3%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

whetham25

quality posts: 2 Private Messages whetham25

I've owned this TV for a little over a year now and can't complain at all about the price and performance.

I bought it from Best buy for 500 bucks last november? I think.

Have it mounted on my wall with a Rosewell wall mount.

If I had a need for another TV I'd totally pickup another one of these.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3920 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Has great reviews over at mygofer.com

http://www.mygofer.com/shc/s/p_10175_27151_012W020263940001P?sid=MDx20122301x0001gpla&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=31-74447315-2

markmc27

quality posts: 6 Private Messages markmc27

8 watts a speaker seems like its right on the whisper line. I have 10 watt an often have my speakers at 84%. Just saying you might need some xtra speakers. Also TV's are dropping like a stone. I just saw Costco had 60 inch 120 mghz for $789. Remember the big cost is you are going to probably have to pay $7-$15 extra for a HD box at your house. Your regular DVR from Satellite will not work. Just call Direct TV etc and ask. I was pissed when I learned the answer. BUT I TOTALLY LOVE MY 42 VIZIO AND ALL HD, IT IS WORTH IT.

I would probably buy this if it does have good reviews. Good Luck folks.

tx91791

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tx91791
markmc27 wrote:8 watts a speaker seems like its right on the whisper line. I have 10 watt an often have my speakers at 84%. Just saying you might need some xtra speakers. Also TV's are dropping like a stone. I just saw Costco had 60 inch 120 mghz for $789. Remember the big cost is you are going to probably have to pay $7-$15 extra for a HD box at your house. Your regular DVR from Satellite will not work. Just call Direct TV etc and ask. I was pissed when I learned the answer. BUT I TOTALLY LOVE MY 42 VIZIO AND ALL HD, IT IS WORTH IT.

WOW! You're really behind the rest of society.

sixdolla

quality posts: 24 Private Messages sixdolla

This tv would be good to watch some of them ninja training videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j1-xQA_ufE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

casey00001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages casey00001
markmc27 wrote:8 watts a speaker seems like its right on the whisper line. I have 10 watt an often have my speakers at 84%. Just saying you might need some xtra speakers. Also TV's are dropping like a stone. I just saw Costco had 60 inch 120 mghz for $789. Remember the big cost is you are going to probably have to pay $7-$15 extra for a HD box at your house. Your regular DVR from Satellite will not work. Just call Direct TV etc and ask. I was pissed when I learned the answer. BUT I TOTALLY LOVE MY 42 VIZIO AND ALL HD, IT IS WORTH IT.

Mark:
Hate to break it to you but Satellite Transmission is not really high definition. Direct and Dish compress their signals because they have so many garbage channels so you are not watching true HD. If you want true HD just get a forty to sixty dollar OTA (over the air) digital antenna. Its free and the signal is True HD. Unless you live too far from a transmission tower. HD from Direct or Dish is a scam.

rdlf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdlf
sellbuyer92 wrote:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/RCA+-+46%26%2334%3B+Class+(46%26%2334%3B+Diag.)+-+LCD+-+1080p+-+60Hz+-+HDTV/5594661.p;jsessionid=EE1A7B8DF164515D659E9FFF324C6DC9.bbolsp-app05-40?id=1218668292727&skuId=5594661&st=RCA%201080p%2046%20inch&cp=1&lp=1#tab=reviews

Here's the reviews from bestbuy.com

[MOD: Not sure of the difference but that's the 46LB45RQ. We're selling the 46LA45RQ.]

"ReIntegration" on page 7 there gives some details on the difference and his experience with the one being sold here today.

What's great about it: Picture, sound and easy to set up.
What's not so great: It loves finger prints.
I got this T.V. as a replacement from On Corp. The previous model I had was the 46-inch RCA 46LA45RQ. Which is basically the older version of this one. That T.V. lasted only 5 months of light use. Turned out it was a known issue on the 46LA models for the panels to go bad in only 5-6 months. After I called On Corp. They sent out third party service technician (A&E) to look at the T.V. Guy told me panel went. He ordered a replacement panel. Waited two weeks for the A&E guy to come back with the new panel. After he installed the replacement panel. Turned out that panel too was damaged. Prehaps from shipping? Anyway, he told me they were gonna order yet another panel and wait another 12 days or so for him to come back again! A&E guy calls me back an hour after he left and told me "On Corp" is just gonna replace the whole T.V. I should hear call from them in 5-7 business days. Waited 2 more weeks and no call from On Corp. regarding replacement. I called On Corp. myself and got some one the first. They told me they call me back. 3 days pass no call. I called them 5 more times with no answers. Finally wait one more day. Called them got someone and asked them again, rep told me I should get a call from Best Buy Corp. regarding newer T.V. They called SAME DAY! So I got this one...
This T.V. is a good factory replacement.

And as I said the other day when you were selling a couple RCA flat screens. All RCA's are made by the Chinese manufacturer TCL. They sell a lot under their own brand on Amazon.

tkryan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tkryan

We bought this TV for a friend for $450 last year and it's still going strong. The sound is loud enough, contrary to another reviewer's assertion, and the picture is actually pretty good for such a low dollar set.

I've watched a few programs on this TV and am satisfied with the result; Nothing remarkable, but nothing bad to note either.

At this price, it's a great deal, refurbished or not.

catfishblues

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catfishblues

Wattage does not necessarily equal volume. Come by sometime and I'll show you my T-amp setup. Pushing about 8wpc to a set of Boston Acoustics Sat Sub6 speakers. It will hurt you. And it sounds great. What holds back your average TV audio is the lack of decent speakers and space to build an enclosure around them. There's hardly a flat-panel on the market today that puts out "quality" sound from the TV speakers. Most people end up with at least a sound bar, if not an entire entertainment system.

Paddledog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Paddledog

The mount specs say "VESA Standard" but now which one?
Does anyone have the answer?
I need a swivel mount.

mrtuba9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrtuba9

Just went to the Pawn shop up the road (Monster Pawn). They had about 10 or so in or near this size class and smaller, all marked at $369, and all subject to local taxes.

Bought mine here :'D

60 woots, 102 items, 34x1, 7x2, 18x3 (3x3 ßÕÇ-now retired), 9 unique shirt.woot, 1 sellout.woot <--OUTDATED (except the martini ;')

claynpotter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages claynpotter

hmm. I follow one of the poster's link to Bestbuy and the price is $50 more. Is it worth to pay $50 for brand new? or save $50 and go with refurb...

tkryan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tkryan
claynpotter wrote:hmm. I follow one of the poster's link to Bestbuy and the price is $50 more. Is it worth to pay $50 for brand new? or save $50 and go with refurb...

Pony up the $50; You'll also get the ability to return it to Best Buy should it STB during warranty.

deebob84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deebob84
tkryan wrote:Pony up the $50; You'll also get the ability to return it to Best Buy should it STB during warranty.

Look at Walmart

tyleroverstreet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tyleroverstreet

I bought this TV on 01.22.13 and it still hasn't shipped. I'm used to Woot having stuff to me within 2 days. I hope when this one sells out, they all get shipped.

urslf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages urslf

Here is a question from a TV neanderthal :
Will this TV have a nice picture without a HD signal. We use the most basic TV service from charter and I I just don't know what went wrong. to upgrade since I will loose a historic grandfathered in no longer available rock bottom price.
Thanks beloved tech people :-)

Thewacokid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Thewacokid

This must be an awfully old set...it's heavy and uses a ton of power. "<300 Watts" is a joke when you can grab similarly-sized sets that use 1/3 of that power or less.

I really want to replace my old Westinghouse LVM42-W2 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889234002) that I use on my computer...but this just isn't it.

EDIT: On topic - I'm sure this has a nice picture (even with SD content, after all, it is just an LCD monitor at its core) but I was hoping for something with less power draw.

danofmanywords

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danofmanywords

Woot, it's killing me. I know there is some merit to being patient, but why you no ship already?

I'm really looking forward to burning hours and hours of my life away in front of this sweet TV, I'm just hoping it won't take a month to arrive.

rdl4672

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdl4672

It is a little tough to buy a big new TV a week before the Superbowl and then keep seeing "Awaiting Shipping" on the order status.

danofmanywords wrote:Woot, it's killing me. I know there is some merit to being patient, but why you no ship already?

I'm really looking forward to burning hours and hours of my life away in front of this sweet TV, I'm just hoping it won't take a month to arrive.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

rdl4672 wrote:It is a little tough to buy a big new TV a week before the Superbowl and then keep seeing "Awaiting Shipping" on the order status.

danofmanywords wrote:Woot, it's killing me. I know there is some merit to being patient, but why you no ship already?

Sorry for the late reply, most orders usually take up to 5 business days to ship (often times less). If you're concerned about the shipping status of your order, please check back tomorrow to see if it updates or email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

mrtuba9

rdl4672 wrote:It is a little tough to buy a big new TV a week before the Superbowl and then keep seeing "Awaiting Shipping" on the order status.

I concur. I have many woots under my belt, and it always seems to be the one you really want/need. Sometimes they ship before the status, and arrive before the tracking number. Here's to hoping!

60 woots, 102 items, 34x1, 7x2, 18x3 (3x3 ßÕÇ-now retired), 9 unique shirt.woot, 1 sellout.woot <--OUTDATED (except the martini ;')

danofmanywords

Yes, my good sir. Yes it is.

danofmanywords

mrtuba9 wrote:I concur. I have many woots under my belt, and it always seems to be the one you really want/need. Sometimes they ship before the status, and arrive before the tracking number. Here's to hoping!

I'll raise my half-full glass to that!

mrtuba9

danofmanywords wrote:I'll raise my half-full glass to that!

Looks like mine was half empty...no big 46" surprise on my stoop Friday or Saturday and still no tracking. :'(

van6921

quality posts: 0 Private Messages van6921

How about being straight lied to? I bought mine on 01/28/13.... A fairly patient person I emailed 01/31/13 to see if they had any idea when this would ship.

I was told that it hadn't shipped, they don't know when it will ship... copy pasted answer...

I emailed back the next morning 02/01/13 to say i wasn't comfortable not knowing when this would ship and I would like to cancel my order.

I received an email back stating that I couldn't cancel because the television had already shipped. I responded same day to ask why there was no tracking number if it had shipped...

Here we are 3 days later... still no tracking number. Does anyone know if there's a restocking or return shipping fee?? This customer service has been so horrible... I've waited 7 days to hear nothing... i could have paid 50 bucks more and picked this TV up same day from best buy.

I emailed today 3 hours ago to find out about a restock or reship fee - still no response. If i don't hear back by 12 my time I'm calling to dispute the charge.

Witty descriptions aside this is not the way to run a business.

and this is from someone who doesn't even watch football...

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
van6921 wrote:How about being straight lied to? I bought mine on 01/28/13.... A fairly patient person I emailed 01/31/13 to see if they had any idea when this would ship.

I was told that it hadn't shipped, they don't know when it will ship... copy pasted answer...

I emailed back the next morning 02/01/13 to say i wasn't comfortable not knowing when this would ship and I would like to cancel my order.

I received an email back stating that I couldn't cancel because the television had already shipped. I responded same day to ask why there was no tracking number if it had shipped...

Here we are 3 days later... still no tracking number. Does anyone know if there's a restocking or return shipping fee?? This customer service has been so horrible... I've waited 7 days to hear nothing... i could have paid 50 bucks more and picked this TV up same day from best buy.

I emailed today 3 hours ago to find out about a restock or reship fee - still no response. If i don't hear back by 12 my time I'm calling to dispute the charge.

Witty descriptions aside this is not the way to run a business.

and this is from someone who doesn't even watch football...

We've been told people can find the tracking data if they search the Fedex site using the order number as their reference number. I hope that helps!

I'm just hanging out, really.

van6921

inkycatz wrote:We've been told people can find the tracking data if they search the Fedex site using the order number as their reference number. I hope that helps!

Oh yeah - that's way more helpful than you just emailing me the tracking number as your site says you would. Never buying woot again

van6921

inkycatz wrote:We've been told people can find the tracking data if they search the Fedex site using the order number as their reference number. I hope that helps!

Is there a restocking fee or return shipping fee? I don't even want this out of principle at this point

van6921

van6921 wrote:Oh yeah - that's way more helpful than you just emailing me the tracking number as your site says you would. Never buying woot again

I don't even know why i tried that... no record of this order on fed ex either... pull the other one

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
van6921 wrote:Is there a restocking fee or return shipping fee? I don't even want this out of principle at this point

You would really need to discuss this sort of thing with support@woot.com, sorry I can't be more help there.

I'm just hanging out, really.

van6921

inkycatz wrote:You would really need to discuss this sort of thing with support@woot.com, sorry I can't be more help there.

I tried that... No one has responded since I emailed 3 + hours ago. You can't, in a public forum, state that there is a Restocking or shipping return fee or not??? This place seems damn shady at this point

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

van6921 wrote:I tried that... No one has responded since I emailed 3 + hours ago. You can't, in a public forum, state that there is a Restocking or shipping return fee or not??? This place seems damn shady at this point

Hey Van, sorry for the problems. As you can imagine, Monday mornings are hectic in Customer Service as they play catch up with their email. We generally ask that you allow one to two business days for a response.

We've been told the items have shipped but we haven't received the tracking from the vendor. We're getting in touch with them to resolve that and will up load it as soon as we get it.

In the meantime, you can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

Looking at your info, it looks like it was picked up on Saturday and will be to you on Thursday.

Hope that helps and again, apologies for the frustration.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

van6921

ThunderThighs wrote:Hey Van, sorry for the problems. As you can imagine, Monday mornings are hectic in Customer Service as they play catch up with their email. We generally ask that you allow one to two business days for a response.

We've been told the items have shipped but we haven't received the tracking from the vendor. We're getting in touch with them to resolve that and will up load it as soon as we get it.

In the meantime, you can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

Thanks... but is there a restocking or return shipping fee was my question

van6921

ThunderThighs wrote:Hey Van, sorry for the problems. As you can imagine, Monday mornings are hectic in Customer Service as they play catch up with their email. We generally ask that you allow one to two business days for a response.

Looking at your info, it looks like it was picked up on Saturday and will be to you on Thursday.

Also this shows it was mailed about 12 hours after i requested cancellation.... any excuses for that one or does some one want to pony up to lying yet?

ThunderThighs

Staff

van6921 wrote:Thanks... but is there a restocking or return shipping fee was my question

We do not have a restocking fee. Refusing shipment would be your best alternative. Note that this returns via the slowest possible shipping for some reason and your money isn't refunded until it's back in our hands and processed.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

van6921 wrote:Also this shows it was mailed about 12 hours after i requested cancellation.... any excuses for that one or does some one want to pony up to lying yet?

We don't work weekends.

FORUM MODERATOR

van6921

ThunderThighs wrote:We don't work weekends.

I get that... I'm starting to wonder if you work during the week either.

I was actually referring to how I requested cancellation at 9:20 Am on Friday 02/01/13 yet Fed ex says you didn't ship until 5:51 PM on the same date... I could have cancelled my order... avoided refusing shipment and not had to deal with your mickey mouse we may refund your money policy...

ThunderThighs

Staff

van6921 wrote:I get that... I'm starting to wonder if you work during the week either.

I was actually referring to how I requested cancellation at 9:20 Am on Friday 02/01/13 yet Fed ex says you didn't ship until 5:51 PM on the same date... I could have cancelled my order... avoided refusing shipment and not had to deal with your mickey mouse we may refund your money policy...

Customer service has replied to your email. Please check your spam folder if you don't find it.

FORUM MODERATOR