2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all. Just a note that this is a custom set done just for us so it won't come in a retail box. I believe it comes in a brown box.

That said, how about sharing your kid's love of Hexbugs. I've heard it before in previous sales.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

meadowknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages meadowknight

What the heck IS a Hexbug? lol

I can't find anywhere in the description what this even is or does. I'm an adult, but young at heart, lol.

mcw

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mcw
meadowknight wrote:What the heck IS a Hexbug? lol

All you need to know - Hexbug Nano

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

Is more than one color or design of the hexbug in this set available? Assuming so, if we order more than one set, can we make sure we'll get "different" hexbugs with each set?

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

ThunderThighs

Staff

smartheart wrote:Is more than one color or design of the hexbug in this set available? Assuming so, if we order more than one set, can we make sure we'll get "different" hexbugs with each set?

It comes with a glow-in-the-dark HEXBUG. Not sure that there are different ones and no guarantee that you would get different ones in multiple orders. Sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

smartheart

ThunderThighs wrote:It comes with a glow-in-the-dark HEXBUG. Not sure that there are different ones and no guarantee that you would get different ones in multiple orders. Sorry.

Hmmmm....maybe the solution would involve two different colors of glow in the dark paint to differentiate the two as they perform in the dark.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

smartheart

one more question....will thes "link" or connect with the non-glow in the dark sets so the bugs can travel from the glow set to the non-glow arenas?

--D. Parker

ceejatec

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ceejatec

Hexbugs are freakin' awesome. My daughter (4 years old) fell in love at a toy store, and when we got her some for Christmas she played with them for hours. That was after us parents played with them for a couple hours while she was napping. Just one bug isn't very exciting, but get four or five of them jostling about on a couple sections of track and it's shockingly entertaining. They're such simple machines, and yet they turn out to have real personalities.

This is a very good starter set, but definitely budget for at least two more bugs and some connecting track segments. Also, the Zipline set is really cool - I was amazed that it worked so well, although getting the spiral ramp set up with the right clearances was kind of a pain.

kwyjibo73

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kwyjibo73
smartheart wrote:one more question....will thes "link" or connect with the non-glow in the dark sets so the bugs can travel from the glow set to the non-glow arenas?

We have one of each and yes, they will link.

Sinnin7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sinnin7

Hexbug's are amazing and fun. My son loves them and our cat goes crazy watching them. This is a great deal for this set!

mytdawg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mytdawg

I bought a couple of the bugs just as a stocking stuffer for kids and we've had a great time with them. As an added bonus it also keeps the cat entertained.

tkrueger15

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tkrueger15

do they link together if you buy more than one?

What a dazzeling light show that would be!

marvinbeaverdip

quality posts: 3 Private Messages marvinbeaverdip

These are great. We bought the sets last time they were offered and gave them as gifts for the many parties my kids went to last year. They were always a hit! yes, this set will link with the bridges and straights that were offered the last time.

mellowfrog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mellowfrog

my kids and Kats LOVE hexbugs. They are wee little toys, the size of a catnip mouse, that vibrate when turned on. The vibrations move the bugs up and down the ramps and tracks. My kids play with them for hours and have hooked up the habitat pieces together. The 6 yr old is able to put the pieces together on her own. This is just a starter set and it is more awesome with more pieces.

scapsinger

quality posts: 22 Private Messages scapsinger

In for 3...one for my son, 2 for his friends as gifts!

This is a good price. I believe it's identical to the non-glow-in-the-dark set of this type. We were about to buy one of those for $25 at Walmart for my son's birthday, so this is a great deal.

The Hexbugs themselves cost about $5 each, and this includes one, so all the better.

They're really a lot of fun, but you're going to want to buy extra button cell batteries (too bad those aren't in the Woot!Plus! sale offering...). The batteries can be found for relatively cheap on Amazon (and no, you don't have to buy the Hexbug-branded batteries, which cost more): http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hexbug+nano+batteries

digitaljaket

quality posts: 0 Private Messages digitaljaket

I used my Hexbug minis and their habitat set in place of trains under the tree for Christmas. Everyone thought they were hysterical and creepy at the same time. Sort of like trained water bugs running around a maze.

LBeria

quality posts: 5 Private Messages LBeria
ThunderThighs wrote:Hey all. Just a note that this is a custom set done just for us so it won't come in a retail box. I believe it comes in a brown box.

That's true! I bought one of these sets for Youngest Son before the holidays (on kids.woot!....at a higher price...ahem....) and he LOVES it! The brown box hid what it was and he never suspected getting another hive.

It does connect to all of his other sets (most of which have also been purchased through the Woot! sites) and the glow-in-the-dark feature makes it a hoot to play with when the power is off.

Really....I had a lot of fun with it. Made it easier to know where they were in the dark and it bothered the dogs and cat to distraction! Well worth the price!

And at this price??? You definitely cannot go wrong!!

Purchases: Too many to track anymore but only 3 Birthday of Celebrations since 2006.

Only the good die young.... But most people are morally ambiguous which explains our random dying patterns....

LBeria

tkrueger15 wrote:do they link together if you buy more than one?

The hive sets themselves won't link together, but if you have some of the track pieces (you can find extra HexBug tracks online in MANY places) or another standard hive/playset/accessory, you can connect multiple glow-in-the-dark hives to those and watch them run around. I does make for a fun show!

Purchases: Too many to track anymore but only 3 Birthday of Celebrations since 2006.

Only the good die young.... But most people are morally ambiguous which explains our random dying patterns....

LBeria

smartheart wrote:Hmmmm....maybe the solution would involve two different colors of glow in the dark paint to differentiate the two as they perform in the dark.

Because this is a custom set made for Woot! I don't believe the bugs have different patterns on them in each set. The Hives come with a glow-in-the-dark HexBug, but once the lights are out and it's roaming around quickly it's hard to pick that one out from the other glow-in-the-dark HexBugs Youngest Son has bought separately. And I'm not sure if the company plans to release any different glow-colors in the future.

I try to keep-up with the newest info on these 'cause they're one toy that not only does Youngest Son like it but Hubby and I get a kick out of them and the creative accessories/sets we can connect to them!

Quick Note: HexBug does make the Nanos in different colors but the actual "glow" effect is the same greenish tint you see on all glow-in-the-dark products. That's why in the dark we can't tell one from another. And all of the ones we have have the constellation Orion pattern on their backs.

scapsinger

quality posts: 22 Private Messages scapsinger
tkrueger15 wrote:do they link together if you buy more than one?

We have a bunch of this stuff, and all the connections are identical, so I imagine you could connect as many of these hives together as you want.

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

this turned out to be a great Christmas present for my son, but the only problem was I originally paid $14.99

bradywill

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bradywill

My son loves hexbugs. I must say I've been sucked in as well. This set is a great deal at this price.

Hexbug nanos are each identified by a code that comes with them in their test tubes. You can enter the codes online at http://www.handandstars.com to track your collection (and see all the slots for the nanos you DON'T have - there are quite a few variations). You can even download a "field guide" for the nanos.

The site also has some great puzzles and brain teasers that older kids will enjoy.

Probably more than anyone wanted to know but there you have it.

piratekit

quality posts: 2 Private Messages piratekit

My cats love these things. It's like television for them. Eventually they'll just pick one up and it'll be forever gone (or until I clean under the stove). Not a bad cat toy if you can prevent that.

chorobe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chorobe

I received mine but it was not a retail box which was a bummer. It just came in a cardboard box. Also today I went to Target only to discover they had the same item on sale for $8.50 for a full retail box. Oh well.

chorobe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chorobe
chorobe wrote:I received mine but it was not a retail box which was a bummer. It just came in a cardboard box. Also today I went to Target only to discover they had the same item on sale for $8.50 for a full retail box. Oh well.

Ooops, my bad, the description does say brown box, so no fault of Woot. Still, it's a very good deal and shipping was fast.

mesauter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mesauter

Mine came without the bug and I have a feeling I am going to have to go through the total in convenience of having to mail the whole thing back. Bummer

ThunderThighs

Staff

mesauter wrote:Mine came without the bug and I have a feeling I am going to have to go through the total in convenience of having to mail the whole thing back. Bummer

Did you double check all the packing materials? If you still don't find it, email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR