WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

"Pan"demonium

Hey, don't make the same mistake we did. These pans? They're solid. Really solid. Like, don't playfully whack one of your co-workers on the head like a Tom & Jerry cartoon. It only ends badly.
Regal Ware official site

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Which cartoon pan-on-the head moment is your favorite? I'm thinking Jessica and Roger Rabbit...you?

I'm just hanging out, really.

smartheart


quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

I bought some Regal American Kitchen pans from Woot recently and while I haven't used them yet, they look beautiful. And I expect them to perform with distinction.

Not sure if the offerings in this @130 set are part of Regal's American Kitchen line.

Are the pots and pans in this set tri-ply in the sense of a stainless steel vessel on the exterior and interior with aluminum sandwiched in between them continuously on the sides and bottom?

More questions....
1. What is the nonstick material used on 2 of these pans.
2. What nonstick coatings perform well and are regarded as safer than teflon? Is there a heirarcy of performance? of safety?


"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

metfoo


quality posts: 1 Private Messages metfoo

The tri-ply, or 700 series have metal lids. These are all glass, so they are the lower end series.


I have the 10" nonstick and ordered the 8 and 12 last week (hopefully delivery this week). Ive had the 10" for a few months now and really like it. It works great, which is why i ordered the other 2 sizes. It is non PFOA, which is what I think you were looking for.

The nonstick pans are also 700 series. I've seen little info on the saucier, but decided to get one before its too late. The double boiler is single ply, as triply isnt needed. I have that and the steamer. I would like to add a second steamer basket if possible. I'd also like to see the everyday pan comeback and some of their bakewear.



smartheart wrote:I bought some Regal American Kitchen pans from Woot recently and while I haven't used them yet, they look beautiful. And I expect them to perform with distinction.

Not sure if the offerings in this @130 set are part of Regal's American Kitchen line.

Are the pots and pans in this set tri-ply in the sense of a stainless steel vessel on the exterior and interior with aluminum sandwiched in between them continuously on the sides and bottom?

More questions....
1. What is the nonstick material used on 2 of these pans.
2. What nonstick coatings perform well and are regarded as safer than teflon? Is there a heirarcy of performance? of safety?


geekychickz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages geekychickz

According to the Amazon link, these are handwash only: http://www.amazon.com/American-Kitchen-10-Piece-Stainless-Cookware/dp/B001E01DQU

Can someone please clarify? If they are dishwasher safe for sure, i'm in for 1.

metfoo


quality posts: 1 Private Messages metfoo

They do say they're dishwasher safe. Its always best to handwash though. They clean very easily

geekychickz wrote:According to the Amazon link, these are handwash only: http://www.amazon.com/American-Kitchen-10-Piece-Stainless-Cookware/dp/B001E01DQU

Can someone please clarify? If they are dishwasher safe for sure, i'm in for 1.



eisralowitz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eisralowitz

Do u think the saucier w function similarly to a wok?

Dodey23


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Dodey23

Bought this saucier from a previous woot. They changed the description this time around(and apparently on the old post http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5187902 ), as I was tricked along with others that it was tri-ply throughout and it disappointingly came as the currently described "aluminum core base."

At least they were diligent this time around.

Got a matching lid for it off the regalware website w/free shipping so that made me feel a bit better.

C'mon carp!

craigthom


quality posts: 61 Private Messages craigthom
eisralowitz wrote:Do u think the saucier w function similarly to a wok?



I do not. The sides look too steep to use them for getting food out of the bottom.