WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Baseballin'

Go Cubs! Or Cardinals! Or Astros! Or Dodgers! Go Prowlers! Go Tritips! Or whatever! Look, we don't care; the important thing is baseball spring training starts soon. And you should join them by grabbing some of this baseball gear!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Are you ready to play ball? Who's your team?

I'm just hanging out, really.

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123

The padded shirt is perfect for me; I bruise easily and don't want to have purple shoulders from resting the bat there while I try to draw a walk.

wfarmer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wfarmer

I'm still trying to figure out how the Zoombang products are "Practically applicable to baseball" even though they were designed for football. Baseball players don't take hits in the field where the padding is located. The hip padding could help with a beanball but that's it.

msmetz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages msmetz

I am so sad that the mitts are always sold out by the time I see them here.

dale380

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dale380

I really want those shorts but it seems like woot only sells to really, really big guys and tiny children. Never have my size.

xercess

quality posts: 3 Private Messages xercess

Dang, I have the shorts* but I wish woot would have the padded ribs shirt; getting hit in the sides is the most painful part for me.

*I don't use them much; I bought them for skiing, but I wear them when motorcycle riding (thankfully I haven't fallen off). They fit quite well, better than most compression garments, but I won't use them as regular undies because the pads are kind of obvious and interfere with pockets.

bkarp1977

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkarp1977
msmetz wrote:I am so sad that the mitts are always sold out by the time I see them here.

If you're still looking for a baseball glove check out the numerous baseball sites out there (baseball express or baseball savings). They still have pretty good winter sales going on, and you should be able to find a better glove (this one is definitely nothing special)for a price relatively close to this.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3360 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

I received the shirt and shorts a few days ago from a previous woot and I am impressed so far. I use them while I am on the ice, just a little extra protection in case I fall. Wearing these are much easier than getting dressed in full pads when Im Just goofing around out there.

xercess

quality posts: 3 Private Messages xercess
conanthelibrarian wrote:I received the shirt and shorts a few days ago from a previous woot and I am impressed so far. I use them while I am on the ice, just a little extra protection in case I fall. Wearing these are much easier than getting dressed in full pads when Im Just goofing around out there.

Do you use the front pockets for pads? I can't think of a scenario (besides a bat to the groin) where I wouldn't land on my arms.