajeckabean

I bought the set of 3 solid cutting boards in a prior Woot deal and was disappointed that the very first time I used the large one and washed it after, it split in the seam. It still works fine, but I hand-washed and set it out to dry on the counter, standing up on one side (leaning against the wall), so I don't know why it would've split. I followed the directions. It seemed like it's two pieces of thin bamboo fused together, because the split was a straight line, like a seam. If I were buying again, I'd get a thicker bamboo cutting board.

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather

I already own the Tulip cutting board and I love it. Wash it by hand immediately after use and give it a good rub down with coconut oil every once and again and I haven't had any splitting issues.

Really tempted to get daffodil and peony. Not because I need all of these cutting boards, but because they are pretty.

aprilbolin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aprilbolin
bajeckabean wrote:I bought the set of 3 solid cutting boards in a prior Woot deal and was disappointed that the very first time I used the large one and washed it after, it split in the seam. It still works fine, but I hand-washed and set it out to dry on the counter, standing up on one side (leaning against the wall), so I don't know why it would've split. I followed the directions. It seemed like it's two pieces of thin bamboo fused together, because the split was a straight line, like a seam. If I were buying again, I'd get a thicker bamboo cutting board.

I have both the 3-set and the XL board. The XL is much more solid and I expect it will last longer. Though I'm pretty excited to get my Big Kahuna board (which hopefully will be here soon). All four of the Core Bamboo boards might be relegated to the back of the cabinet then.

spektator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spektator

How come more shipping for different items on the same WOOT??

Should be separate WOOTS.

9 OUT OF TEN OF THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO GO HOME AND CLEAN MY GUNS AND YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS THEY ONLY TALK TO ME.
46 WOOTS,
80+ items, FINALLY 1 BUCKED OFF COWGIRL!!!!

mvancrey58

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mvancrey58
bajeckabean wrote:I bought the set of 3 solid cutting boards in a prior Woot deal and was disappointed that the very first time I used the large one and washed it after, it split in the seam. It still works fine, but I hand-washed and set it out to dry on the counter, standing up on one side (leaning against the wall), so I don't know why it would've split. I followed the directions. It seemed like it's two pieces of thin bamboo fused together, because the split was a straight line, like a seam. If I were buying again, I'd get a thicker bamboo cutting board.

Ours did the same thing. The set of 3 is very thin. The large one split with gentle care in the first week. It will not remain useful for long. Love them for looks. We also have the large striped one which is solid and great so far.

corebamboo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages corebamboo

Here at Core Bamboo we stand by our products, if you are having problems with your boards please contact us at customerservice@corehome.com

corebamboo

mvancrey58 wrote:Ours did the same thing. The set of 3 is very thin. The large one split with gentle care in the first week. It will not remain useful for long. Love them for looks. We also have the large striped one which is solid and great so far.

Here at Core Bamboo we stand by our products, if you are having problems with your boards please contact us at customerservice@corehome.com

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee

I bought these last time. The 3 piece striped set is very weak, I absolutely do not recommend it. Here are 3 half pieces my husband saved to remind me not to buy these again lol. All three boards split on a seam. The stripe is the problem, because each color is a new piece of bamboo and the boards in whole are so thin they break very easily. You can see in this top pic even though the board already broke in half another stripe was about to break off too.

On a positive note, the larger boards appear much thicker so they probably wont split as easily as mine did. If you do buy the thin striped set and it splits, you can make some great chopsticks with the stripes!

mtoy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtoy

For someone with the large style, can you tell me how much it weighs?

brian53newell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brian53newell

I have the 3 piece set. I love them. However, my wife managed to break the 2 larger boards when getting aggressive, while trying to cut some butternut squash. I think we may have washed them 1 too many times.. the boards started to warp a little bit. I would recommend going with the thickest Bamboo cutting board available.

knightfolk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knightfolk
crickee wrote:I bought these last time. The 3 piece striped set is very weak, I absolutely do not recommend it. Here are 3 half pieces my husband saved to remind me not to buy these again lol. All three boards split on a seam. The stripe is the problem, because each color is a new piece of bamboo and the boards in whole are so thin they break very easily. You can see in this top pic even though the board already broke in half another stripe was about to break off too.

On a positive note, the larger boards appear much thicker so they probably wont split as easily as mine did. If you do buy the thin striped set and it splits, you can make some great chopsticks with the stripes!

Thanks for saving me the trouble of taking pictures on mine. Picked these up the last time woot had the for sale, and the same thing happen. I guess on a positive note I now have twice as many cutting boards now lol. Beware.

wogert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wogert
mvancrey58 wrote:Ours did the same thing. The set of 3 is very thin. The large one split with gentle care in the first week. It will not remain useful for long. Love them for looks. We also have the large striped one which is solid and great so far.

Specs show that the 3 piece set is barely over 1/4" thick, while the XL boards are 3/4"... I didn't pay any attention to that until reading these posts, so thanks very much for saving me from a disappointment

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather
mtoy wrote:For someone with the large style, can you tell me how much it weighs?

According to amazon, they should be ~6lbs.

Before I went there to check, I used the highly scientific measurement of comparing the cutting board's weight to my cat. I was guessing 7-8 pounds based on that, so I wasn't far off.

wogert wrote:Specs show that the 3 piece set is barely over 1/4" thick, while the XL boards are 3/4"... I didn't pay any attention to that until reading these posts, so thanks very much for saving me from a disappointment

You want one of the large ones. I swear by mine. It's awesome. Oil it daily for the first week, then just give it an oiling every few uses after that. Never put it in the dishwasher or leave it soaking in water and you won't be disappointed.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Sorry for the problem with the board. Remember that you have a 90-day warranty with Core Bamboo. Be sure to contact them about that split.

corebamboo wrote:Here at Core Bamboo we stand by our products, if you are having problems with your boards please contact us at customerservice@corehome.com

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

spektator wrote:How come more shipping for different items on the same WOOT??

Should be separate WOOTS.

You only get charged shipping on the first item. After that shipping is free until Midnight central. Unless you're choosing expedited shipping.

FORUM MODERATOR

corebamboo

knightfolk wrote:Thanks for saving me the trouble of taking pictures on mine. Picked these up the last time woot had the for sale, and the same thing happen. I guess on a positive note I now have twice as many cutting boards now lol. Beware.

corebamboo

crickee wrote:I bought these last time. The 3 piece striped set is very weak, I absolutely do not recommend it. Here are 3 half pieces my husband saved to remind me not to buy these again lol. All three boards split on a seam. The stripe is the problem, because each color is a new piece of bamboo and the boards in whole are so thin they break very easily. You can see in this top pic even though the board already broke in half another stripe was about to break off too.

cobidawg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cobidawg

I purchased the 3 piece set last time they were on woot. And they are absolute crap. The biggest one of the 3 split down the sides on the second day(hand washed and propped up in a drying rack). We contacted core bamboo and they said they would mail out a replacement...that was 2 weeks ago and still have yet to receive it. Since then all of them have warped and became useless. If they can't handle a little water during washing what is the point of them.

They are now sitting in a pile to be thrown away. Do not buy the 3 piece set.

SofaKingMelo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SofaKingMelo

What if I wanted to buy two XL's? Do I place them as two separate orders and woot will reimburse me for the shipping for one? I can't see a way to combine orders. Hrrmmm...

Edit: Nevermind. I got it. Change quantity to 2 and select which ones you want. That was a hurr durr moment on my part.

cobidawg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cobidawg
SofaKingMelo wrote:What if I wanted to buy two XL's? Do I place them as two separate orders and woot will reimburse me for the shipping for one? I can't see a way to combine orders. Hrrmmm...

All you need to do is select a quantity of 2 and then choose which ones you want. Woot only charges you 5 bucks for shipping per day. It is all linked to your account.

SofaKingMelo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SofaKingMelo
cobidawg wrote:All you need to do is select a quantity of 2 and then choose which ones you want. Woot only charges you 5 bucks for shipping per day. It is all linked to your account.

Thanks, Cobi. I think I figured it out just as you replied.

everett0123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everett0123

I got the Core pizza board kit, when I took off the wrapper it fell into PIECES!!! Never got a response from
my E-Mail.

Just talked to them & they said will
call me back when person that handles
Web sales.

corebamboo

everett0123 wrote:I got the Core pizza board kit, when I took off the wrapper it fell into PIECES!!! Never got a response from
my E-Mail.

I am sorry that you did not receive a response to your email. Please email us at customerservice@corebamboo.com and I will be happy to help you receive a replacement pizza board.

Sooozie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sooozie

How can you tell which style is which??

oblio59

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oblio59

3/4" Peony and to a lesser extent Sunflower have the end piece grain perpendicular to the main body, this should help with the splitting along with the greater thickness than the 3-piece set.

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB

I have the Daffodil (though I didn't know it had a flower name until now). The first one arrived split. Woot sent a replacement and I haven't had a day of trouble with that one. The thing is, the size is just a bit too large for me to pull it out regularly. I know, for good knife technique I should use the largest cutting surface available, but it's often more about convenience (the Daffodil only fits in my sink diagonally, so it's harder to wash). I have two smaller cutting boards that I reach for more frequently, but the Daffodil is the one I want for cutting something large like pizza.

wareagl487

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wareagl487

It says not for cutting board huh..... Wrong Again WooT!!! Well it is going to be - will use it as a pattern to make multiples for gifts!!!

pat22meth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pat22meth

So close, I want the 3 piece, but I was questioning how easy these split BEFORE I read the reviews...

I would be in for a large one, but I really don't want (yes, a bit pet-peevy) a cutting board with the drainage moat(sp?) around the edge.

Maybe next time Woot

Skink J.I.

mrstaggart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrstaggart

Does anyone know if these are reversable? Sometimes I need the "moat" and sometimes not - so can I flip them over (the sunflower looks tapered so may not flip?) Do any of them have rubber feet on the underside or just wood?

corebamboo

mrstaggart wrote:Does anyone know if these are reversable? Sometimes I need the "moat" and sometimes not - so can I flip them over (the sunflower looks tapered so may not flip?) Do any of them have rubber feet on the underside or just wood?

The Daffodil board has handles so you would not want to use the other side of that board. The rest are reversible. They have no rubber feet, just wood on the underside.

jelliebaby

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jelliebaby

I bought the 3 piece set the last time I saw them offerred on Woot. Like the Core bowls, before using them I thoroughly coated with a thin film of mineral oil, wiping off any excess. I use mineral oil on my built in old wooden cutting board as well as any wooden spoons or handles on old knives. I've not had any problems with the boards splitting. Would recommend oiling any wooden (or bamboo) item before using the first time.