2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3135 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

People do not seem to like this on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-BD-EM59C-Blu-ray-Player/dp/B007X4KN94

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3135 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Customers do seem to love it on the Samsung website.

http://reviews.us.samsung.com/7463/BD-EM59C_ZA/samsung-3d-blu-ray-with-built-in-wifi-bd-em59c-reviews/reviews.htm

geowrian

quality posts: 1 Private Messages geowrian

Does anybody know if this model can be DVD region free? Blu-ray zones are fine as-is, but I need to play US and Japanese DVDs on it.

squidalarm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages squidalarm

Remote control is listed but not pictured. Wonder what it looks like?

ridgerunner04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ridgerunner04

I bought one of these and they suck!! It doesn't work and when you contact Samsung, they act like they don't know what the matter is. I got mine from QVC and it is on its way back to them. Go to QVC and read all of the terrible reviews!!!!

Susan Smalley

ridgerunner04

conanthelibrarian wrote:People do not seem to like this on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-BD-EM59C-Blu-ray-Player/dp/B007X4KN94

You won't like it either!

Susan Smalley

ridgerunner04

conanthelibrarian wrote:Customers do seem to love it on the Samsung website.

http://reviews.us.samsung.com/7463/BD-EM59C_ZA/samsung-3d-blu-ray-with-built-in-wifi-bd-em59c-reviews/reviews.htm

Of course they would, that is because it is their web site..look at QVC and Amazon.

Susan Smalley

JohnnyDD

quality posts: 4 Private Messages JohnnyDD

Very, very poor internet connections on this
samsung BD. Slooooow. I have an older LG, and it's gold compaired to this. Thank God for Costco and returns

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ridgerunner04 wrote:I bought one of these and they suck!! It doesn't work and when you contact Samsung, they act like they don't know what the matter is. I got mine from QVC and it is on its way back to them. Go to QVC and read all of the terrible reviews!!!!

Can you give some specific information to help other wooters?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

niceum

quality posts: 3 Private Messages niceum
ThunderThighs wrote:Can you give some specific information to help other wooters?

It sucks, actually works for me. Terrible reviews on two major sites is more than enough. Having to read anymore would just seem old fashioned.
No need for more specifics.

detr0001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages detr0001
ThunderThighs wrote:Can you give some specific information to help other wooters?

I just got one and it did not play any of my DVD's/Blue ray. The menus and remote were confusing. Internet access was slow. I have 30M down and it took a lot of time to go from one menu to the next since it always wanted to access the internet.

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-
Features wrote:3D TV, Active glasses and content required (3D glasses not included.

Ummm... Do they have to be Active. What about those of us with the 3D TV's that use polarized glasses? No cookie? But why?

oldtyme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oldtyme

Take this for what it's worth as I have an older model of this (BD-C5500)

I've played maybe 40 DVD's through this in 2+ years. No problems.
Sounds a bit clunky inside when I do...but they play.

I mainly used it for netflix & for networking video files off my computer (I forget the technical term.lol)
It plays most of the widely used video formats (avi,mkv,mpg,wmv,etc)

So for a cheap media box it does what I need it too do.

friartek

quality posts: 15 Private Messages friartek

It seems like a small thing, but where is the picture of the connectors(i.e. the back). It is the only way of knowing for sure if the specs are correct. Couldn't find one photo when I did a web search. Not even Samsung had a photo of the back on their product page. Had to download the manual(pdf) to find artwork of the back.

Audio is only 2 channels.

Another thing I noticed was this player doesn't list even one audio format it will play, not even music CDs or MP3s.

Along with the the other cons listed here by the community, I 'll pass.

tolerance: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
BOC: 4 Including the very last Woot!-off B)C. One of the lucky few.

cdebro

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cdebro

Samsung stacks the odds in their favor. I posted to Samsung's Facebook page, a honest review of the quality of the Samsung factory refurb Bluray player that I bought from Woot! A Samsung rep promptly deleted it and then contacted me via email. After they would not own up to replacing the refurb, I posted again and that too was deleted.

Do not buy Samsung refurbs as Samsung will not stand behind them even if they are factory refurbished.

ybanag

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ybanag
cdebro wrote:

Do not buy Samsung refurbs as Samsung will not stand behind them even if they are factory refurbished.

OK have to remember that: SamSung = Sacks Sucks

Polishemt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Polishemt

I not sure of all the hate on this one. I picked up the "Samsung Blu-ray Player with Wi-Fi" referb from the last woot off and I love it. The player can connect to a networked pc and play all your media from the PC, as well as a portable hard drive....where I have my "backed-up" movies.

pghengr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pghengr

I bought a similar Samsung bluray player (not sure if this exact model) and after half an hour of messing around with the "apps" stuff still couldn't get Netflix to work with it. Worse, the remote would only work with a Samsung TV -- no capability to enter codes for other mainstream TV models. So if that matters to you be sure to check that out before buying this model. Fortunately I was able to return it. Good riddance.

LordBling

quality posts: 4 Private Messages LordBling
friartek wrote:Audio is only 2 channels.

1998 called. It wants its VCR back.

bobdo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bobdo
friartek wrote:
Audio is only 2 channels.

With these specs:
Audio:
Dolby Digital Decoder: Yes
Dolby Digital Plus Decoder: Yes
Dolby True HD Decoder: Yes
DTS Decoder: Yes
DTS Audio Decoding Output: Yes

And with coaxial digital out, it does 7.1 channels out.

I don't think there's a dvd player let alone a bluray player that is only two channels.

megfree16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megfree16

I really wanted this Blu-ray but with all the negative comments I think I am going to pass

ooosadface

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ooosadface

Most of the negative seems to be regarding the apps and WiFi stuff. I've seen one comment about disc playing. So, here's my question...

What if someone, say...ooosadface..., were looking for his first BluRay player and a DVD player that up-converts?

Is this a good box for that?

I have an AppleTV 3 and two Rokus so all I really want is a decent disc player.

erikr98

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erikr98

I just wanted to be an outlier and say that I own this Blu-ray player AND it works great for me. I bought it here a couple of months ago. Plays discs fine, connects to Hulu Plus and Netflix with no problems. Wireless works fine on a speedy router hooked up to FiOS. I wouldn't use it for my main home theater setup but for the cost I definitely find it useful for the spare room. And for what it's worth, my tech level = major geek.

I liked it, so there. Let the flaming begin!

AzureFields

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AzureFields

Does anyone know how strong of a signal this pushes out? my current bluray signal wont travel across the 50ft hdmi to the projector and its the only part of my setup that is too weak to.

leestil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leestil

Sorry Woot but I've had a Samsung blue ray 3-D DVD player for 2 years with nothing but headaches. I bought the 55" Samsung 3-D TV so I thought if I got the DVD from the same company I'd only need 1 remote .... perhaps even the wife could use it. WRONG. On top of that the internet is extremely slow and after the firmware was upgraded the only DVDs that would play were the standard definition. I’ve spent hours and unbelievable frustration with the “tech reps” in India and never really got any assistance. I wanted to remove the firmware and reinstall it but everyone’s answer at the help center was to send it back to the company for $80 +shipping and hope for the best. I then went on Amazon and found out there is an army of consumers with exactly the same experience with that player. I bought a Sony. What a difference. Buyer beware!!!! TV GOOD ….. DVD BAD ….. VERY BAD.

mlotis23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlotis23

Not sure if this is the same model or not. My buddy bought a Samsung 3D Blu-ray player 4 months ago, worst investment he ever made. Hardly plays Blu-rays, streaming works sometimes, we have to constantly reset it because it can't grab an IP address from his router and a completely reset fixes it.

Batt4Christ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Batt4Christ

Samsung electronics have fallen dramatically in quality over the last 5 years or so to an all-time low for the company today.

Only thing I can figure - they are investing all of their R&D and quality control dollars into their smartphone division (and even those are proving to be hit-or-miss). Sad to see the downfall of what use to be a top-notch consumer electronics outfit.

Batt4Christ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Batt4Christ

That is because Samsung filters their reviews.