WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: In the dystopian future, a young girl begs for your help. She’s the key to humanity’s salvation, but she needs you to help her reach her destination.
  • 46.6% - Of course I’ll help her. Humanity depends on it! 768
  • 26.1% - Eh, I guess. I don’t have anything else going on. 430
  • 2.8% - I don’t really like my odds. I think I’ll stick to eking out a miserable existence in dystopia. 46
  • 24.5% - I probably already died in whatever caused the dystopia. 403
1647 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

v3xed


quality posts: 1 Private Messages v3xed

Chose help the girl, but wanted to also select "dont like my odds"

The hero helping the girl always gets killed at the very end (martyred to the cause)

MISRy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

What's in it for *me*?

taz3781


quality posts: 0 Private Messages taz3781

Game: Desperia / Chaos on Desperia

Fun & humorous point/click adventure puzzler. Available on Steam. ;)

RWoodward


quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

I'm a firm believer that most "heroes" are simply people who were in the wrong place at the wrong time and managed to avoid panicking. What are your choices?

1. Pull girl out of path of bus.
2. Freeze, or scream and wave your arms over your head in panic as bus hits girl.
3. Dispassionately watch bus hit girl.
4. Rejoice in your luck as you enjoy watching bus hit girl.
5. Push girl in front of bus.

The majority of people will say they would do 1, but in reality would do 2. The few who actually keep their heads long enough to do 1, we call heroes. Three, four, and five we call deranged.

Historically, I've been one of those who didn't freak out and did the obviously right thing. And I'm no hero. I just don't tend to panic.

shygote


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shygote

Define "young". This is important to making my decision.

stella54


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stella54
shygote wrote:Define "young". This is important to making my decision.



Tsk tsk tsk

therubberdvck


quality posts: 0 Private Messages therubberdvck

Is she hot?

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
RWoodward wrote:I'm a firm believer that most "heroes" are simply people who were in the wrong place at the wrong time and managed to avoid panicking. What are your choices?

1. Pull girl out of path of bus.
2. Freeze, or scream and wave your arms over your head in panic as bus hits girl.
3. Dispassionately watch bus hit girl.
4. Rejoice in your luck as you enjoy watching bus hit girl.
5. Push girl in front of bus.

The majority of people will say they would do 1, but in reality would do 2. The few who actually keep their heads long enough to do 1, we call heroes. Three, four, and five we call deranged.

Historically, I've been one of those who didn't freak out and did the obviously right thing. And I'm no hero. I just don't tend to panic.



Will you be my neighbor? Please?

ambergreen


quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

I always die in these darned choose your own adventures.

Swiftwind2000


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Swiftwind2000

is she hot?

yes - then i help.
no - sorry, better luck next time.

lizardhart


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizardhart
Swiftwind2000 wrote:is she hot?

yes - then i help.
no - sorry, better luck next time.



are YOU hot? and it's not an automatic yes just bc she asked for help.

nyjfootball


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyjfootball

I'll stay home and just watch the movie.

Good synopsis of "Children of Men".

Moueska


quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
ambergreen wrote:I always die in these darned choose your own adventures.



Me Too!

btpaschke


quality posts: 0 Private Messages btpaschke
RWoodward wrote:I'm a firm believer that most "heroes" are simply people who were in the wrong place at the wrong time and managed to avoid panicking. What are your choices?

1. Pull girl out of path of bus.
2. Freeze, or scream and wave your arms over your head in panic as bus hits girl.
3. Dispassionately watch bus hit girl.
4. Rejoice in your luck as you enjoy watching bus hit girl.
5. Push girl in front of bus.

The majority of people will say they would do 1, but in reality would do 2. The few who actually keep their heads long enough to do 1, we call heroes. Three, four, and five we call deranged.

Historically, I've been one of those who didn't freak out and did the obviously right thing. And I'm no hero. I just don't tend to panic.



I liked this so much I "borrowed" it for my facebook wall. Hope you don't mind.

RWoodward


quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
btpaschke wrote:I liked this so much I "borrowed" it for my facebook wall. Hope you don't mind.



Be my guest, thanks.