4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

cmeej

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cmeej

http://kenrockwell.com/audio/sony/rdp-x500ip.htm

Ken Rockwell loves it. Bit more than I would pay with the new connector and all. If you are buying for a 30pin, it is a solid choice.

crunchybrownstar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crunchybrownstar

One day there just might be systems offered on this site for devices other than Apple. Maybe Android? Maybe?

jamieinoc

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jamieinoc

I love Sony audio products! Their speakers, headphones, Bluray players, etc. are great! I definitely recommend these. I tried them out at the Sony Style store, and they are pretty nice sounding. And good looking.

crisss1205

quality posts: 5 Private Messages crisss1205
crunchybrownstar wrote:One day there just might be systems offered on this site for devices other than Apple. Maybe Android? Maybe?

There really are no devices for Android. I think iHome makes a few, but that is pretty much it. Mostly because it is impossible to make a dock for Android that works all devices.

thenativesarerestless

quality posts: 7 Private Messages thenativesarerestless

I was interested but now I'm a bit confused. Features seem to indicate all 30pin idevices could be accomodated. Specs say not so much. Looks like iPod touch 4 is one of the devices that won't get full dock benefits. Am I reading this right??

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Maury must be created by the same woot writer/artist that cobbles together "That's So Teddy."

XD

Not complaining, just observing. Poor Maury.

crowleychick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crowleychick

Just bought a Bose Soundock the other day, but looking now at this instead. For my android, I purchased the Patuoxun Bluetooth A2DP Music Audio Receiver Adapter for 30-Pin iPod iPhone Dock Speaker from Amazon. Got it in today, and it worked great with the Bose, so I imagine it should here too. You must have a dock that charges which this one also does. Cheap way for a bluetooth!

soundxli

quality posts: 2 Private Messages soundxli

One Amazon reviewer complained about an auto-shutoff feature on this dock. I thought this was strange because my JBL and Bose docks never shut off unless I lose grid power. So I found the RDP-X500iP owner's manual and confirmed that it does have an auto-shutoff after 20 mins. of non-use.

Power management system
After playback of the iPod (or component connected to AUDIO IN jack) has finished, if no operation is performed for about 20 minutes, the unit will automatically turn off.

Most reviews seem favorable and a PCMAG review said the bass response is so strong that it will rock itself off a tabletop. So I guess I'll have to find room for yet another dock before I push the big gold button...

hmarkarian

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hmarkarian

I picked this up for $99 from Woot last week. The sound is great (especially for the size) and easily fills our large living room.

Some notes:
If you play music with heavy base at max volume, the vibrations will cause the dock to take a walk.

The dock doesn't have Bluetooth or airplay and due to the digital audio connection you won't be able to plug in a standard 30 pin Bluetooth receiver. This is a bummer. You CAN add a Bluetooth audio-jack adapter, but that would require extra power cables and detract from the docks svelte good looks.

The ios app for this dock is pretty great.

hmarkarian

crowleychick wrote:Just bought a Bose Soundock the other day, but looking now at this instead. For my android, I purchased the Patuoxun Bluetooth A2DP Music Audio Receiver Adapter for 30-Pin iPod iPhone Dock Speaker from Amazon. Got it in today, and it worked great with the Bose, so I imagine it should here too. You must have a dock that charges which this one also does. Cheap way for a bluetooth!

The CoolStream Bluetooth Receiver on Amazon implied that it's "Not compatible with docking stations with digital audio in such as Bose SoundDock Portable, Sony RDP-X500iP and Philips Fidelio DS9000."

I had given up hope that I could connect wirelessly with the Sony. I'll give the Patuoxun a try. Thanks!

herr1224

quality posts: 0 Private Messages herr1224

Take it for what it is, Apple screwing third party companies by forcing them to sellout their new 30 pin speaker docks and letting the tech savvy and frugal people of WOOT! Take advantage. On a side note, this speaker dock is great for both android and ipod users, you just need to accommodate or buy adapters for what the system lacks ie. Bluetooth and USB port for android users.

copple1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages copple1

I'm not tech savvy so need help. I have the latest model nano (7th gen) and latest IPod touch (4th gen). The specs on this don't mention compatibility with either of those. Am I missing something? Are they compatible?

Nell4620

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Nell4620
hmarkarian wrote:

The ios app for this dock is pretty great.

I got this off Woot before - what's the app name? Tks.

Nell4620

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Nell4620

I have one of these from a prior Woot. It works well, but it's not my favorite - it's in the spare room for guests to use as charger and player. I don't like the cloth covering which actually moves around when you position the thing.
My absolute favorite music player is the Logitech Squeezebox Boom that streams music from my computer via wifi - it also plays internet radio. It's pricey, but it has the best, strongest and truest, sound I've heard - even better than Bose, IMO.

ginkgo6764

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ginkgo6764

J

herr1224 wrote:Take it for what it is, Apple screwing third party companies by forcing them to sellout their new 30 pin speaker docks and letting the tech savvy and frugal people of WOOT! Take advantage. On a side note, this speaker dock is great for both android and ipod users, you just need to accommodate or buy adapters for what the system lacks ie. Bluetooth and USB port for android users.

Is there a USB port? I didn't see that in the specs. If there is, I would think there shouldn't be a problem connecting a device other than Apple

mbflye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbflye

The Sony Sony RDPXF300iP 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock is blue tooth and portable.

I have had mine for a month or so and it is awesome. It also has a FM radio.

vze2hnvz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages vze2hnvz
Nell4620 wrote:I got this off Woot before - what's the app name? Tks.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/d-sappli/id416030022?mt=8

michael2255

quality posts: 5 Private Messages michael2255

Bought two for 99 each last time; two at 89 would make it that much better!

michael2255

quality posts: 5 Private Messages michael2255

Ignoring the massive installed base of 30 pin devices, eh?

herr1224 wrote:Take it for what it is, Apple screwing third party companies by forcing them to sellout their new 30 pin speaker docks and letting the tech savvy and frugal people of WOOT! Take advantage. On a side note, this speaker dock is great for both android and ipod users, you just need to accommodate or buy adapters for what the system lacks ie. Bluetooth and USB port for android users.

xtreemsaver

quality posts: 2 Private Messages xtreemsaver

I bought this a few weeks ago when it was 99$.I love it! It sounds great,very clear, deep bass.

xtreemsaver

ginkgo6764 wrote:J

Is there a USB port? I didn't see that in the specs. If there is, I would think there shouldn't be a problem connecting a device other than Apple

No USB port. But it does have an aux jack.

xtreemsaver

copple1 wrote:I'm not tech savvy so need help. I have the latest model nano (7th gen) and latest IPod touch (4th gen). The specs on this don't mention compatibility with either of those. Am I missing something? Are they compatible?

yes it is compatable, use it with my 4th gen ipod everyday.

sneedjr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sneedjr

Just bought this a week ago from a big box store for almost twice as much. Was impressed with how it sounded at that price, but even more at this price. You won't find a better bang for your buck at this price. Taking mine back to the big box store!!!

hmarkarian

Nell4620 wrote:I got this off Woot before - what's the app name? Tks.

The app is "D-Sappli" - the dock should prompt you to download the app as soon as you plug your ios device in.

The7ofDiamonds

quality posts: 3 Private Messages The7ofDiamonds

I got myself one of these off of Woot a little while ago. I think I got it for around $150? Might have been a lot less. Either way, it was money well spent.

I use this daily at work and the most incredible thing is how loud and full the sound is for the size of the unit. The downside would be that it has to be plugged in, there is no battery option. And getting the hang of the remote took a little getting used to (the remote itself is good, but I had some issues initially getting it to work with my phone - I think it was a timing thing for when I started the app and when I was using the screen vs the remote, it works great now though).

The remote works pretty well but doesn't work fully with all my apps. It works fully with the default music player on the phone, and also with the audiogalaxy app. It doesn't work with iRadio fully. I can't seem to get it to pause, but it does adjust the volume and you can skip back and forwards the same you could by pressing some of the buttons on the screen.

Overall, this is a great value and that's mainly because of one factor - the sound quality for the price, and for the size is just fantastic. The only complaint, and this is being really picky, I would have about the sound would be that it's fairly unidirectional, it projects sound best towards where the speakers are facing, it's not going to be as loud if you're standing behind the speakers.... but I don't know how true that is of other units... so maybe this is a regular thing. I don't think you could ask for a sound this great for this price, and also have it be omnidirectional.

sawhite79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sawhite79

In for one as soon as they're down to a dirt cheap $40 or so. I'm clinging to my 4S and have one still new and boxed for if my current phone breaks. The iPhone5 is gross, so I'll never update -- and when this 30-pin gadget is obsolete to everyone else, I will be victorious!

assidreign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages assidreign
soundxli wrote:One Amazon reviewer complained about an auto-shutoff feature on this dock. I thought this was strange because my JBL and Bose docks never shut off unless I lose grid power. So I found the RDP-X500iP owner's manual and confirmed that it does have an auto-shutoff after 20 mins. of non-use.

Power management system
After playback of the iPod (or component connected to AUDIO IN jack) has finished, if no operation is performed for about 20 minutes, the unit will automatically turn off.

Most reviews seem favorable and a PCMAG review said the bass response is so strong that it will rock itself off a tabletop. So I guess I'll have to find room for yet another dock before I push the big gold button...

I purchased this dock a few weeks ago off here for $99.99 and love it! The sound is amazing, especially at this price. The bass response is fabulous, and, yes, in return, this has the potential to rock the dock off a table. I had mine sitting on a chair for a moment while cleaning the other day, and was listening to some deep bass tunes by Beats Antique, and next thing I know, the speaker dock crashed to the floor. No damage, but FYI, secure dock when listening to deep bass.

Another thing I wanted to comment on was the auto shut-off after 20 mins. This just means that if your playlist is over and no music had played in 20 mins, the power automatically turns off on the speaker. Doesn't seem like such a bad feature to me....

willie92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willie92
Nell4620 wrote:...even better than Bose, IMO.

Not a real high bar there...