vcholman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vcholman
everett0123 wrote:If you upgrade past 4.0 FLASH will not work!!! It say's not available in
your country??? when u try to download it, even if it is already on your device! No support 4 Android beyond 4.0. So no Netflix!!!. I am in
the USA! I had a Le Pan S tablet from
HSN it went back it seemed nice 4 $269.00. It died just before It went back. I got it for movie viewing mostly.

If you install the firefox browser and side load the flash app (google how to) you can still use sites with flash running Jellybean.

vcholman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vcholman
sarangshah wrote:On the product page for this item - it says "Authorized for SquareTrade Extended Warranty".

How does one go about purchasing the SquareTrade Warranty for this item? Since I couldnt find a way to add the squaretrade warranty during checkout, I thought we would purchase the item from woot and then the warranty separately from SquareTrade but when I called SquareTrade they said they dont sell warranties for Refurbished items on their website or over the phone and would have to be purchased from the seller (woot, in this case).

Would appreciate any input.
Thank you!

If you click on the items description or the continue reading link it takes you to a page with more information about the item. At the bottom of this page on the right hand side is a square trade warranty logo, click on it and you can buy the warranty there.

csparkle33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages csparkle33
pmcm wrote:You can get a keyboard dock for about any tablet so I guess they're all transformers by your definition. Asus sold them by saying 'It's a tablet, it's a desktop, it's both. The Asus Transformer is a dual-function PC that switches from tablet to desktop and back again'. So your point is ridiculous.

Nothing worse than someone who won't admit they just aren't right. I see enough people have explained it to you so I will assume you understand by this point. If not I will be here all day for any clarification.

Chillax. Eat some fruit. Take a dump. You'll feel better. I promise.

riggs42

quality posts: 2 Private Messages riggs42

Anyone found a really nice case for this tablet (TF300) or the TF700? Looking for one that includes the dock/keyboard. I have one from newegg but it is insanely cheap quality and am disappointed in it. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA07R0FD0659

Absolutely love the Asus style tablets though. This is a total win at this price.

pjr175

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjr175
pinfar wrote:Doesn't this look like the better deal? It's new vs refurb for $20 more + about $10 shipping vs Woot $5 shipping. Am I missing something?

Yes, they also charge tax with this purchase...I took it all the way through checkout and they had added a $28 tax charge to the final purchase price, I think tax amount charged is based on your local zipcode.

lindyp330

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lindyp330

This transoformer forum has been very helpful since I purchased my much-loved ASUS tablet from WOOT in November. Become a member and learn from the other users. http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/transformer-pad-300-forum-tf300/

triplebud

quality posts: 2 Private Messages triplebud

Best tablet, period. Updates on the regular. you can do/run just about everything on stock rom. I've had mine for quite a long time. A few months without the dock and loved it. Just got the dock for xmas and now I'm IN love with it. I use a PS3 controller that now auto syncs because of the usb port on the dock (no rooting). Games that i didn't really enjoy before are now better than some xbox and ps3 games. This plays more things and better than the newest ASUS tablet because no one is coding/creating games for the HD screen. Things (like NBA Jam) work on this model only. Buy it and never look back...

pinfar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinfar
pjr175 wrote:Yes, they also charge tax with this purchase...I took it all the way through checkout and they had added a $28 tax charge to the final purchase price, I think tax amount charged is based on your local zipcode.

Thank you for the reply. I live in a Woot tax state (Texas) so that's a wash for me. I thought Amazon/Woot charged sales tax in all states now.

geocraig77

quality posts: 2 Private Messages geocraig77

Was thinking of getting a Kindle Fire 8.9". Plan on using mostly for reading and movies, but the keyboard option is nice for work. Would like the better resolution of the screen, though. I use Amazon often and would likely get the Amazon Prime membership. Any thoughts?

topdog11ttc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages topdog11ttc
pinfar wrote:Doesn't this look like the better deal? It's new vs refurb for $20 more + about $10 shipping vs Woot $5 shipping. Am I missing something?

Or you can get it from OfficeMax for $299 too and do in store pickup

http://www.officemax.com/technology/computers/tablets/product-prod3980012

jrhelou12345

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrhelou12345
riggs42 wrote:Anyone found a really nice case for this tablet (TF300) or the TF700? Looking for one that includes the dock/keyboard. I have one from newegg but it is insanely cheap quality and am disappointed in it. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA07R0FD0659

Absolutely love the Asus style tablets though. This is a total win at this price.

Check out this one, bought it about a week ago. It's a quality case that holds both the tablet and dock.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00832SKWM/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

fede82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fede82
ugrasse2 wrote:Had it, rooted it, used it for a while. IMHO, the dock is a gimmick. The keyboard is not full sized, so touch typing is out; it also takes 5-8 seconds to "wake up" which means it will miss the first digit or two of your pin. Lastly, the dock is very light, so the thing keeps falling over on the tablet's back. And yes, this is the worst fingerprint magnet of any of the dozen+ devices I've owned or own.

On the plus side: Jelly Bean is available from Asus, at least for the retail version. (This one is refurbished and might take a little tweaking)

Got one from Woot about 2 months ago refurb w/dock. I must say I disagree with you. The keyboard is not 100% laptop size but a reasonable size for me at least, much-much better than previous netbook keyboards (eg Asus eee900) which were impossible to type with, I can touch type easily.
In my experience having a second "smart" battery that charges the main battery in the tablet is a hit and so is the USB port (I tried it with pen drives and external HDDs, works great). So I wouldn´t consider it a gimmick.

I agree, though, that being the dock much lighter than the tablet it does fall on its back if you open the screen in an angle of much more than 90 degrees.

I don`t know about entering the pin because I don´t use a lock screen, but in regular use I have not had anything like 5-8 seconds "wake up" delay you talk about, it starts typing as soon as I press the keys.
Maybe there`s something bad with your unit?

Mine was refurbished too and I got the OTA update to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 as soon as I turned it on the first time, so I guess there`s no differences between refurb vs retail in the updates area. No tweaking or rooting needed.

Finally, yes, the screen is a HUGE fingerprint magnet. Plus it wouldn´t hurt if it were a tad brighter.

All in all I do recommend the tablet and I think the keyboard dock is a great addition.

killertomato187

quality posts: 0 Private Messages killertomato187

Someone please advise me on whether I should get this or the Galaxy 2 10.1

I have been going back and forth for a month now. I love my Galaxy phone and therefore I thought the ease of use would be better with the Galaxy.

I'm very much open to input. Thanks

blackcentury

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blackcentury

I also got one here on Thanksgiving (32 GB, refurb, keyboard dock) and I'm blown away by it. I'm generally into rooting and playing around with different ROMs, but I haven't felt the need to with this one -- the stock OS is pretty great. There's a small amount of bloat, but be sure and keep the Asus MyCloud as you get 8GB of free storage and can back up apps to it as well as photos.

It's slim, sexy, and fast. The battery life is tremendous.

xapdos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xapdos

The gamestop deal is sold out.

colmancahn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colmancahn

Given that the "open box" Best Buy deal (mentioned up-thread) is effectively sold out, any recommendations as to where to get a good deal on the keyboard?
Does Woot ever offer them separately?

sarangshah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarangshah
vcholman wrote:If you click on the items description or the continue reading link it takes you to a page with more information about the item. At the bottom of this page on the right hand side is a square trade warranty logo, click on it and you can buy the warranty there.

Thanks for the reply. I could have sworn I didnt see it on that page just before I posted but glad that its atleast there now. When I click on that, it takes me to Squaretrade's page which has the information filled out incl price the item is selling for at woot. However, when I click on the continue button, it takes me to a page that says "Loading your warranty" but then takes me right back to the (Squaretrade) page that loaded through woot's link. Called Squaretrade about this and they keep insisting that its a problem on woot's end and someone on woot's technical team needs to look at and fix the link and that squaretrade cannot help with it. Go figure!

Anyway - thanks for your help/input.

mossygreen

quality posts: 70 Private Messages mossygreen
geocraig77 wrote:Was thinking of getting a Kindle Fire 8.9". Plan on using mostly for reading and movies, but the keyboard option is nice for work. Would like the better resolution of the screen, though. I use Amazon often and would likely get the Amazon Prime membership. Any thoughts?

I think amazon has their prime instant videos tied up to only work on kindles? So if that's your plan, stick to a kindle; any other video streaming service should be fine with this.

flameout

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flameout

After reading all of these comments, I think I may just have to buy this tablet. I'll probably get if from Office Max though. Now that Woot is collecting sales tax, it makes a big difference. Buying from OM might be $20 more (for new vs referb) but I'll get 5% back using my Upromise card, so really only $5 more for a new unit (and it also gives me the option to return if something goes wrong)

ericire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericire

I got a first gen one. lasted about 3-4 months before the wi-fi antenna died. still works but can't do any online or updates. like the mini hdmi out, to hook to the tv. touch screen wasn't super responsive and processor seems slow. wouldn't buy another one but not a bad deal, just not great either in my experience.

damorere

quality posts: 9 Private Messages damorere
everett0123 wrote:If you upgrade past 4.0 FLASH will not work!!! It say's not available in
your country??? when u try to download it, even if it is already on your device! No support 4 Android beyond 4.0. So no Netflix!!!. I am in
HSN it went back it seemed nice 4 $269.00. It died just before It went back. I got it for movie viewing mostly.

I have Jelly Bean running on it with flash. Go to http://blogs.computerworld.com/application-security/21377/updating-flash-player-android-now-requires-hack to find out how to load it or just go to the Adobe Flash Player archive http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html to download it and install it.

jet314

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jet314

Well it seems Best Buy is virtually out of the keyboard at $50. Closest to my house for pickup is 90+ miles away. (I wonder if they'd take a phone order with credit card). Most other places seem to be about $100. But I guess I could get that later. I didn't jump on this the last time with the keyboard, so now...I'm pondering.

koyaanisqatsi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koyaanisqatsi
mossygreen wrote:Oh nice, I just got mine last week and love it. Before people start complaining about the lack of dock, someone this morning during the wootoff found this one for $50.

If you can't get the black dock in your area for $50, the blue and red ones are on sale for $75 and most stores have those colors in stock. It's not $50, but still the cheapest I've seen for new.

spikedknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages spikedknight

Anyone w/ first hand comparison between the A500 and this? My A500 is fine and fun, but trying to get the 2nd half a tab she'll enjoy.
The dock/battery life of this is a plus, obviously newer hardware, but is the Asus software solid? I've rooted and tinker w/ mine, but she just wants it to work, and be reliable enough while at work in the hospital for notes and research.

profile V 2.0

laxman12786

quality posts: 1 Private Messages laxman12786

What color is this tablet? I have found it listed as blue or black with this same model number at other sites, but don't see it specified on this offer. Am I missing it somewhere?

geocraig77

quality posts: 2 Private Messages geocraig77
mossygreen wrote:I think amazon has their prime instant videos tied up to only work on kindles? So if that's your plan, stick to a kindle; any other video streaming service should be fine with this.

Thanks mossy. After reading the keypads for $50 were almost gone, I think I'll back off. Worse comes to worst, I'll pick up a better model down the line. I like the idea of the stronger screen and better resolution. Of course, its $100 more for the 32 GB and $80 for A-Prime...Booooooo...

Lockdoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lockdoc

This is no deal! You can buy them new at the same price with full warranty at Best Buy.

enclaved

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enclaved

Netflix app works great on 4.1+... this tablet is fantastic just about the only thing it can't do is Amazon Instant Video.
Flash is depreciated. Adobe has given up on it in the mobile space and you should probably move on.

damorere

vcholman wrote:If you install the firefox browser and side load the flash app (google how to) you can still use sites with flash running Jellybean.

The stock browser also works with the side loaded flash player, but Chrome does not (at least this is my experience).

damorere

enclaved wrote:Netflix app works great on 4.1+... this tablet is fantastic just about the only thing it can't do is Amazon Instant Video.
Flash is depreciated. Adobe has given up on it in the mobile space and you should probably move on.

Agreed. I don't see why anyone would use a browser to watch netflix when there is a great app available. On the other hand, many web sites still use flash (including my son's school website) so being able to get the player from the adobe archive is a big plus.

lhowson77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lhowson77
mossygreen wrote:I think amazon has their prime instant videos tied up to only work on kindles? So if that's your plan, stick to a kindle; any other video streaming service should be fine with this.

It's true that the amazon instant video app is only available for the Kindle fire (and ipad, I think). However, you can still use amazon instant video with Firefox and flash. Refer to this post earlier in this thread for how-to: http://sellout.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5323025

vagrant10

quality posts: 10 Private Messages vagrant10

I just took mine out of the box when I press the power button for more than a couple seconds, it should start up when plugged in shouldn't it? Or do I have to let it charge fully before it will turn on at all? I would like to know soon so I can decide to get another one before this deal expires...

TIA

damorere

vagrant10 wrote:I just took mine out of the box when I press the power button for more than a couple seconds, it should start up when plugged in shouldn't it? Or do I have to let it charge fully before it will turn on at all? I would like to know soon so I can decide to get another one before this deal expires...

TIA

You shouldn't need a full charge, but you probably need more than 10 or 15%. Give it half an hour and try again.

vagrant10

quality posts: 10 Private Messages vagrant10
damorere wrote:You shouldn't need a full charge, but you probably need more than 10 or 15%. Give it half an hour and try again.

you were right... it's working now and I've done some updates. mine has a couple little scratches on the back of the tablet, but otherwise looks good.

If anyone wants to look at the manual:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/TF300T/TF300T_MANUAL_en_20120423.pdf

willie92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willie92
Lockdoc wrote:This is no deal! You can buy them new at the same price with full warranty at Best Buy.

Link please.

When I go to BestBuy.com the cheapest this model is selling for is $350.

http://tinyurl.com/bhyzzy9

ahigee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahigee

walk into any Gamestop and ask to get it shipped to your house and it's free shipping. (1,000 stores in the company stock them in-store) Brand new with warranty, 7 free games, 2-year insurance available thru NEW, yes?
NEW 2 year Insurance is $79.99...not $99.99 like it is thru Squaretrade.

MichXelle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages MichXelle

ahigee wrote:Gamestop has it brand new with games for $299.99 till the 31st.

http://www.gamestop.com/android/tablets/asus-tf300t-10-in-32gb-blue/100250

You're rite on except if you already ordered, there is no $5 shipping. Heehee Teehee!

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

MichXelle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages MichXelle

Another $5 savings, sorry I left it off. Just saying................

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

ahigee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahigee
MichXelle wrote:ahigee wrote:Gamestop has it brand new with games for $299.99 till the 31st.

http://www.gamestop.com/android/tablets/asus-tf300t-10-in-32gb-blue/100250

You're rite on except if you already ordered, there is no $5 shipping. Heehee Teehee!

True, but see my above post.

ronfronberg

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ronfronberg

Flash is not supported either for 4.0. - ice cream sandwich.