bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

NOW GO BUY THREE!

that was fun while it lasted!

Jertyrael

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Jertyrael

Ugh! I want!! But I don't NEED.

Dilemma.

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
Jertyrael wrote:Ugh! I want!! But I don't NEED.

Dilemma.

GO BUY THREE~

that was fun while it lasted!

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff
Jertyrael wrote:Ugh! I want!! But I don't NEED.

Dilemma.

BUY!!! you won't be disappointed.

Beautifully seasoned, nonstick, large. I use mine for everything from eggs to deep dish pizza.

There is a raised ring on the bottom which is great as it keeps it from sliding around on my burner.

The only thing i haven't done yet is use it flipped over to make the woot! logo appear on a crepe or pancake.

Also, this is a discounted price!!!

Dilemma solved!

alanhwoot

quality posts: 40 Private Messages alanhwoot

Just to forestall a bunch of posts, yes, you can get a Lodge 12" skillet at Amazon for $18.97.

However, it's sans Woot "!". Logoed pans go for more, like the Boy Scouts one at $31.67.

Aw, who am I kidding? There's going to be a dozen posts below this one saying "It's cheaper on Amazon!"

Prngr44

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Prngr44

Sonofabitch I'm a sucker for all things Woot.

Usually it's just wine, but I've been complaining about not having a cast iron skillet.

2 birds with one stone.

I'm in.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I really like my Woot ! skillet. The only problem is that it's so heavy that my choices are to leave it on the stove or to leave it in a drawer and feel sad. However, it was the Single Best Woot UnBoxing ever: it didn't even require unboxing!

388 comments from the first time that it was offered and 111 comments from the second time it was offered.

Buy. You won't regret.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3702 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Bought it the first time it was offered and couldn't be happier! Yes, it is cheaper without the logo, but the logo! Come on, it's worth it, you know you want it. It is a great size and I use it at least 3 times a week for just about everything. I often will sear on a burner then throw it in the oven. it is extremely versatile.

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

Aaaargh! I want to buy the Woot! skillet, but last time I did so I received a non-Woot skillet instead. Problem is that I still want a Woot! skillet.

Let's say I buy this now, what do I do with the non-Woot skillet currently in the cabinet? (besides using it as a weapon against zombies?)

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

wilcononomous

quality posts: 20 Private Messages wilcononomous

time to git yer learn on.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

alanhwoot wrote:Just to forestall a bunch of posts, yes, you can get a Lodge 12" skillet at Amazon for $18.97.

However, it's sans Woot "!". Logoed pans go for more, like the Boy Scouts one at $31.67.

Aw, who am I kidding? There's going to be a dozen posts below this one saying "It's cheaper on Amazon!"

Was gonna say the same thing. Won't stop all the posts about cheaper skillets.

BUT THEY DON'T HAVE THE SUPER COOL !

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

computermd82 wrote:Aaaargh! I want to buy the Woot! skillet, but last time I did so I received a non-Woot skillet instead. Problem is that I still want a Woot! skillet.

Let's say I buy this now, what do I do with the non-Woot skillet currently in the cabinet? (besides using it as a weapon against zombies?)

We figured out the problem there. Our stock got mixed in with regular stock at the FBA warehouse. All better now.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dickrourke

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dickrourke

We can joke about the price difference, but if I have Prime (I do), we're talking what? 11 bucks?

neuropsychosocial

Cranky Doodle Donkeyrourke wrote:We can joke about the price difference, but if I have Prime (I do), we're talking what? 11 bucks?

!

ThunderThighs

Staff

neuropsychosocial wrote:!

BEST. POST.

FORUM MODERATOR

kfergus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kfergus

Don't forget that if you don't order something else to get the price above $25.00 on Amazon you need to pay shipping and cast iron is not light weight.

alanhwoot wrote:Just to forestall a bunch of posts, yes, you can get a Lodge 12" skillet at Amazon for $18.97.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

While you're in the ! mood, be sure to check out the woot ! 5pc beverage set, available now!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

bluejester

quality posts: 568 Private Messages bluejester

I have the larger model, but wish I had the cash to get this one. It's a great investment because a properly cared for iron skillet is something you can hand down to future generations.

Imagine it, an older you sitting around a fire, in an easy chair perhaps reading some novel. A grandchild toddles up to you and says, "Grandpa (or grandma as the case may be), can you tell me about Woot again? You know, the place where you got that cool frying pan and your monkey hoard from.

puckbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages puckbert

i asked the partner if we needed a new pan, with an exclamation point on it.

"no. unless i had a bunch, with different letters on them, and i could hang it on the wall and it'd spell out 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!'"

bluejester wrote:It's a great investment because a properly cared for iron skillet is something you can hand down to future generations.

really they're not letting me buy this because we already use the cast iron pans i inherited from my great-grandmother.

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff
puckbert wrote:i asked the partner if we needed a new pan, with an exclamation point on it.

"no. unless i had a bunch, with different letters on them, and i could hang it on the wall and it'd spell out 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!'"really they're not letting me buy this because we already use the cast iron pans i inherited from my great-grandmother.

In the utmost display of insubordination, you should buy TWO! You hang them on the wall with the first one upside down and the second hung by the handle and, POOF! It says " i! "
(NOW who's the boss!!!???!!!)

sskarstad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sskarstad

Excellent for pineapple upsidedown cake. Wish they had a woot 14", woot griddle, and A woot Dutch oven with feet, 8 qt. That is all.

neuropsychosocial

ThunderThighs wrote:BEST. POST.

Three cheers for skillets!

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear
Prngr44 wrote:Sonofabitch I'm a sucker for all things Woot.

Usually it's just wine, but I've been complaining about not having a cast iron skillet.

2 birds with one stone.

I'm in.

Me too , Im a sucker too for all things woot. Welcome to the club lol.

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear

Well I bit the bullet and bought one lol. At least the Uniqueness makes up for the price I bet your sister cant say this is hers lol.

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial

A few words from Dr Lecter to Agent Starling regarding cast-iron skillets:

“Do you have a black iron skillet? You are a southern mountain girl, I can’t imagine you would not. Put it on the kitchen table. Turn on the overhead lights.

Look into the skillet, Clarice. Lean over it and look down. If this were your mother’s skillet, and it well may be, it would hold among its molecules the vibrations of all the conversations ever held in its presence. All the exchanges, the petty irritations, the deadly revelations, the flat announcements of disaster, the grunts and poetry of love.

Sit down at the table, Clarice. Look into the skillet. If it is well cured, it’s a black pool, isn’t it? It’s like looking down a well. Your detailed reflection is not at the bottom, but you loom there, don’t you? The light behind you, there you are in a blackface, with a corona like your hair on fire.

We are elaborations of carbon, Clarice. You and the skillet and Daddy dead in the ground, cold as the skillet. It’s all still there. Listen.”

— Hannibal Lecter sends a letter to Clarice Starling in “Hannibal” by Thomas Harris

skou

quality posts: 21 Private Messages skou
ThunderThighs wrote:We figured out the problem there. Our stock got mixed in with regular stock at the FBA warehouse. All better now.

OK, I got 2, the FIRST time they were available. (Saturday, if I'm not mistaken.)

Yes, they are regular Lodge cast iron pans, with the following changes. (Above the "!" logo, the grain is just a wee bit "tighter," but if you don't know casting iron, you wouldn't understand.) There is a definate "ring" around the edge of the outside base.

Outside of that, you can purchase the same pan, at WallyWorld, or (in Arizona) Fry's grocery for less than $20.

But it won't have the "i" on the bottom. (If you turn it handle up, it'll have the Woot! "!" on the bottom.)

No, I haven't tried branding a burger, panini, or anything else with the "!",! (Try figuring out that exclamation mess!)

If, you want to spend $10 LESS than I did, to get 2, "!" pans, get them! (If I didn't have these 2, I'd be getting more.)

Woot!? Can we get some other "!" branded Cast Iron? Preferrably, made in America? (Which means, more Lodge.)

steve

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked

PRO: Cast iron has become extraordinarily popular among hip, young domestic bloggers.
CON: Cast iron has become extraordinarily popular among hip, young domestic bloggers.

Tehe.

We only got one pan of granmas mixed set, but it is the 12" hmm (and lives on the stove).

spryghte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spryghte

Second time I've seen this here and both times I've found the 12" Lodge Cast Iron Skillet $6 cheaper on both Amazon and Walmart.

skou

redspecial wrote:A few words from Dr Lecter to Agent Starling regarding cast-iron skillets:

“Do you have a black iron skillet? You area southern mountain girl, I can’t imagine you would not. Put it on the kitchen table. Turn on the overhead lights.

Look into the skillet, Clarice. Lean over it and look down. If this were your mother’s skillet, and it well may be, it would hold among its molecules the vibrations of all the conversations ever held in its presence. All the exchanges, the petty irritations, the deadly revelations, the flat announcements of disaster, the grunts and poetry of love.

Sit down at the table, Clarice. Look into the skillet. If it is well cured, it’s a black pool, isn’t it? It’s like looking down a well. Your detailed reflection is not at the bottom, but you loom there, don’t you? The light behind you, there you are in a blackface, with a corona like your hair on fire.

We are elaborations of carbon, Clarice. You and the skillet and Daddy dead in the ground, cold as the skillet. It’s all still there. Listen.”

— Hannibal Lecter sends a letter to Clarice Starling in “Hannibal” by Thomas Harris

OK, this one is just SICK!!

What are you, some kind of Hannibal Lecter follower?

OK truth be known, my (late) mother HATED cast iron cookware. It ALWAYS rusted on her, mainly because she scoured the life out of it, with the STRONGEST cleaner she could find.

DO NOT DO THAT WITH CAST IRON!!

Rinse the cast iron pot (or pan) out with HOT tap water, GENTLY clean it with an almost dead, green pad, and rinse again. If you need to, boil the water and dirty pot (or pan) for a little while, and then hit it with the green pad and some table salt. Soon, the stuff WILL come out.

Now, back to the burner, dry out the pan (or pot.) Add some (walnut, or food-grade flax-seed ) oil, heat it up, and let it dry.

Cast iron has the ONLY replacable non-stick coating. And, it's INEXPENSIVE, too.

steve

skou

spryghte wrote:Second time I've seen this here and both times I've found the 12" Lodge Cast Iron Skillet $6 cheaper on both Amazon and Walmart.

Yeah, but you're NOT getting the Woot! "!",!

Try getting THAT at Wally-World.

(Yes, except for the "!", and the fire ring, they are the same thing. And, a LOT cheaper.)

steve

skou

wilcononomous wrote:time to git yer learn on.

It's NOT Saturday.

Looks like Monday or Tuesday, depending on your zip code.

steve

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo
skou wrote:It's NOT Saturday.

Looks like Monday or Tuesday, depending on your zip code.

steve

For that matter, this is not home.woot it's sellout.woot.

But there's a reason for this, it's because that video is a blast from the past. More specifically, from the first time they offered the Woot! skillet.

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom

You assume the people who want to post that will bother reading any previous messages. If that were true, it would only have been posted once on previous sales.

ThunderThighs

Staff

spryghte wrote:Second time I've seen this here and both times I've found the 12" Lodge Cast Iron Skillet $6 cheaper on both Amazon and Walmart.

Whoa. Nobody has ever reported that before. Thank you for sharing!

FORUM MODERATOR

thurin

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thurin

Give two stoners the bird, it's more fun,

d3w4yn3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages d3w4yn3

With the impending ban on all firearms, this may save your life! I've seen Tangled (TM)(C)(R), and this, my friends, is the future of personal defense weaponry! Just think, you could put five of these babies on a trebuchet and take down a herd of charging elephants!

pureval

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pureval

The con about eggs sticking to cast iron is incorrect. If you have properly seasoned your cast iron pan eggs will not stick to it at all. The best technique I have found is to cook the eggs in the grease left over from the bacon. Non stick and extra tasty too.

It puts the crap inside the bag or it gets the hose again.

joebobmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joebobmel

I bought one back in April 2012. It has held a proud spot on the stove ever since. We use it a minimum of three days per week. The continuation of the seasoning is amazing. Clean up is a breeze, just add some hot water, run the scratchy sponge around, rinse and dry. Never use soap.

STEVESKI07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages STEVESKI07

http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-L10SK3-12-Inch-Pre-Seasoned-Skillet/dp/B00006JSUB/

So Woot charges $11 more for a dent in the middle of a pan and for free advertising? I think there's a reason every other pan in the world has a flat surface rather than an uneven surface, because it cooks better.