WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Air Mattresspassing

Real mattresses are great, but you can't fit a real mattress into a little box and put it on the shelf in your closet for the next time your family comes to visit. Why? Because mattresses have springs in them, and springs take up space. That's why, if you want a mattress that you can stow, you need one that you can fill with pure, concentrated nothing: air.

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I got to sleep on an air mattress last week for a few days at my niece's place. Pretty comfy actually. Would have liked one of those double-high ones though. It wasn't pretty watching me get out of that thing.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa

Well... it's now obvious Amazon has now FULLY taken over woot! ALL prices are higher! I bought these 2 weeks ago for 60$ and now 80! Headsets that were 3.00 are now 6.00! EVERYTHING has been increased, and that's exactly what I figured Amazon would do! They should have left it alone, as these new prices are too high! Not worth it anymore...

JohnnyR2312

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JohnnyR2312

Insta-Bed Queen is cheaper. Picked that up in September for $80 . Solid air mattress though.

asaphz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages asaphz

Amazon lists an item with the same model number (822547) as "Wenzel Insta-Bed Queen Raised Sure Grip Bottom with Built-in Pump". In Amazon's listing we find this warning:

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

What The Hay? Woot? Are you now selling stuff Amazon won't touch?

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3
ThunderThighs wrote:I got to sleep on an air mattress last week for a few days at my niece's place. Pretty comfy actually. Would have liked one of those double-high ones though. It wasn't pretty watching me get out of that thing.

Haha! I actually prefer sleeping on the flatter ones. They may seem fancier, but when I slept on a double-high one it was like sleeping on a trampoline. If someone else is sleeping with you on it, you won't be able to stay asleep... And you may or may not end up punching them out of frustration.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU
ThunderThighs wrote:I got to sleep on an air mattress last week for a few days at my niece's place. Pretty comfy actually. Would have liked one of those double-high ones though. It wasn't pretty watching me get out of that thing.

What do you mean? You're always pretty.
It may be that you're doing this all wrong:

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

whatsamattaU wrote:What do you mean? You're always pretty.
It may be that you're doing this all wrong:

See! That's why I need a double-high one! Mine was a single height and I looked like one of those fat lady yard ornaments.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB

The Insta-Bed Queen has done well by us. I added a padded mattress topper to prevent the dreaded cold air bed syndrome. It had a strong plastic odor at first, but we left it aired up for a couple of weeks and it died down to be barely noticeable. We used it a lot during Christmas and will make use of it again when my sister has her baby in the next week or so.

CelticHarp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CelticHarp

I bought one from woot last time because my husband has been in and out of the hospital and we needed something that would allow the head to rise when he wasn't using a hospital bed and staying at a hotel near the hospital. Unfortunately, I only have internet access via my phone and I can't seem to access service to let them know that the inflator only sporadicly works. Don't know if it's the plug or the unit malfunctioning but am afraid to use it as it may be a hazard if it is a short in the plug. It's a shame because we really needed this kind of item for the duration of his treatment.

Patsycar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Patsycar
JRRB wrote:?..I added a padded mattress topper to prevent the dreaded cold air bed syndrome....

THAT WAS SO SMART! When I slept on one of these at my son's, I often woke up cold. So I kept the hair dryer nearby and blasted it under the sheets to get instant warmth. - (but, alas it didn't last long).

margerym

quality posts: 0 Private Messages margerym

Ok, here's the biggie that nobody can answer.
Why don't they ever sell king sized air mattresses? What is the big deal? I don't get it.
They are as hard to find as hen's teeth!!

chrisfromiowa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chrisfromiowa

These tall ones replace a traditional mattress and box springs set pretty well. We were able to use the same sheets and comforters with them. The flat ones are good for a once in a while sleep but this is what you want to replace a mattress. Much cheaper than one of those sleep number things. My wife and I prefer this format to the sleep number types, they use two separate air bladders and have a wall in between, kind of like bucket seats in a car. Makes it hard to cuddle. Also these have a kind of a guarantee you can use once or twice. Some of the rock bottom prices dont have this.

Iowa, come for the corn, stay for the dead zone creating topsoil, silt, and nitrogen runoff.
The generic avatar kind of looks like me already. Except my knife is bigger, well not longer but thicker. A lot thicker really.

Dadoboy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Dadoboy
margerym wrote:Ok, here's the biggie that nobody can answer.
Why don't they ever sell king sized air mattresses? What is the big deal? I don't get it.
They are as hard to find as hen's teeth!!

Well, here is the one that I use
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006JH1INQ/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00
its 2 twins, a double twin, or a king. Works great.