WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

A Pretty Random Smattering of Crap

Sometimes we get clear, concise themes for a Woot Plus sale. Sometimes we get a panicked plea to just offload a bunch of stuff with no real rhyme or reason. This is one of those times.

Quality Posts

jaytheman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaytheman

I'm a little confused about the ZD Racing ZRB-2 Off-Road Buggy pictured here (the red one). The picture is of one with a nitro engine but the description talks about a brush-less motor and battery. A quick search online shows that the ZRB-2 is a Nitro buggy not an electric buggy.

gambrinus2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gambrinus2

I've had friends who had good things to say about the topsy turveys, so why not?

crunchybrownstar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crunchybrownstar

Galaxy 10...I'm waiting for a cover for the Galaxy 10. Not the 7. [sigh] I continue to wait.

meanjoeira

quality posts: 4 Private Messages meanjoeira

There's a great write-up on the Stories of War DVD collection in the review section at Amazon. Oh, and it's running $49.97 over there. Seems like it would make a great gift so I got one for myself.

http://www.amazon.com/America-Stories-War-DVD-Collection/dp/B001D98U4K

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown

I own the gaming keyboard (but not the keyset, I dont play MOH). The keyboard itself is great. The keys were bulky compared to my old scissor switch keyboard, but I got used to it pretty quick. There is nothing mind blowing about it, and it wont make you better at games, but it is a decent piece of hardware at a great deal. I paid $84 for it on amazon (after doing weeks of research) and have yet to regret it.

The only keyboards that can beat this would be a mechanical keyboard, but those are impossible to find for <100 unless you get a razor one on a deal. However, I read reviews about sticking keys and bad ergonomic design on it. Realistically, to get close to the same quality, youre looking at $150-$250.

This is ideal for the moderate to heavy gamer, and at this price point even the light gamer. I only game about 1-1.5hr a day average these days (not much compared to a lot of people). I don't compete in tournaments or anything like that, I just wanted something more reliable and professional.

I have also never had to return or had any issues with a steelseries product. I am a huge fan of the company and to date I have their keyboard, mouse, mousepad, and three sets of headphones. Again, no issues with anything. They are a Danish company though and relatively small (they cater pretty exclusively to hardcore clients), so service might not be amazingly fast, but still adequate.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jaytheman wrote:I'm a little confused about the ZD Racing ZRB-2 Off-Road Buggy pictured here (the red one). The picture is of one with a nitro engine but the description talks about a brush-less motor and battery. A quick search online shows that the ZRB-2 is a Nitro buggy not an electric buggy.

I've googled around on the buggy and every site I found has the exact same specs as ours including the mention of a brushless motor.

Do you have a specific info that says differently?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ducky12432

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ducky12432
ThunderThighs wrote:I've googled around on the buggy and every site I found has the exact same specs as ours including the mention of a brushless motor.

If you look at the pictures it clearly shows a nitro motor and pipe.

When i do a search the ZRB-2 comes up as nitro and the ZRB-1 comes up as electric.

If it really is a nitro i will be all over it (not that I really need another).

Can we get an actual clarification of this before we purchase one?

thanks

baf6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baf6

ducky is right, the picture shows a nitro motor but the description is for an electric RC...maybe the model number matches the description, but the picture doesn't

dedwardseng

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dedwardseng

Will the Galaxy Tab cover fit the Galaxy Tab 2? Did they change the outside when they changed the inside?

nexusrain86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nexusrain86

Does the Diamond Weather Station function as an alarm clock as well?

offgridmanpolktn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages offgridmanpolktn

Hey TT,
Did you ever get an answer on whether the specs and photo are correct and this actually has the nitro motor? Or is it the electric motor in the description? I'm in for two if it's the nitro motor :-)

Thanks for the help

ThunderThighs wrote:I've googled around on the buggy and every site I found has the exact same specs as ours including the mention of a brushless motor.

ThunderThighs

Staff

offgridmanpolktn wrote:Hey TT,
Did you ever get an answer on whether the specs and photo are correct and this actually has the nitro motor? Or is it the electric motor in the description? I'm in for two if it's the nitro motor :-)

Thanks for the help

I've emailed to see if we got a sample in on this item. It might be Monday before I hear back though.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

offgridmanpolktn

Thank you for the reply, I will keep checking back here for your confirmation and keep hoping that if it is actually the nitro model they don't sell out in the meantime. :'(

ThunderThighs wrote:I've emailed to see if we got a sample in on this item. It might be Monday before I hear back though.

BrianShadeWoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrianShadeWoot
jaytheman wrote:I'm a little confused about the ZD Racing ZRB-2 Off-Road Buggy pictured here (the red one). The picture is of one with a nitro engine but the description talks about a brush-less motor and battery. A quick search online shows that the ZRB-2 is a Nitro buggy not an electric buggy.

If you look under the spec instead of the features tab below the picture it says:
In the box:

ZD Racing ZRB-2 Large (1:8 Scale) R/C Off-Road 4WD Nitro Buggy

So the two descriptions are not matching. But the specs do mention nitro.

ikisat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ikisat

In for 2 of the keyboards. I bought a Shift when it was on sale for a small business and it's been fantastic. They primarily want more because it's great to be able to pop the keyset off for cleaning. The anti ghosting is useful as well especially when you're typing 120+ wpm which oddly will sometimes overwhelm keyboards. The usb and headphone ports don't get used much but it is useful to have them right there.

ThunderThighs

Staff

They got hold of the vendor. It is a Nitro car and our specs are wrong. New specs are on the way. Stay tuned.

Edit: features are updated to state "Nitro" glow fuel powered engine

FORUM MODERATOR

offgridmanpolktn

Thankyou for checking on that, and lett8ng us know.

ThunderThighs wrote:They got hold of the vendor. It is a Nitro car and our specs are wrong. New specs are on the way. Stay tuned.

Edit: features are updated to state "Nitro" glow fuel powered engine

beanhall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beanhall

I received my ZRB-2 nitro buggy yesterday. The instructions don't have any break-in information or nitro requirements. Anyone have any suggestions or maybe a link from zd racing that gives the proper info.