3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3801 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

These are $27 at amazon and the customers LOVE them!

http://www.amazon.com/Furi-Rachael-Gusto-Basics-3-Knife/dp/B001NABGL8

skou

quality posts: 21 Private Messages skou

And, these are better than those durable CHEAP animal-print knives, how?

I've got a zebra-printed set, that I've been using for 6 months, and with rare tune-ups, they're still sharp. (And, I've got 2 more, back-up sets.)

steve

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Since the knives say "Rachel Ray" on them, when you cut your fingers with these do you treat it with EVOO?

vorik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vorik

are these full tang?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3801 Private Messages conanthelibrarian
vorik wrote:are these full tang?

according to knivesndaggers.com, these have "strong tang".

http://www.knivesndaggers.com/furi-rachael-ray-three-piece-fur890/

tczuba

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tczuba

I can confirm that these are indeed Tang® colored...not full, just the handle part. Maybe the leopard knife company will come out with an astronaut version for you that will be full tang colored though.

mamala53

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mamala53

Do these knives have her name on them anywhere? I really can't stand Rachel Ray and don't want her name on these knives if I buy them for my college student kids. Then again, maybe they will think of me and how much I hate her when they stab a pork chop which might be a good thing. May get me a quick phone call which isnt a request for money.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tczuba wrote:I can confirm that these are indeed Tang® colored...not full, just the handle part. Maybe the leopard knife company will come out with an astronaut version for you that will be full tang colored though.

Your post is full of win. Major win.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jha1223

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jha1223

They are decent knives. We have the set and got the diamond sharpener for them.

http://www.amazon.com/Rachael-Ray-Ozitech-Diamond-Sharpener/dp/B000GHWXKC

The knives themselves are sharp and the sharpener is pretty good as well. They are NOT very good at resisting acid (tomato, onion and the like.) That said, if you care for them, they are good knives. Good heft and they take well to being sharpened often.

jakeiscrazy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jakeiscrazy

I have this set, its great. I lot of people don't wanna drop the money on really really nice set and the Rachel Ray knives are great for that. The steel I believe is a CRMOV. It takes a nice edge and holds it pretty well.

shadowknight125

quality posts: 7 Private Messages shadowknight125

I picked up a set, in part, because of the case. My education requires me to go on multiple clinicals throughout the US and having a good set of all purpose knives that are made to be travel ready sounds pretty invaluable to me.

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee
conanthelibrarian wrote:according to knivesndaggers.com, these have "strong tang".

http://www.knivesndaggers.com/furi-rachael-ray-three-piece-fur890/

I went to your link. But I don't get it. No astronauts. No little happy martians drinking.

I always took "strong tang" to mean it had some alcohol in it. I don't think that is the case w/ these knives......
so call me knife illiterate. I had to look it up. the meaning of Tang

dciarlet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dciarlet

Why do so many of the knife sets look like the same 3 knives re-branded?

geri9254

quality posts: 1 Private Messages geri9254

I have a ten piece sent of the RR Knives in a bamboo block and I love them. The handles on mine are anti-microbial so I suggest hand-washing (I never put my Chef's knives in the dishwasher anyway, but some folks do) They have a very comfortable feel, I have very large hands, (men's gloves, size large), yet family members with smaller hands have no problem controlling them. The price on these is unheard of. I paid $149.00 for my 10 piece block and that was a great deal on sale. If you need knives, I wouldn't hesitate. I'm picking up a couple sets for gifts.

catherinemcclarey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages catherinemcclarey

$9.95 matches the price I paid a few years ago for a Ronco Six-Star 3-knife starter set (including the "Ronco Rocker"). The $5.00 shipping would be worth it, to get a knifeless beginner cook her/his first semi-decent set of knives. The only knife I'd add to this set would be a decent bread knife. (This is why, when I replaced my Miracle Blade III knives with a set of Ginsus a year ago, my spouse insisted on keeping the multipurpose slicer, because it made such a good bread knife, and was the one type of knife the Ginsu set lacked.)

michoutdoors

quality posts: 6 Private Messages michoutdoors

Ok, Wooters...important question. Has anyone had any experience throwing these in the dishwasher on a regular basis. Yes, I know. The directions say "don't do it". But... I don't follow directions, and I want a set that I can use for poultry only and just throw in the dishwasher for easy disinfecting. Thanks, Wooters!

smcdon2

quality posts: 5 Private Messages smcdon2
michoutdoors wrote:Ok, Wooters...important question. Has anyone had any experience throwing these in the dishwasher on a regular basis. Yes, I know. The directions say "don't do it". But... I don't follow directions, and I want a set that I can use for poultry only and just throw in the dishwasher for easy disinfecting. Thanks, Wooters!

One question... How far will you be throwing them? Will children be in the area? If so, I would say Nooooooooo!
That said, at $9.00 a set, you can do what you want with them. The dishwasher isn't good for any knife, but let's be realistic. It's not a set of Wusthof or Henckels. My wife is constantly throwing my knives in the dishwasher and they seem to hold up pretty well. I love her, but she doesn't "follow directions" either and we're still good.

lboban

quality posts: 12 Private Messages lboban
tczuba wrote:I can confirm that these are indeed Tang® colored...not full, just the handle part. Maybe the leopard knife company will come out with an astronaut version for you that will be full tang colored though.

Tang! Giggle, giggle...

jxwhee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jxwhee

Bought these last time. I use the chef's knife almost daily. It's sharp and the handle is rubber so it feels secure in my hand. I think the quality versus price ratio is definatly in your favor with this one.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

I have the big one & it is my favorite knife. I know I'm supposed to wash knives by hand, but I put this one in the top of my dishwasher & it comes out just fine. $15.....what a deal!!! I'm in for a couple of sets, maybe 3 just to have extra & for gifts! Thank you WOOT for your awesomeness!

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

pterosonus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pterosonus

Ich bin ein Wooter!

behrmark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages behrmark

I'm getting these for two reasons: one can never have too many knives; they're orange!!

nlanier

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nlanier

These are decent knives and have held up well. We have a larger set that came with the bamboo box. We hand wash these and don't put them in the dish washer. I'm pretty sure we have 2 of the 3 of these already. We did not have the utiity knife. The only knives I love better is a $20 4pc set of ceramics.

mspele10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mspele10

I got these as a Christmas gift a few years ago and love them. The color isn't my fave, but they work really well. I'd definitely recommend!

critStock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages critStock

Pretty sure they're Wu-Tang.

triplexcoast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages triplexcoast
critStock wrote:Pretty sure they're Wu-Tang.

I believe that you have a slight spelling error there. The correct spelling is Woot-Tang, but the spelling you used is considered acceptable in the modern "Rap" and "Hip-Hop" vernaculars.

smegman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smegman

I beleve the Tang is part of the Poon, which would mean quite old.

loveminstrels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loveminstrels
ThunderThighs wrote:Your post is full of win. Major win.

Agreed. I laughed so hard tears ran down my leg!!