WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Buffet?
  • 21.5% - Only if it’s Chinese food. 265
  • 7.7% - Only if it’s Indian food. 95
  • 9.6% - Only if it’s a salad bar. Only if it’s pizza. 119
  • 39.4% - Only if it’s one of those mega-buffets that has everything from everywhere. 486
  • 21.9% - No thanks. 270
1235 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo

So no one is allowed to like more than one type of buffet?

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

You left out the best buffet of them all! The Breakfast Bar! Ask that and I think ou will find it is the most popular buffet around.

tiler100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiler100

Only if it's a place that's been open for years and nobody has died from eating there.

meadowlark

quality posts: 5 Private Messages meadowlark

Breakast, Chinese, Salad Bar, Pizza, Pasta, Mexican, Big Variety, are all good troughs to pig out at, as long as the ingredients are high quality and the food is fresh and at the proper temperature.

Indian? Please! You're kidding, right? I've tried three different ones and could not find any dish I could make myself eat more than one or two bites. It probably wasn't made improperly, but none of it tasted like FOOD to me. It was far too different. I tried almost every dish and never found anything that tasted good. Except the American BBQ they had for people like me at one place.

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor
meadowlark wrote:Indian? Please! You're kidding, right? I've tried three different ones and could not find any dish I could make myself eat more than one or two bites. It probably wasn't made improperly, but none of it tasted like FOOD to me. It was far too different. I tried almost every dish and never found anything that tasted good. Except the American BBQ they had for people like me at one place.

Places like yelp will help you out there... There are two indian places near me that offer buffets that are just incredible and very cheap. Unlimited fresh baked choice of Naan (we went with garlic and cheese), lamb vindaloo, 2 different types of samosas, chicken tikka masala, paneer kofta (fried cheese ball that was divine), tandoori chicken, paneer mutter, saag, basmati rice--and that's just the stuff I had. Good food exists out there. You just have to wade through the crap and not get discouraged when you eventually come across a bad place.

kestrelle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kestrelle

Yes, please..

swantner

quality posts: 2 Private Messages swantner

Where is ...

- Only if it's good.

???

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

I hate buffets.....excapt for the Ruby Tuesday salad bar.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

Ouijan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ouijan

You need an "Any type of buffet, as long as it's good" option

bblhed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages bblhed
swantner wrote:Where is ...

- Only if it's good.

???

Yup, I don't care what is on it as long as it's good.

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy
Ouijan wrote:You need an "Any type of buffet, as long as it's good" option

And reasonably priced so the kids get fed and get to try different things.

ogles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ogles

All buffets, everywhere!!

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138

does BD's Mongolian Barbecue count as a buffet?

dchochrek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dchochrek

Missing all of the above and breakfast buffets.

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather

I like buffets with a good selection of everything. Because sometimes I want a little bit of everything, and that's impossible/impractical when going out to eat or ordering off menu.

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

Brazilian Churrasco - All you can eat meat buffet! Tucanos is the best for that!

Also popular around here is the all you can eat sushi. GOOOOOD STUUUFFFF!

Discord

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Discord

Sorry. I don't eat from anything that has a sneeze guard. More for you folks.

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
deadeye37 wrote:Brazilian Churrasco - All you can eat meat buffet! Tucanos is the best for that!

Also popular around here is the all you can eat sushi. GOOOOOD STUUUFFFF!

I went with a bunch of people to Tucanos in Boise. I was the second person to throw in the towel. The thinnest of the group was the last to stop. He just kept eating and eating and eating.

I would not recommend the place to vegetarians. While I'm sure you could get bloated on vegetarian stuff from the salad bar, the focus is on the meat they keep bringing. And bringing. And bringing.

jshutack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jshutack

Crab legs...crab legs

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3

I love buffets but I can't eat more than 1 meals worth, so it's kind of a waste of money according to anyone I've ever eaten with at a buffet.

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090

I won't JUST eat at any one of those answers, I'll take ANY type of buffet on that list.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

If you like Pina Coladas... Getting caught in the rain...

/sways

Phoulmouth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Phoulmouth

Buffets are the most disease and germ infested nastiness ever. Will never touch one after some of the things I have seen people do.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Bland, dried-out-but-barely-warm food, watery soup, wilted salad, and defrosted desserts... but it's all you can eat for 12 bucks.