WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Fluffernutter Sandwich?
  • 35.5% - HECK! YEAH! 431
  • 23.2% - NO! WAY! 282
  • 41.2% - What are you even talking about 500
1213 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

btpaschke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btpaschke

GRILLED fluffernutter with banana....

ugomona

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ugomona
btpaschke wrote:GRILLED fluffernutter with banana....

Yum. Grilled, with Jif peanut butter chocolate. Oh my...so bad...yet so good.

powerelite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powerelite

The thought of adding marshmallow cream to anything (especially a peanut butter sandwich) is just sick and wrong.

MJR

nlwauson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nlwauson

First fluffernutter sandwich I ever had was at my first Dragon Con in Atlanta years and years ago. The ultimate in sandwich for the geek on the go.

vlegran

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vlegran

Put it under the broiler for just a minute til the marshmallow turns golden!

SpeedySloth

quality posts: 5 Private Messages SpeedySloth

I hate to admit I am betraying my own Mass. heritage, but I cannot stand the diabetic-coma inducing concoction called the "Fluffernutter." I sounds so innocuous and maybe even tasty, and the next thing you know, you're on the floor and some EMT is trying to find my veins. Everything was going gangbusters until I mentioned the sandwich. Then the medical people began to give me a shot or three of insulin. No harm done, but I'll pass on the Fluff (made in Massachusetts, so you know it's good), and save it for the undernourished string beans of kiddies.

ikelerda85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ikelerda85

How can anyone answer anything but "HECK YEA!!!"? I even made the Never fail fudge recipe on the back for Christmas!

TheDagda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheDagda

I thought a fluffer was some job position in the adult movie industry...why would I want a sandwich named after that?

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Sheena3745

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Sheena3745

I was about to ask what was in it when I read a few people mention peanut butter. Since I can't stand the stuff (horribly bitter to my buds), the rest of the ingredients are irrelevant.

pmb01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pmb01

It is now impossible to make a Fluffernutter. It is required that they be created with white Wonder bread that was made by the Hostess Baking Company which is no longer in business. Anything else is just a fluff and peanut butter sandwich. May they rest in peace.

lhbhatten

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lhbhatten

Fluffernutter graham crackers are scrumptious.

bex8683

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bex8683

I'm pregnant, and this made me crave a fluffernutter sandwich.
Good thing I have fluff left in the house from some Christmas recipes.

sylverfyre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sylverfyre

Fluffernutter with Nutella instead of peanut butter.

walkaj12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages walkaj12
btpaschke wrote:GRILLED fluffernutter with banana....

Thats a good hangover fix!

walkaj12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages walkaj12

If you don't know what this is......your childhood must have been horrible!

laeggerichs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laeggerichs
lhbhatten wrote:Fluffernutter graham crackers are scrumptious.

Agreed!

laeggerichs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laeggerichs

I'll take a PB and Banana sandwich made with real peanut butter (peanuts and salt only) and Dave's Killer Bread over a Fluffernutter any day. Fluffernutters are just too sweet.

rainbowsurfer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rainbowsurfer

Do you remember the song?

"It takes two hands to hold a fluffernuter;It takes two hands to hold a fluffernuter;It takes two hands to hold a fluffernuter;...

... and I can't remember the rest of the words...

Natalie
Arlington, VA

txpecmakr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages txpecmakr
ugomona wrote:Yum. Grilled, with Jif peanut butter chocolate. Oh my...so bad...yet so good.

I live those unusual sandwiches and the article has renewed my love of them in the various forms. They were always good and everyone wanted To try on savoy or sweet they were all good n a d taste. Goog ones can't be mass
Produced and kids have to help. Experiment! That is the key.

reffu42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reffu42
sylverfyre wrote:Fluffernutter with Nutella instead of peanut butter.

This was always awesome as a kid. It's like a s'more in a sandwich. Too bad (or in terms of my health good I guess) that we rarely had Nutella around the house.

bblhed

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bblhed

They still sell Fluff? I thought that stuff died in the 70's, I guess not or woot! is trying to trick me.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Free falling fluffer
(skip to 06:00)

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
laeggerichs wrote:I'll take a PB and Banana sandwich made with real peanut butter (peanuts and salt only) and Dave's Killer Bread over a Fluffernutter any day. Fluffernutters are just too sweet.

Add bacon and grill it and you have an Elvis.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
powerelite wrote:The thought of adding marshmallow cream to anything (especially a peanut butter sandwich) is just sick and wrong.

The thought of marshmallow cream is just sick and wrong.

Brevity is the soul of good writing.