12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
"Fine. We have a cat. We're cat people now."

Yay!

... I LOL'd.

As a mom, at the price point, I'd consider getting one of these. I bought a "training seat" that sits on top of the potty for my son, and he's all trained now, so the need's just not there.

Homercles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Homercles

"Stand alone potty?" For the life of me I never understood why parents would want to train their kids to poop in a bucket.

That's like training you dog to pee in a special corner of your carpet.

Train them to use the toilet, it's where you want them to end up anyway.

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

I've seen cooler ones!!

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Homercles wrote:"Stand alone potty?" For the life of me I never understood why parents would want to train their kids to poop in a bucket.

That's like training you dog to pee in a special corner of your carpet.

Train them to use the toilet, it's where you want them to end up anyway.

Because you can't leave a toddler unattended on a regular toilet? Because it take an hour to get a drop of pee out of a toddler and I have other things to do? Because I can't move my regular toilet into the living room?

I've never heard of a child who had difficulty moving from a toddler potty to a regular potty who wouldn't have had trouble with the regular potty regardless (i.e., some kids are afraid of the big toilet, but their fear is unrelated to whether they've used a toddler potty). Admittedly, I am not a child psychologist, but of all the concerns I hear from my adolescent patients and their parents, none of them are related to lingering trauma of moving from a toddler potty to a regular one.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3
neuropsychosocial wrote:Because you can't leave a toddler unattended on a regular toilet? Because it take an hour to get a drop of pee out of a toddler and I have other things to do? Because I can't move my regular toilet into the living room?

I've never heard of a child who had difficulty moving from a toddler potty to a regular potty who wouldn't have had trouble with the regular potty regardless (i.e., some kids are afraid of the big toilet, but their fear is unrelated to whether they've used a toddler potty). Admittedly, I am not a child psychologist, but of all the concerns I hear from my adolescent patients and their parents, none of them are related to lingering trauma of moving from a toddler potty to a regular one.

Who said anything about trauma? It's just stupid to have something extra to clean out when you can use this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AV5LZ8/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00