4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3920 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

"very good" rating from cnet.

http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/asus-transformer-pad-tf300/4505-3126_7-35230242.html

mossygreen

quality posts: 75 Private Messages mossygreen

Oh nice, I just got mine last week and love it. Before people start complaining about the lack of dock, someone this morning during the wootoff found this one for $50.

iisaintii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iisaintii
mossygreen wrote:Oh nice, I just got mine last week and love it. Before people start complaining about the lack of dock, someone this morning during the wootoff found this one for $50.

And I would add that the dock I got with mine doesn't work, having to get it replaced...

nicholas10290

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nicholas10290

Got the 16gb refurb version a couple months ago from woot. Still awesome and running great! Highly recommend this if u want to get a tablet. I have the keyboard but honestly I hardly ever use it, and u can find it elsewhere like others have posted or just get a cheap Bluetooth keyboard. It's not worth passing up on this deal.

okeeffm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages okeeffm

I got this last week and really love it! It is nice to have the keyboard dock for the extra battery life it provides, and it acts as a case/protector for the tablet by closing like a clamshell and supporting it when watching video/vchat etc. Great buy! You will not regret it!

grantunderland

quality posts: 1 Private Messages grantunderland

I got this one last month on Woot, and picked up a new dock for $100 at Best Buy (needed it that weekend). I use it mostly to watch footage from my GoPro 3, and it handles flawlessly the 1920x1440 video at 60fps. With the dock, battery life will usually last all weekend unless I do a lot of game playing during downtime.

I have recommended this to many friends, and at this price will be emailing the link to a few of them!

a8le

quality posts: 1 Private Messages a8le

best buy is practically out of the $49 dock. and they are for pick up only. it really is a deal killer without the combined dock

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea

My Best Buy has an Open Box Dock. Discounted to $45.00 plus here is an additional 10% off coupon if your Best Buy happens to have it in the Open box Sale.

http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/82413919-041c-4b77-a59f-654cf551f3ec/coupon-10-off-open-box-items-at-best-buy

rockofthed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockofthed

A friend picked this up a month or so ago from woot. It's a decent tablet but don't expect to be able to do anything fun with it if you're into unlocking bootloaders and installing custom roms. (Yes, this would void the warranty) Asus actually released an application to assist in unlocking your bootloader for this device but it doesn't seem to work on these models. (only works on US models and these are US:SN models but have heard of multiple cases with the same issue).

Asus is offering an RMA solution to fix the issue (yes RMA so you can void your warranty oddly enough but it's a bit of a pain in my opinion.

Great device for anyone looking for a netbookish style android tablet. The keyboard dock is very solid. Wouldn't even know it clicks out if you didn't know to slide the button over.

Internal memory of this model also has some negative reviews as far as read/write speed goes but I didn't notice any major setbacks when running applications.

Despite the negative stance I personally take on this device it's rock solid as far as build quality goes and a great tablet for anyone who doesn't enjoy tinkering so much. I personally love my Nexus tablets for that reason.

EDIT: The screen collects finger prints like no device I've ever seen before. But has a beautiful picture.

mshedd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mshedd

I wanna buy three but can't seem to get the quantity to change

ahigee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahigee

Gamestop has it brand new with games for $299.99 till the 31st.

http://www.gamestop.com/android/tablets/asus-tf300t-10-in-32gb-blue/100250

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mshedd wrote:I wanna buy three but can't seem to get the quantity to change

You are limited to one for this sale.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

csparkle33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages csparkle33
mossygreen wrote:Oh nice, I just got mine last week and love it. Before people start complaining about the lack of dock, someone this morning during the wootoff found this one for $50.

Mossygreen you are my new best friend. I have been looking for a new dock for a good price and this link took me t0 the last available dock in my area. So saweet.

Chillax. Eat some fruit. Take a dump. You'll feel better. I promise.

eclein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eclein

I have one and mine is excellent. Highly recommend these!!!!

eclein

pmcm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pmcm

The reason it's called a transformer is it changes from a laptop to a tablet. If there's no keyboard/dock it's just a tablet. Period. Don't sell it with the 'transformer' name.

csparkle33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages csparkle33
pmcm wrote:The reason it's called a transformer is it changes from a laptop to a tablet. If there's no keyboard/dock it's just a tablet. Period. Don't sell it with the 'transformer' name.

Transformer means it can transform, not must. If there is no dock, there is always the option. So your whole point is ridiculous.

Chillax. Eat some fruit. Take a dump. You'll feel better. I promise.

pmcm

csparkle33 wrote:Transformer means it can transform, not must. If there is no dock, there is always the option. So your whole point is ridiculous.

You can get a keyboard dock for about any tablet so I guess they're all transformers by your definition. Asus sold them by saying 'It's a tablet, it's a desktop, it's both. The Asus Transformer is a dual-function PC that switches from tablet to desktop and back again'. So your point is ridiculous.

ugrasse2

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ugrasse2

Had it, rooted it, used it for a while. IMHO, the dock is a gimmick. The keyboard is not full sized, so touch typing is out; it also takes 5-8 seconds to "wake up" which means it will miss the first digit or two of your pin. Lastly, the dock is very light, so the thing keeps falling over on the tablet's back. And yes, this is the worst fingerprint magnet of any of the dozen+ devices I've owned or own.

On the plus side: Jelly Bean is available from Asus, at least for the retail version. (This one is refurbished and might take a little tweaking)

vcholman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vcholman

I got mine in December with the dock. I used it for the first month or so without using the dock very much. Now I am back in school and usually use it with the dock. After purchasing I did some research and discovered that on many forums they claim about a 5% rate of screens spontaneously cracking. So I highly recommend you get the square trade warranty.
LOVE this device (I also have a Toshiba Thrive and Nexus 7 and use this one most, wife has a Kindle Fire HD, I like the transformer better)

vcholman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vcholman
pmcm wrote:You can get a keyboard dock for about any tablet so I guess they're all transformers by your definition. Asus sold them by saying 'It's a tablet, it's a desktop, it's both. The Asus Transformer is a dual-function PC that switches from tablet to desktop and back again'. So your point is ridiculous.

Please do not insult the Android environment by referring to one of its members as a PC. LOL. I have a tablet with a bluetooth keyboard, and I have the transformer with the dock. They are not the same experience at all. Much prefer the clamshell design.

wdmcmahan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wdmcmahan

I bought this from Woot on Thanksgiving day. I love it. I stopped using my ipad2 all together. I did get the keyboard dock and highly recommend it as well.

damorere

quality posts: 9 Private Messages damorere

That looks great, but it is not available for shipping nor is it available at any of the 10 stores in my area. Maybe there is one in one store left in the US...

SorryIWooted

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SorryIWooted
pmcm wrote:You can get a keyboard dock for about any tablet so I guess they're all transformers by your definition. Asus sold them by saying 'It's a tablet, it's a desktop, it's both. The Asus Transformer is a dual-function PC that switches from tablet to desktop and back again'. So your point is ridiculous.

Not quite. The keyboard for the Transformer comes with an integrated trackpad. Most bluetooth keyboards are just keyboards.

damorere

quality posts: 9 Private Messages damorere

I got mine in the Thanksgiving woot and love it. I had to send the keyboard back to fix a glitch, but that was done without major issues and it works quite well now. I liked it enough that I bought one (with the keyboard) for my step daughter and am trying to find reasons to snatch up another one. I use it to keep up with email, browse, and other things when I am away from my computers. It is light enough to take anywhere. I bought this case from amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ZE257U/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 and it provides both protection and a little additional stability when using the keyboard. I got jellybean automatically and just this morning received an automatic system update, so at least for many of these the updates aren't an issue. If you need a good netbook-like tablet which can work as a good basic tablet, I would strongly recommend. If you want the conversion option, you can find the keyboard in many places. It is also a battery and can so really extend the life of your transformer for all day surfing.

bigmcfatty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigmcfatty

Bought my Fiance one of these and it's a great product. Has all the power of the Ipad2 along with the ability of the new Surface (Also expandable memory), all packed into one product for a low price. You may have not heard of Asus before, but anyone in the IT world can tell you that make a great product.

pmcm

vcholman wrote:Please do not insult the Android environment by referring to one of its members as a PC. LOL. I have a tablet with a bluetooth keyboard, and I have the transformer with the dock. They are not the same experience at all. Much prefer the clamshell design.

That was a quote by Asus in their advertising...not me.

Scootergptx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Scootergptx

Got the 16g version (refurb) from Tigerdirect for my wife for Christmas for $202. Like it so much got my mom one too. Price went up to $240 then. For the 32g model, I'd say it's a pretty good deal. Wish I hadn't spent all my money of getting them one now.

Finally, the quest for Babies on Cribs is over. Next quest, Babies on Cribs II.

Crombie

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Crombie

I have the ASUS TF701 with dock. I have never used the dock since I got it six months ago. Once you have an ASUS tablet, you will wonder how you lived without it.

jdcamp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jdcamp
wdmcmahan wrote:I love it. I stopped using my ipad2 all together.

This got a 20% Cooler? What is the standards these days.

beaker97

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beaker97

I purchased this one NEW from Best Buy over 6 months ago after my TF100 was damaged. I have been extremely happy with it and highly recommend it.

+++++++++++++++
Robert

sarangshah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarangshah

On the product page for this item - it says "Authorized for SquareTrade Extended Warranty".

How does one go about purchasing the SquareTrade Warranty for this item? Since I couldnt find a way to add the squaretrade warranty during checkout, I thought we would purchase the item from woot and then the warranty separately from SquareTrade but when I called SquareTrade they said they dont sell warranties for Refurbished items on their website or over the phone and would have to be purchased from the seller (woot, in this case).

Would appreciate any input.
Thank you!

willie92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willie92

In for 1! It's going to replace my 16Gb Galaxy Tab 10.1. The Tab has been good, but I need more than 16gb and a dual processor. Plus Tabs like mine are still selling for about $200 on eBay, so I can upgrade for less than $100. That's a win in my book!

a8le

quality posts: 1 Private Messages a8le
ugrasse2 wrote:Had it, rooted it, used it for a while. IMHO, the dock is a gimmick. The keyboard is not full sized, so touch typing is out; it also takes 5-8 seconds to "wake up" which means it will miss the first digit or two of your pin. Lastly, the dock is very light, so the thing keeps falling over on the tablet's back. And yes, this is the worst fingerprint magnet of any of the dozen+ devices I've owned or own.

On the plus side: Jelly Bean is available from Asus, at least for the retail version. (This one is refurbished and might take a little tweaking)

quality post! thanks

hjeli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hjeli

I bought this off Woot just a couple weeks ago when it was offered with the keyboard dock. So far I really like it, but weirdly, it shipped with a used, black Apple product charger cord in the box instead of the Asus charger cord it should have come with. Seriously. I've never had anything like that happen before. So basically, until I buy another charger I can't use it, as the Asus cord is proprietary and I don't have any others just laying around the house. I've emailed Woot a couple times with no response at all. Guess I should figure out how to contact Asus. Cruel joke guys. Sending an Apple charger with an Android device is just totally mean. However, my review stands. The tablet is awesome - click that buy button before they're gone and just hope the cord that comes with it is the right one.

Danny95333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Danny95333

Love this tablet. Only downside is that there is no USB port. I bought an adapter for it for only a few bucks though. This is not a very good price though. I bought it new from newegg a couple months back for the same price.

projectorsuperstore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages projectorsuperstore

I have the Transformer Prime and use it every day,. It retired my ipad and ipad2 (which went to my 2 yr. old), the Asus tablets work great for business, especially if you get the keyboard dock. When we traveled overseas I took it, instead of my laptop, and with DropBox, google Drive and all of the other cloud features out there I was still able to work almost as if I was in my office. / internet was a bit dodgy, but I blame that on 500 yr. old hotels.

impact9

quality posts: 3 Private Messages impact9

No Micro USB?

everett0123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everett0123

If you upgrade past 4.0 FLASH will not work!!! It say's not available in
your country??? when u try to download it, even if it is already on your device! No support 4 Android beyond 4.0. So no Netflix!!!. I am in
the USA! I had a Le Pan S tablet from
HSN it went back it seemed nice 4 $269.00. It died just before It went back. I got it for movie viewing mostly.

pinfar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinfar
ahigee wrote:Gamestop has it brand new with games for $299.99 till the 31st.

http://www.gamestop.com/android/tablets/asus-tf300t-10-in-32gb-blue/100250

Doesn't this look like the better deal? It's new vs refurb for $20 more + about $10 shipping vs Woot $5 shipping. Am I missing something?