WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Craig Electronics

Craig was all, "I'm making electronics!" and we were all, "Whatever, Craig," Because Craig says a lot of things. But sure enough, he did, and we were all like, "Nice, Craig!" because Craig's wife Lisa is always all, "Craig needs positive reinforcement."
Craig official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ROGETRAY wrote:Are you going to begin college soon? Are you without awesome electronic audio equipment? Have you NEVER experienced a 5.1 channel home theater system? We...might need to talk...
I'm just hanging out, really.

colbytitus

quality posts: 5 Private Messages colbytitus

I'm confused about the 5.1 home theater system. Is the amp built in to the DVD player?

haydesigner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages haydesigner

Wow, I honestly had no idea Craig was still around. About 20 years ago, Craig was one of the _worst_ electronic brands you could buy (the cut-rate brand at Radio Shack, IIRC). Anyone know if their quality/reputation has improved?

zodar99

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zodar99

It looks like there are only outputs to the speakers and to the TV. No inputs? So the only thing that will play over the speakers is what you put in the DVD player.

webgenie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages webgenie
zodar99 wrote:It looks like there are only outputs to the speakers and to the TV. No inputs? So the only thing that will play over the speakers is what you put in the DVD player.

Okay that would totally suck...I was thinking of getting one for an old CRT that I have Roku connected to...but if there are no inputs...screw that! Thanks for saving me from myself zodar!

nixit2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nixit2

Couldn't you just hook it up to your own amp?

keenbarnes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keenbarnes
haydesigner wrote:Wow, I honestly had no idea Craig was still around. About 20 years ago, Craig was one of the _worst_ electronic brands you could buy (the cut-rate brand at Radio Shack, IIRC). Anyone know if their quality/reputation has improved?

Purchased the Craig tower speaker. Very disappointed with the sound quality and construction of the unit. Emailed Craig but they have not yet to respond.

randyosu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randyosu

Does anyone know if the Craig Portable Speaker Dock CR4189 is ac/dc power or both? (ie does it plug in to power or is it just battery powered?).

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

randyosu wrote:Does anyone know if the Craig Portable Speaker Dock CR4189 is ac/dc power or both? (ie does it plug in to power or is it just battery powered?).

A USB Power Cable is included that allows for charging the battery when connected to a computer or other USB charger.

In other words, it's just battery powered.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

thechanel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thechanel

I bought the Bluetooth tower speaker last time it was on Woot and it works and sounds great so far. It says that the remote control works on apple devices but it also works on my BT tethered Android cell phone, even with Spotify.

joshkross

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshkross

The only place I ever see Craig electronics is in NYC bodegas and other cheapo stores. I would not touch this with your ears.

asummerseffler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asummerseffler

I'm equally disappointed with the portable speaker dock. When playing through the SD port (where sound quality is the best), there's a faint ticking sound in the background. The sound quality through the line-in port is terrible, and I've tried four different cables to confirm that the issue is internal to the unit. I have yet to successfully play through the USB port. The only thing that's nice about it is the battery life, and it's decently loud for its size.

jeandiata

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeandiata

I just got the surround sound system. I've only connected the woofer and front speakers - and the sound was pretty good.

I hit a problem due the ancientness of my tv. But I'm pretty confident that when I get a new tv - I'll be pretty happy with deal I got on this system.

mommavicki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mommavicki

This sound system totally and completely sucks. Waste of money.