WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Survive In The Wild

"Dear diary -- my plane crashed somewhere in British Columbia. I are miles from civilization, and only have a tent, binoculars, first aid kit, and several packs of beef jerky to survive. So basically I'm much better off than I ever was in my studio apartment."

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Not being the outdoorsy type, I worry about the thought of camping when we include a first aid kit and safety lights. I think I'll just stay right here in the tent and snack on the beef jerky, thank you.

I'm serious here.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

I just wanted to drop in and note we also have other Keltys for sale if this size doesn't work for folks.

I'm just hanging out, really.

ThunderThighs

Staff

inkycatz wrote:I just wanted to drop in and note we also have other Keltys for sale if this size doesn't work for folks.

Want some jerky?

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ThunderThighs wrote:Want some jerky?

Not without reviews! (I was actually looking at the first aid kit, because, well, if someone's bound to get scraped up it would be me.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

omnitravis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages omnitravis

You guys should stick a piece of jerky in every order, so people can sample it.

computiac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages computiac

Since these are a discontinued model, how do I get service for the lifetime warranty ?
Is there a way to verify this ?

Thank's,

COMPUTIAC

ThunderThighs

Staff

computiac wrote:Since these are a discontinued model, how do I get service for the lifetime warranty ?
Is there a way to verify this ?

Not sure which item you're referring to but each item in this Event is NEW. They are covered by the warranty shown in the sale. I've heard good things from Wooters on just about every company represented in this Event as well.

However, if you have any trouble with warranty service, feel free to contact support@woot.com for assistance.

FORUM MODERATOR

computiac

I was referring to these:
MINOX BF 8x25 Roof Prism Binoculars

Thank's,

COMPUTIAC

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

I cry foul!! I thought TT said you wouldn't put the same item up at the same time on two different woots, but yet the safeflare and the safeflare are up at the same time!

Edit: the other sale (Let there be (decorative) light!) must have timed out since I wrote the original post.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

computiac

These excellent reviews are from 2010 but they are all I could find.

http://24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/4719135/Minox_BF_8x25_BR_bino_is_chang#Post4719135

Thank's,

COMPUTIAC

computiac

Download a copy of the warranty and register these binoc's here:

http://www.minox.com/index.php?6289&L=2

Thank's,

COMPUTIAC

jeebussez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeebussez

Oh heck yeah, jerky at $1/oz, in for three!

UrArsenal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages UrArsenal
jeebussez wrote:Oh heck yeah, jerky at $1/oz, in for three!

I don't usually buy beef jerky. So I can't tell if your being serious or sarcastic. =(

I'm afraid to pull the trigger.

jeebussez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeebussez
UrArsenal wrote:I don't usually buy beef jerky. So I can't tell if your being serious or sarcastic. =(

I'm afraid to pull the trigger.

In my experience, $1/oz isn't too bad for jerky. Premium "gourmet" brand jerky can sometimes go for $2-4/oz. Jack's Links jerky (which everyone seems to love) usually goes for $1.05-1.30/oz.

I found a fairly in depth review for this jerky, by the way:
http://www.bestbeefjerky.org/2010/11/sweet-baby-rays-beef-jerky-original.html

dlsspm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dlsspm

Jerky review:
I just got my order - very happy, based on sample size of one 3oz packet.
It's quite moist but not gooey. Just the right mix of sweet & spicy. Not much inedible tendon.
Overall, it ranks favorably compared to my all-time favorite, Painted Hills Campfire BBQ (very expensive & only at the upscale grocery).

mgrizzl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mgrizzl

Just got my order of Safeflares. Concept is good but item isnt that great. A push button on/off switch would have gone a long way to making them practical. But you turn the base on or turn it for off. It does 't turn very smoothly and the one set I have opdned to check must have a gremlin because it kept coming back on and strobing. The strobe is very bright and the magnet is strong enough to hold it on. We tried it on the fridge door. I ordered 3 sets so it wasn't cheap. I am hoping the on/ofc switch works better on the other 2 pairs. Like I said it is a great concept (will put 1 set in each vehicle), it is builg okay for the price but the on/off mechanism stinks. Hope it does not come on in the emergency vehicle bag and kill their batteries.

jooknow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jooknow

I actually got some of this jerky for Christmas this year - the honey-chipotle flavor. The texture and moistness was awesome. It's not often I come across jerky where they get this part just right. However, the flavor was a bit lacking. It was a little sweet and a little spicy, which was good, but somewhat bland. I certainly would have not been able to tell that it was honey and chipotle if it didn't say so on the package.

Overall, texture and quality of the meat used for the jerky is more important to me. In this regard I would buy this jerky again.