WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: You see a flyer advertising an appearance by THE REAL DARTH VADER at a nerd convention near you. You expect to see:
  • 15.4% - David Prowse 197
  • 26.2% - James Earl Jones 335
  • 0.6% - Jake Lloyd 8
  • 0.9% - Hayden Christiansen 12
  • 30% - Darth Vader 383
  • 26.8% - Nobody because I'm not going anywhere near whatever event this is 343
1278 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

It HAD BETTER BE James Earl Jones.

Or a trans-dimensional Vader is acceptable, too. I guess.

sarahjeanna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarahjeanna

James earl jones!!! his voice is amazing <3

friartek

quality posts: 15 Private Messages friartek
sarahjeanna wrote:James earl jones!!! his voice is amazing <3

Agree.

tolerance: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
BOC: 4 Including the very last Woot!-off B)C. One of the lucky few.

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Clarence Thomas.

Kaellyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaellyn

As much as I would LOVE for James Earl Jones to come to a nearby nerd convention, it would probably be David Prowse. Which would be just fine with me!

And all those of you who said you'd never go near it, you don't know what your missing! :P

tiler100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiler100

Non-geeks kneel before your new masters.

PhilCarr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PhilCarr

James Earl Jones! The best represenations of Vader (in my opinion) are as follows:

1. James Earl Jones
2. David Prowse
3. Jake Lloyd
4. That other guy who ruined the prequels

Jake Lloyd, even as a young child, was so much better than the other guy...

takethemeatbridge

quality posts: 10 Private Messages takethemeatbridge

If it's James Earl Jones, they are going to put "James Earl Jones" on the flyer. David Prowse is always complaining that he doesn't get the credit he deserves (which he probably doesn't, considering he was on screen as the most iconic villain in the history of cinema, and most people don't know his name).

Of course, Prowse is largely excluded from conventions, because most people think he's a whiny diva who hasn't acted since the Reagan administration.

helix031

quality posts: 0 Private Messages helix031

Sebastian Shaw.

roy1138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roy1138

Why would anyone think the kid from Jingle All the Way was the real Darth Vader?

Episode what now? There were only three of those films. No, I have them all on VHS.

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

Hayden Christiansen - just so that I can put a bullet through his head.

Although, I can see why they picked Hayden to be Anakin. Luke had to get his whinyness from somewhere

lorygil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lorygil
helix031 wrote:Sebastian Shaw.

Nice.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
takethemeatbridge wrote:David Prowse is always complaining that he doesn't get the credit he deserves (which he probably doesn't, considering he was on screen as the most iconic villain in the history of cinema, and most people don't know his name).

Of course, Prowse is largely excluded from conventions, because most people think he's a whiny diva who hasn't acted since the Reagan administration.

probably because he has yet to be paid any residuals.

move along

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
takethemeatbridge wrote:If it's James Earl Jones, they are going to put "James Earl Jones" on the flyer. David Prowse is always complaining that he doesn't get the credit he deserves (which he probably doesn't, considering he was on screen as the most iconic villain in the history of cinema, and most people don't know his name).

In all honesty, he was more like a stand-in than an actor.