quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Best Four Corners state:
  • 56% - Colorado 701
  • 9.8% - Utah 123
  • 12.1% - New Mexico 152
  • 22% - Arizona 276
1252 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

ceagee

quality posts: 65 Private Messages ceagee

Aliens seem to prefer NM.

Junrin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Junrin

Colorado is still a four-corner state without being apart of the Four Corners.

klstrader

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klstrader

I think we all know why everyone seems to prefer Colorado...

Majestic mountain views, of course.

swantner

quality posts: 2 Private Messages swantner

Only one has green chile.

bblhed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages bblhed

I didn't pick it, but lets face it, you can smoke dope in Colorado.

i picked AZ because I dated a girl there once and it was wonderful!

Then again, Walter White does live in NM.

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

People are only voting for Colorado because of the marijuana.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

I have family in Colorado (Boulder) but none in the others.

smoo93

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smoo93

New Mexico definitely doesn't get enough cred. What a beautiful state!

janse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janse

I would have gone with CO until I learned that "pit bulls" are illegal in Denver, and they have murdered over 4000 innocent pets.

lewd98

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lewd98

NM is the best. Perfect weather, delicious food, low cost of living, and Breaking Bad.

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

Utah. 15 minutes from my house is Sundance ski resort. Another 30-60 minutes puts me at another 4 or more resorts. That and the 5 national parks we have (Zions, Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef).

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya

I live in Utah but would never choose Utah! I live here only because this is where my parents are (and we just moved back after a decade away). But I chose Colorado. LOL, until I read the comments, I had no idea about the marijuana status! I just thought it was the prettiest state of the ones listed.

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

Had to go with Colorado. My sister and her family live there and a cousin and his family live there. Beautiful state and one I would actually consider moving to.
My brother's wife is from Arizona and I visited there twice, but I can't see why anyone would want to live there.
I've driven through New Mexico and it seemed just like Arizona only with a lot less people.
I've never been to Utah, but I hear its full of Mormons.

mdillard9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdillard9

I've lived in New Mexico pretty much my whole life. Colorado is nice to visit, but New Mexico is home.

1ezmonkey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages 1ezmonkey

Grand canyon and trinity test site!! Whats not to like?

I think I'm getting into Heaven.
WOOT = 130 items
SHIRT.WOOT = 72 shirts
WINE.WOOT = 1 item (can't ship wine to Pa.)
SELLOUT.WOOT = 30 items
KIDS.WOOT = 18 items

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
Junrin wrote:Colorado is still a four-corner state without being apart of the Four Corners.

If you don't think Colorado is one of the Four Corners states, what four states do you think are?

If you are talking about places within an hour or two of the Four Corners, then Colorado wins because of Mesa Verde, and Arizona comes in second because of Monument Valley.

All four of the states have fun places to visit.

I set my own personal land speed record (with me driving) in Utah (and not at Bonneville) (with someone else driving was with a total nut in Berlin).

The stupidest drive I've ever made was in Colorado. I drove to the top of Pike's Peak after it had been raining. Ten feet of visibility from about halfway up, and the only way I knew where the edge was is that the fog was lighter over there. Other cars came down in the middle of the road, but I couldn't see their headlights until they were about fifteen feet away. When I got to the top they told us the road was closed, and we went down in a caravan behind a park ranger.

One of the prettiest drives I've taken was in Colorado from Durango to Silverton, and I still got to Silverton for breakfast before the train rolled in.

Another terrific drive is along the Vermilion Cliffs east of the North Rim toward Page in Arizona. That one I've done twice.

I guess I'm leaning toward Colorado, because I also drove the old road across the top of Rocky Mountains National Park. It is one lane, one way, and not in very good shape.

In New Mexico I visited a friend in Zuni and she took me to the mission that was being remodeled. We met the guy who was painting the murals inside. I think he was the son of the man who started it. His son was maybe two and hiding behind his leg. That was incredible.

Oh, and I first performed my Continental Divide ritual in Colorado.

In Arizona I went down in a Titan missle silo. And I saw the Thing?

In New Mexico I saw a lot of bats and a UFO museum. And I've spent the night in Tucumcari several times.

I guess I like all those states.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Utah? Far Right Wing Mormon zealots. Boring.
Arizona? Far Right Wing Christian zealots. Hostile.
Colorado? Far Left Wing Hollywood transplant snobs. Annoying.
New Mexico? Has a very interesting flag. And crashed aliens. Winner.