zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3914 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Couldn't find much other than it is selling for about $10 more at geeks.com

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=BDT-15605

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

World’s Tallest iPod Dock is 11 Feet Tall, Costs $565k. Stereo System and Ladder Included.

Power
• Total power 10,000 W
• 5 channels amplifier
• Low 1 x 4000 W
• Mid 2 x 1600 W
• High 2 x 1400 W

Dimensions and weight
• Height: 3 400 mm
• Diameter: 415 mm
• Base external diameter : 900 mm
• Net weight: 395 kg

Choose between 3 different colors
chrome
black
white

Available at jarre.com

gravityisweak

quality posts: 27 Private Messages gravityisweak

Why do all these stupid docks make the docked device stick out the top of the thing? What about sticking it to the front and make it look like the speaker has a screen instead of making it look like its wearing your ipad as a hat?

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Y'all do realize you're selling this for 1 cent more at $59 on Tech woot plus, right?
http://tech.woot.com/offers/sound-logic-itower-bluetooth-speaker-6

and I'm not sure what the price was in Mid-January:
http://tech.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5311358

gsmittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsmittle

Stereo? From one set of speakers? At best it will mix the two channels into one and produce high-quality mono.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

whatsamattaU wrote:Y'all do realize you're selling this for 1 cent more at $59 on Tech woot plus, right?
http://tech.woot.com/offers/sound-logic-itower-bluetooth-speaker-6

and I'm not sure what the price was in Mid-January:
http://tech.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5311358

Oops, our mistake.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

colbytitus

quality posts: 5 Private Messages colbytitus
gsmittle wrote:Stereo? From one set of speakers? At best it will mix the two channels into one and produce high-quality mono.

Stereo only requires 2 speakers

evereddie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages evereddie

I like how of the 3 pictures two of them are the same but one has a twist on it. That really shows me more. Maybe that pic indicates it can tip over easy.

axeblaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages axeblaster

Bought this a couple weeks ago from woot (for $2 more) and really enjoy it so far. I've heard that people have had problems with these dying after about 6 to 8 months and there's no customer service to speak of from the website. I can say that it has worked exactly as I've intended it to so far. I've only heard minor cracks in the highs at high volume.

Also, I wanted to note that mine did not come with a remote, though if you're using the bluetooth you don't need a remote.

marcillus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marcillus

How would this thing fare for use with a TV? My existing sound bar doesn't fit with my new TV stand, and the idea of an upright "bar" sounds intriguing.

garnski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garnski

Will this work with NON-Apple products? I have a SanDisk MP3 player. Will it work with that?

ericlala

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericlala
garnski wrote:Will this work with NON-Apple products? I have a SanDisk MP3 player. Will it work with that?

"Listen to all your favorite tunes from your iPad, iPhone, iPod, MP3 players, Smart phones, Computers and more in the comfort of your living room"

and it comes with a 3.5mm cable so I assume yes

robermill

quality posts: 2 Private Messages robermill

I DID purchase the Sound Logic XT BDT-1/5605 iTower Bluetooth Speaker in January (01-15-2013) for $59.99 and it arrived in good condition BUT there are SEVERAL inaccuracies detailing the devices Features/Specs:

• This is NOT a 30 pin-docking station, you MUST utilize your own iPod cable and plug your cable into the (1) USB port on the back of the tower (the "cradle" located on top of the tower is just that, a cradle; there are NO electronic contacts OR connections upon it).

• Your music will NOT play through your iPod cable, you MUST utilize the included "3.5mm audio cable" (as per the owners manual the "iPod cable will only power your device, you must utilize the included Audio Cable").

• There is NO "Remote Control" included with this model.

• There is NOT a "Video Out Port" for connecting the iTower to your television.

Although the tower does not sound too terribly bad, I am VERY disappointed with Woot's misrepresentation of this devices' Features and Specifications. I have purchased dozens of items since I first started Wooting back on October 5, 2007 and this IS the first time that Woot has truly disappointed me...

robermill

marcillus wrote:How would this thing fare for use with a TV? My existing sound bar doesn't fit with my new TV stand, and the idea of an upright "bar" sounds intriguing.

Yes, it will "work" if your Tv has a 3.5mm headphone jack for connecting the (included) approximately 12inch patch cable into. But, to adjust the iTower speakers volume level (and for "Muting") you will have to physically turn the dial on the iTower.

--> Unfortunately, contrary to the item's Specs there is NOT a remote control included with the iTower...

robermill

ericlala wrote:"Listen to all your favorite tunes from your iPad, iPhone, iPod, MP3 players, Smart phones, Computers and more in the comfort of your living room"

and it comes with a 3.5mm cable so I assume yes

Your assumption is correct, when utilizing the included 3.5mm diameter cable (approximately 12" in length) you can connect most devices. In the rare case that your headphone jack or external speaker connection is sized differently you could purchase an appropriately sized adapter for $4 - $5 at Radio Shack or Best Buy...

marcillus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marcillus
robermill wrote:Yes, it will "work" if your Tv has a 3.5mm headphone jack for connecting the (included) approximately 12inch patch cable into. But, to adjust the iTower speakers volume level (and for "Muting") you will have to physically turn the dial on the iTower.

--> Unfortunately, contrary to the item's Specs there is NOT a remote control included with the iTower...

Thank you so much for the heads up!

toddmrtz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toddmrtz

just received. put it together and won't power up. attempting to return thru manufacturer.
Those guys suck. Looks like I may be out $$ as it's not worth anymore of my time to fight this.
Don't buy this tower.

zoe0978

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zoe0978
toddmrtz wrote:just received. put it together and won't power up. attempting to return thru manufacturer.
Those guys suck. Looks like I may be out $$ as it's not worth anymore of my time to fight this.
Don't buy this tower.

Mine won't power up either the dc plug was stuck inside I dug it out and still doesn't work. Now I'm pissed if I would've bought from Amazon they'd at least cover my loss.

ThunderThighs

Staff

zoe0978 wrote:Mine won't power up either the dc plug was stuck inside I dug it out and still doesn't work. Now I'm pissed if I would've bought from Amazon they'd at least cover my loss.

Sorry for the problem. Have you contacted Woot customer service yet? If not, please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

zoe0978

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zoe0978
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problem. Have you contacted Woot customer service yet? If not, please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

I am still waiting to hear back from Woot, but Sound Logic wants me to pay to ship this back if I want to exchange it. The box is about 3 feet long so that would cost me around $40 what a joke I will never buy from this company again!!

peeeeeanut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peeeeeanut

Mine arrived without a power cord. Contacted the company over 2 weeks ago... they said they'd send one but I'm still waiting...

I'm temporarily using another power adapter, but not happy I can't get satisfaction from this seller. Woot's customer support told me they won't help me and my only recourse is to return the thing. For a <$10 cord.

Getting a little tired of having "issues" with what feel like the majority of my Woot orders. Figured I'd post this info here in case they offer this or another Soundlogic product again - can't find a SoundLogic Twitter account or I'd complain there too. Sigh.

peeeeeanut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peeeeeanut
zoe0978 wrote:I am still waiting to hear back from Woot, but Sound Logic wants me to pay to ship this back if I want to exchange it. The box is about 3 feet long so that would cost me around $40 what a joke I will never buy from this company again!!

I think I'd file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. You'd be surprised how often that will help resolve these issues. If you want, you could of course contest the CC charge... not sure you'd win since Woot basically tells you you're on your own with product manufacturers, tho.

ThunderThighs

Staff

peeeeeanut wrote:Mine arrived without a power cord. Contacted the company over 2 weeks ago... they said they'd send one but I'm still waiting...

I'm temporarily using another power adapter, but not happy I can't get satisfaction from this seller. Woot's customer support told me they won't help me and my only recourse is to return the thing. For a <$10 cord.

Getting a little tired of having "issues" with what feel like the majority of my Woot orders. Figured I'd post this info here in case they offer this or another Soundlogic product again - can't find a SoundLogic Twitter account or I'd complain there too. Sigh.

Sorry for the problems. Be sure to email support@woot.com for assistance if you don't get reasonable support from Sound Logic. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR

toddmrtz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toddmrtz

Do not buy this Sound Logic iTower. The item came in and wouldn't power up. I called the OEM and got a customer service line for M Trading Group in Addison, IL. I told them about the problem and they told me to just ship it back without an RMA#. I did at my expense ($23). They now claim they never received the return. So, of course, they won't ship a replacement. DO NOT BUY THIS iTower.