WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Has human civilization reached its peak?
  • 37.7% - You’re looking at the peak. Right here. This guy. Me. I’m the peak. 493
  • 11.4% - Yes, ever since the cancellation of Sister, Sister. 149
  • 40.5% - This is quite a question. How about that two way twister? 530
  • 10.5% - More of a “That’s So Raven” fan, myself. 137
1309 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

It's been all downhill since the '80s when the conservatives put their plan in action to control the world, culminating with the tea bagging party that wants to destroy our civilization and return to one of anarchy. Scary thing is they are becoming more and more successful every year.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

Civilization? We still have wars, we still have starvation, we still have greedy bastards running nations. We don't have civilization yet. We are still emerging from the dark ages.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

We are well past the peak and sliding fast down the slide to a welfare state, which will ultimately lead to despotism.

PhilCarr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PhilCarr

Politics? On Woot? Have you been to a Tea Party yourself, or are you spouting what you heard on TV? I have. It was a very tame, orderly gathering. Your vulgar comment was really classy by the way. Way to really get your point across, and show us Tea Partiers "what for." Just so you know, Tea Parties aren't a political party. They're a gathering of like minded citizens who desire change.

The mass media doesn't really make that distinction, but it's very important because the attendees are Republicans, Libretarians, Democrats, and Independents.

mschauber wrote:It's been all downhill since the '80s when the conservatives put their plan in action to control the world, culminating with the tea bagging party that wants to destroy our civilization and return to one of anarchy. Scary thing is they are becoming more and more successful every year.

DavidDrake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidDrake
PhilCarr wrote:Politics? On Woot? Have you been to a Tea Party yourself, or are you spouting what you heard on TV? I have. It was a very tame, orderly gathering. Your vulgar comment was really classy by the way. Way to really get your point across, and show us Tea Partiers "what for." Just so you know, Tea Parties aren't a political party. They're a gathering of like minded citizens who desire change.

The mass media doesn't really make that distinction, but it's very important because the attendees are Republicans, Libretarians, Democrats, and Independents.

Such animosity on both sides.

I think politics as a whole have been dragging the bar lower and lower. What changes would make this country better and allow us to move forward? and if we move forward, where are we looking to be?
I think those questions should be focused on more than passing blame and political standoffs.

PhilCarr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PhilCarr

Please point out the animosity in my statement.

DavidDrake wrote:Such animosity on both sides.

I think politics as a whole have been dragging the bar lower and lower. What changes would make this country better and allow us to move forward? and if we move forward, where are we looking to be?
I think those questions should be focused on more than passing blame and political standoffs.

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

We are in a downhill race with convenience and the lazy leading the way. The tech we use is not well researched and only makes it look like we are at a pinnacle.

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

jelliebaby

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jelliebaby
PhilCarr wrote:Please point out the animosity in my statement.

It's difficult to tell if you intended to be sarcastic in your initial comment but by using "vulgar comment was really classy" it certainly sounded, to me, like sarcasm. Years ago I learned that sometimes what is typed and not spoken can be misconstrued by the reader due to lack of inflection - perhaps that is the case here.

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

What does "peak" mean? Peak of stupidity, not yet (but they're getting there).

Watch Idiocracy. Seriously, it's coming true. Mike Judge is a prophet. Not joking one bit.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

geekwench

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekwench
PhilCarr wrote:Please point out the animosity in my statement.

You're kidding, right? Otherwise, let's see...

Politics? On Woot? Have you been to a Tea Party yourself, or are you spouting what you heard on TV? I have. It was a very tame, orderly gathering. Your vulgar comment was really classy by the way. Way to really get your point across, and show us Tea Partiers "what for." Just so you know, Tea Parties aren't a political party. They're a gathering of like minded citizens who desire change.

Nearly every statement in that paragraph displays animosity, IMO. U.S. politics today seem to be based entirely on divisiveness, anger, and outright hatred, and I find it very sad that this country's best days seem to be long gone.

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

the whole poll was loaded. politics and religion have no business on woot.

I always did like yardsales.

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller
luke975 wrote:the whole poll was loaded. politics and religion have no business on woot.

The poll wasn't about politics or religion at all. The users brought that in. The poll was about people, just like Soylent Green.

Man, some people are so touchy.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Without getting into politics (because I'm not using that as a measuring stick)...

If we are anywhere near the peak of civilization it's really disappointing. Where is the option for "Oh heck no" and "Gosh I hope not!"

Beware the V'owls screech!

ceagee

quality posts: 61 Private Messages ceagee

does this poll mean to include the future colony on mars ?

I love that little Curiosity Rover

meep