0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

I will have to do some research on this. My bakeware has reach the point of where it should be replaced. I found these comments on a similar set from the same manufacturer.

http://www.amazon.com/Bakers-Secret-10-Piece-Baking-Set/product-reviews/B000VL0AR6

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

excellent price on this set.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

stokdgs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stokdgs

This looks great except it is missing the 2 cooling racks. The Amazon link showed the set + the 2 racks, which are nice to have if you want to cool down your cookies before they get scarfed up, right ?

jabluszko

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jabluszko

http://www.amazon.com/Bakers-Secret-1107725-piece-set/dp/B009AFF9MU/ref=sr_1_12?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1358318506&sr=1-12&keywords=Baker%27s+Secret
This is the correct link for Amazon. I ma still looking for more info.

jabluszko

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jabluszko

I couldn't find more info, except that it's an item generally no longer available in other places. The last confirmed sale at $24.99 was at Woot.Home on Nov.12, 2012. Maybe the Wooters from that sale can feed us more info regarding the quality.
The Baker's Secret, in general, has a very good reputation, though, so I think I will be in for one.

catherinemcclarey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages catherinemcclarey

My teen daughter loves to bake desserts for her friends/school activities, so this would make a good birthday present for her - but where would she store it in her dorm room when she goes off to college?

momtamc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages momtamc

The Baker's secret is that the stuff rusts eventually.

dbpinochle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dbpinochle

My grandkids thought this was neat after I gave the pieces to them. This is not for anyone serious about any baking.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

You can find a little more info on the Bakers Secret Web Page,
http://www.bakerssecret.com/default.asp

spacefox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spacefox

I usually avoid non-stick and am a little neurotic about Teflon pans, but it seems these are safe, because they use silicone. Some people think I am crazy but there really have been instances of pet birds being poisoned, usually when someone forgot a pan was on the stove or fell asleep and it got super-duper hot, but still. There's enough toxic stuff in my daughter's world, why bring more of it into the house?

"Silicone-coated brand name cookware such as Baker's Secret and EKCO, will not produce toxic fumes, and are considered safe. Because cookware and appliance manufacturers are not required to label their products with warnings or composition statements, contact the manufacturer if there is any question about any item that will be heated or is heat-producing." Here's the site where I saw that: http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=15+1829&aid=2874

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
catherinemcclarey wrote:My teen daughter loves to bake desserts for her friends/school activities, so this would make a good birthday present for her - but where would she store it in her dorm room when she goes off to college?

I'm sure she'd find a creative solution. Maybe she can try Apartment Therapy for ideas, or even our very own home.woot!

I'm just hanging out, really.

bgtexag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bgtexag

Has anyone else who received their shipment discovered incomplete sets? Of the three I ordered, one is missing the loaf pan and another was missing the sheet cake pan (one set was complete). None of the boxes looked like they'd been opened, but the odds of two of three being incomplete seem pretty long. Woot, were these overstocks...or retail/manufacturer returns?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bgtexag wrote:Has anyone else who received their shipment discovered incomplete sets? Of the three I ordered, one is missing the loaf pan and another was missing the sheet cake pan (one set was complete). None of the boxes looked like they'd been opened, but the odds of two of three being incomplete seem pretty long. Woot, were these overstocks...or retail/manufacturer returns?

Sorry for the late reply. I'm not sure about the circumstances of your order, but it sounds like you might have been shorted.

Please email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to assist you with this issue.

fattypatty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fattypatty

My first set of Baker's Secret lasted 28 years. Why would I buy anything else? Love this set and love the price.