WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Drink it In: Caffeine Delivery Systems

Do I like coffee? No, of course not. Coffee is bitter and disgusting. But it has caffeine, and that I do love very very much. So sure, I'll drink coffee. I'll drink tea. I'll drink yerba mate even though it tastes like dirt. Just give me my fix!

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ThunderThighs wrote:Coffee, tea, or me? That's your only choices here, folks. And remember, please return something or someone to their upright, locked position prior to posting.
I'm just hanging out, really.

indacelio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages indacelio

I'm popping in here mainly about the grinder. Been needing a new grinder for a little while; mine is stuck and can't be pushed all the way to full Turkish/espresso. Has anyone used this model?

meanjoeira

quality posts: 4 Private Messages meanjoeira

Maybe a milk frother next coffee theme?

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

The Capresso 580.01 Burr Grinder is $43 w/ free shipping at Big Daddy Amazon. But the reviews are only 2 1/2 stars. However, almost none of the burr grinders--which are better than blade grinders--seem highly rated. And from what I read the burr grinders take more time and effort to maintain though they are favored by coffee afficandos.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

caffeine_dude

quality posts: 13 Private Messages caffeine_dude

I am hear for the grinder, or grinders in general. Do all grinders produce static electricity in the winter that makes the coffee grounds stick to everything? Mine does, and I have only used one my entire life.

TIA

Please don't delete this post, I am trying, honest!

saromas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saromas
indacelio wrote:I'm popping in here mainly about the grinder. Been needing a new grinder for a little while; mine is stuck and can't be pushed all the way to full Turkish/espresso. Has anyone used this model?

I have this model and I like it. You do have to clean it regularly or it will clog and not run. Cleaning is fast and easy with the brush they provide... just messy.

bengmur

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bengmur

I got the same Krups espresso machine at Costco for the same price (it wasn't listed on their website, even when I bought it in store after seeing it in person a month prior). While this isn't the greatest "deal", I would definitely recommend it for a basic pump machine.

wrodie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrodie

DO you think this coffee maker will last any longer than the Wolfgang P model I had to throw away after 6 months?

maltzaroo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maltzaroo

Bought the Capresso coffeemaker 2 or 3 weeks ago. Great! No problems. Easy to use and coffee tastes great etc. Highly recommend.

walmark

quality posts: 1 Private Messages walmark
indacelio wrote:I'm popping in here mainly about the grinder. Been needing a new grinder for a little while; mine is stuck and can't be pushed all the way to full Turkish/espresso. Has anyone used this model?

580 is rubbish. I bought it here about 6-months ago. Very little difference between "coarse" and "fine" settings, and "finest" is nowhere near espresso grind! It's "OK" if you want to use it with drip/percolator and have fresh ground every morning (though probably not worth the cleaning/maintenance over blade), but not suitable for espresso. Strangely enough, when I called Capresso to complain, they themselves said I should have bought the 560 model...

vonzipper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vonzipper

Better Quote:
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the Beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

yourskeptic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yourskeptic

I have an old Capresso Burr grinder - at least 5 years running. I hardly ever clean it. There is virtually no static. It works as well today as it did 5 years ago.

spike443

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spike443

Regarding the grinder:

"Handsome brushed stainless steel housing"

Huh?

polkmc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages polkmc

Krups XP3200 Pump Espresso = leaky leaky

wootod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootod
spike443 wrote:Regarding the grinder:

"Handsome brushed stainless steel housing"

Huh?

looks like description was pulled for the 585 model. there are 2 models, black 580 & the stainless steel 585. this is a good price/machine, bought previous woot, however it's the 585 with the MSRP of $59.99, the 580 is $49.99

http://www.capresso.com/coffee-grinders-burr-stainless-steel.shtml