6%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Don't make me beg. I know some of you have bought these. They're really a quality set of flatware.

Cough up those comments.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mamawoot

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mamawoot

Honestly, TT, they look nice and I like the extra spoons but they seem a little pricey.

LaurenR0x

quality posts: 3 Private Messages LaurenR0x

I bought my WMF flatware from a Gold Box special about 5 years ago, and they still look as new as when I bought them.

That Gold Box sale was for the Manaos, and it was a 12 place setting set, with the service ware and iced tea spoons for $158. I thought I was splurging then, but I've never seen that many place settings for a price close to that since.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

same $119.99 in January:
http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5306171

November 28: $149.99, $30 more
http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5257067

That's all I can do. Sorry I've been too busy with work/personal again recently. Bye.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3915 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Cant say much about either set but can educate everyone a little on the difference between 18/0 and 18/10 stainless steel flatware.

http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com/restaurant-equipment-supply-marketing-articles/understanding-restaurant-equipment-and-supplies/commercial-flatware/the-difference-between-1810-and-180-stainless-steel-flatware/c27835.aspx

hvac1000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hvac1000

[quote postid="5334511" user="conanthelibrarian"]Cant say much about either set but can educate everyone a little on the difference between 18/0 and 18/10 stainless steel flatware.

http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com/restaurant-equipment-supply-marketing-articles/understanding-restaurant-equipment-and-supplies/commercial-flatware/the-difference-between-1810-and-180-stainless-steel-flatware/c27835.aspx[/quo

Thank you for posting this info.

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

excellent price considering what smaller sets of 18/10 are selling for on amazon.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

salpo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages salpo
mamawoot wrote:Honestly, TT, they look nice and I like the extra spoons but they seem a little pricey.

Pricey? Honestly, mamawoot, this is a steal. These are the best flatware I ever own. German quality, despite they are not made in Germany. WMF in Europe is one of the most expensive brand of flatware/cookware. This is so cheap I'm embarrassed...

pickleguy1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pickleguy1
ThunderThighs wrote:Don't make me beg. I know some of you have bought these. They're really a quality set of flatware.

Cough up those comments.

I got two sets of the windsor back in November (paid the extra $30 bucks each) but I'll say that even at $150, I am very happy with the purchase. They've got a decent heft, and have stayed shiny and scratch resistant so far.

katjoeus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages katjoeus

too late - Windsor sold out while I was doing research...

Can tell you, though, that it's a fantastic deal - I'm from Germany, WMF is the best-known flatware brand over there and usually quite expensive - lasting quality, though!!

kmylml

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kmylml

Picked up a set of the Windsor from the last Woot of this item. This is a really nice set of flatware and it is pretty hefty. I was shocked at how heavy the box was when it arrived. Only issue I have is the way Woot packs and sends the item. They put the flatware box in a much larger cardboard box without anything to fill up the space. When the flatware gets delivered, it just bounces around in the box and the flatware gets dislodged and the packaging looks banged up and ripped.

Get this if you want it for yourself, but don't get it if you plan to give it as a gift. The way Woot packs this makes it not so pretty when it arrives at your door.

sva777

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sva777

I got a set of Oneida flatware Carolina about 8 months ago and couldn't be happier. I found one knife to have a manufacturing flaw and sent it back to them and they sent me 4 new knives. That's customer service.

bringitonhome

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bringitonhome

Wahh! Missed it again!