Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2734 Private Messages lichme

Price drop alert: It was $10 more on the Last offering

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3290 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

quality seems to be an issue over at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XAN4QA/ref=twister_B004XAN4Z6?ie=UTF8&psc=1

geo8rge

quality posts: 33 Private Messages geo8rge

Polyester bedding!!!!!!

(Overall signature size was getting large. Recommended signature size is 5k.)

trunkwontopen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages trunkwontopen

MSU fans rejoice?

Here before the WootBot was.

Soapie0

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Soapie0

I knew they couldn't come up with 30 actual pieces. If they had stopped at the first 15 pieces and lowered the price it would be worth it, but I'm not paying for the all the junk at the end that I'm going to throw away. Bed risers? Really? Who needs a bed riser AND a mattress protector? Probably someone who's already got one in the nursing home where they live!

Misty Walker

nss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nss

I got one of these- the green and ivory color. Can't say I liked it.
I really didn't like the feel of the sheets, and the towels pill pretty bad... they leave green lint over everything you own.

"It is not the SPOON you wish to bend... it is the WILL of the spoon." - Derek "Stormy" Waters

catherinemcclarey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages catherinemcclarey

I've been following this particular item when it's shown up in past Woots (and at full price elsewhere online) and, as the price keeps dropping, it gets more & more tempting, even with the quality issues. I'm birthday shopping for my college-bound daughter, and at $50, this has a lot of potential. An uber-cheap "dorm in a box" for the price of a cheap "bed in a bag" set? I should at least show this to my daughter to see if she's interested.
Perhaps by getting it now, she could test the bedding at home, and decide if it's good enough to take to college with her in the fall. ;)

lvl99link

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lvl99link
catherinemcclarey wrote:I've been following this particular item when it's shown up in past Woots (and at full price elsewhere online) and, as the price keeps dropping, it gets more & more tempting, even with the quality issues. I'm birthday shopping for my college-bound daughter, and at $50, this has a lot of potential. An uber-cheap "dorm in a box" for the price of a cheap "bed in a bag" set? I should at least show this to my daughter to see if she's interested.
Perhaps by getting it now, she could test the bedding at home, and decide if it's good enough to take to college with her in the fall. ;)

Being a mother kind of allows you to go to the dorm as well and force her to set it up. Have her get the zebra ones too!

mrsque

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrsque

if it weren't for the quality issues, I'd think this would be a great purchase for someone with college-bound kids...personally, I would spend a few extra dollars and get my daughter a higher quality item but the college she's going to has full-sized beds in the dorm. you still wouldn't want to spend $50 on junk that your kid wouldn't be happy with, in my opinion. you'll go to visit and wonder why they're never using that set you bought for them.

*I* have FIVE Quality Posts! no, seriously...how did that happen?!

scholarlyish

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scholarlyish

As the mother of a college freshman, I wish I had seen this deal last year, inferior quality or not. Except for the risers and that weird bedside organizer, I had to buy her every single one of these things for sale today.

And spent a heckuva lot more than $50. For a kid in college, I am not exactly concerned with high end stuff as I have seen how it gets treated. Comforters get wrapped around them and then they proceed to walk down the hallway, outside, in the rec room, with it dragging on the floor around them.

Items get food on them, lost, traded with other dorm mates and occasionally puked on.

Or maybe it is just my kid...

knittinchick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knittinchick
Soapie0 wrote:I knew they couldn't come up with 30 actual pieces. If they had stopped at the first 15 pieces and lowered the price it would be worth it, but I'm not paying for the all the junk at the end that I'm going to throw away. Bed risers? Really? Who needs a bed riser AND a mattress protector? Probably someone who's already got one in the nursing home where they live!

Well, bed risers give some extra space under the bed for storage if they're not allowed loft beds... And mattress covers are to keep what's on the mattress off the kid (bed bugs, dust mites, other yuck)... Plus it's really hard to find a XL twin mattress cover, at least in my area. I'd be more concerned about the stuff holding up under the strains of dorm life - noting the other comments about towels shedding, etc.