0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Sunsparc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sunsparc

Just paid $10 more two weeks ago. What the hell, Woot?

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

These are $5 less than they were two weeks ago. Lots of great comments and ideas for using Lock n' Lock in the previous thread.

BPA-free; the tabs are super-sturdy; great at keeping humidity out and freshness in; seriously liquid-proof. These don't nest, but I find the sizes to be significantly more useful than the nesting ones and they're easier to fit into a lunchbox.

If you don't have any Lock&Lock, join the great woot tradition and see what it's all about!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Chairman57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chairman57

yup, I would have to agree. It sucks that I paid 5 bucks more just a couple of weeks ago. Woot could have held off a few more weeks before rubbing our noses in it
Merry Xmas.......sucker

jamieinoc

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jamieinoc

I have these, and they are great! You can put anything in them, and the fact that the are BPA free appeals to my inner hipster. In all seriousness though, this is a great product at an even better price. Who knew Woot could go so low on some of these products?

WhoCares742

quality posts: 2 Private Messages WhoCares742

How do these compare to the Snapware set that was on Woot a few month ago?

pentiumjen

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pentiumjen
WhoCares742 wrote:How do these compare to the Snapware set that was on Woot a few month ago?

Lock & Lock is superior to Snapware. I've had both and the tabs on the Snapware literally snap off and the tops become useless. I trashed all my Snapware.

voovfeegbean

quality posts: 4 Private Messages voovfeegbean

I'm a fan, BIG fan, of Lock&Lock. Looking to replace my old ones, those that DID melt in the microwave with tomato sauces, etc. Probably 10 years old, QVC days (tho they are still on there). Oh, they still work, but are messy looking.

Seriously the best storage containers I've ever used.

skibum4ever

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skibum4ever

Where are these made - China or Vietnam or somewhere else???

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Price Drop: Sorry you're unhappy about the price drop. Every retailer (including Woot) is dropping prices post Christmas. It's time to clear out the inventory. That's what sellout.woot is all about.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

prncplanet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages prncplanet
skibum4ever wrote:Where are these made - China or Vietnam or somewhere else???

China

wasserkapf

quality posts: 19 Private Messages wasserkapf

I also got this set from previous woot.

Lots of tiny containers. I would never save such small amounts of food. Either eat it or toss it out!

dauc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dauc

Measurements show that these are a little on the small side, but I picked some up to add to the glass I already have and to get rid of some of the other older plastic storage containers. I'm sure I will find uses for them other than just food.

camarojunky67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages camarojunky67

The containers are a waste of money. I paid 27 bucks two weeks ago with shipping and tax. They are too small to put leftovers in them. I should have bought the set at Costco.

krbngrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krbngrl

Do these nest or are they the older ones that don't? I LOVE these, but the ones that don't nest for storage are a huge pain.

zarchitect

quality posts: 4 Private Messages zarchitect

Fantastic set but like some others said - these are on the small side for leftovers. Unless you store tiny portions of things like small snacks for kids - most will be unused. The larger ones are always in use in our house and yes - they're SUPER strong! Soup dropped from counter height has no spills (and it bounced a few times). Highly recommend but think how you will use it HO! HO! HO!

karena1990

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karena1990
zarchitect wrote:Fantastic set but like some others said - these are on the small side for leftovers. Unless you store tiny portions of things like small snacks for kids - most will be unused. The larger ones are always in use in our house and yes - they're SUPER strong! Soup dropped from counter height has no spills (and it bounced a few times). Highly recommend but think how you will use it first.

i am wondering these are plastic or glass???

BadThad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BadThad
karena1990 wrote:i am wondering these are plastic or glass???

Plastic, great containers. My wife uses the small ones all the time for her salad dressing, she brings a salad to work.

andreanugget

quality posts: 2 Private Messages andreanugget

I bought a set of these about a year ago, one of the best woot purchases I've ever made. Yes, there are small containers. I use the really small ones for sauces or the like when I pack lunches at work. They are fantastic for storage and transport.

aualum10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aualum10

I second the comment about salad dressings and other small condiments. Additionally, I love these for homemade baby food purees and such. I bought these on a previous Woot and, despite the price having been slightly higher, am glad I did. The fact that they don't nest is a MINOR annoyance; much less annoying than broken lids/lunch spills! I wish I needed another set; these are great!

bmwbig6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bmwbig6

So what is the primary difference (other than material) between these and say Pyrex glassware containers? (I mean, if I already have Pyrex containers, why should I be interested in these?)

galapogos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages galapogos

These are super sturdy and well made plastic containers. However, they are not practical for food storage because of their random, tiny sizes.

If you want these for food storage you may be disappointed but mark my words...they will contain the everloving gift out of your food. I mean really really hold on to it safely for you.

JavaDevelop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JavaDevelop

Are all pieces dishwasher safe?

Shawn Valle

bc3213

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bc3213

Are they stackable?

scook48227

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scook48227

Like a lot of others, I paid an extra $5 bucks for these 2 weeks ago from Woot!
Why to make us feel cheated for buying too soon!

stella1122

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stella1122
JavaDevelop wrote:Are all pieces dishwasher safe?

Yes, they are all the same material, just different sizes. I have washed mine in both the upper and lower racks with no problem. I have had mine for 18 months or so, and they still look brand new. I highly recommend this product. I may need some more at this price.

michugana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michugana

For those that bought these 2 weeks ago, you shouldn't feel cheated. They're only here because they didn't sell out and there was no way for you to know whether they would sell out two weeks ago. If they had sold out, they wouldn't be here and you'd be kicking yourself for not getting them then.

caryatid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages caryatid

Bought a set a couple weeks ago to try out, and now I am buying 3 more.

The large/med sizes are great for food, and the smaller sizes are perfect for organization, travel snacks, and mini first aid kits to toss in gym bags.

LaVikinga

quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga
bc3213 wrote:Are they stackable?

By the photo, I'd say they can be stacked. What I want to know is can they be nested one inside the other?

I bought the set of the four white ceramic(?) bowls from woot and was extremely disappointed to find two tabs snapped off one of the lids after less than a month of gentle use of refrigerator/top rack dishwasher use. I'm hoping it was just a fluke.

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

kmontrose

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kmontrose
ThunderThighs wrote:Price Drop: Sorry you're unhappy about the price drop. Every retailer (including Woot) is dropping prices post Christmas. It's time to clear out the inventory. That's what sellout.woot is all about.

I don't get why people always complain when there's price drop. Do you go into Macy's and complain when there's a clearance sticker on the shirt you bought two weeks ago? Get over it!

kmontrose

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kmontrose
LaVikinga wrote:By the photo, I'd say they can be stacked. What I want to know is can they be nested one inside the other?

I bought the set of the four white ceramic(?) bowls from woot and was extremely disappointed to find two tabs snapped off one of the lids after less than a month of gentle use of refrigerator/top rack dishwasher use. I'm hoping it was just a fluke.

I bought this set a couple of months back. They can nest, but only the large to small. For example, I store the smallest rectangular one inside the medium rectangular one inside the large rectangular one. Still the set takes up a lot of room in the drawer because of all the small ones that can't nest. I still like the set and I have found a surprising number of uses for those tiny containers. Perfect for the garage to store nuts, bolts, screws, nails etc. I'm seriously considering buying another set, even if I chuck the tiny ones. This price is worth it just for the large and medium ones.

nicoble

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nicoble

tiny containers are perfect for babies and toddlers- even small kids can open them on their own- great for daycare - they also make terrific storage containers for craft items- for regular food portions you might want larger capacity

wasserkapf wrote:I also got this set from previous woot.

Lots of tiny containers. I would never save such small amounts of food. Either eat it or toss it out!

lakelady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lakelady

I bought my second set of these a couple weeks ago and was surprised they didn't sell out. Between two sets of these and some of the nesting Lock and Lock we are approaching overload here, but I'm still tempted..........must resist.

I use the small sizes to store bits and pieces of leftovers to put in soup. They also hold homemade spice mixes and rubs.

2late4u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2late4u

i bought these a long time ago and really like them,i use the small ones when i make soup or speg. sauce as the perfect size for just 1person or 2 just pop them in the microwave from the freezer (just undo the tabs first). ready to go.you will not be sorry picking these up.i dont need any more but this is a real good deal

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather

For those of you complaining about the small sizes. Do you not store onions in the fridge? Sometimes carry snacks during car rides? Sneak food into the movies? Need to store a small amount of sugar for coffee at your desk?

The small ones are good for all of that and more. True, they do kind of overload you in this set, but I just give away any surplus that I find myself with.

And maybe I'm just a stingy-pants, but I never throw out leftovers so long as there is a single serving left. Anything more than three bites is going in the fridge.

etherium

quality posts: 23 Private Messages etherium

I was looking for small, clear plastic containers to store small items in. These are much cheaper than buying all the little boxes separately. And if I don't need all the boxes, I can always gift some.

In for 3 sets. And since I am in Texas, I was able to use the TAXSUCKS code and save $5. Thanks Woot!

wvutkep1002

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wvutkep1002

I missed the last two times this was offered and thought I missed the boat, glad to see it's back.

On the size issue; there are still some larger container sets in plastic, glass and ceramic at their site (www.locknlockplace.com) they are only taking orders until 1/12 then they are no longer selling direct on their website. huge discounts.

I just keep buying more and more crap...

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather
wvutkep1002 wrote:I missed the last two times this was offered and thought I missed the boat, glad to see it's back.

On the size issue; there are still some larger container sets in plastic, glass and ceramic at their site (www.locknlockplace.com) they are only taking orders until 1/12 then they are no longer selling direct on their website. huge discounts.

Holy crapola! Thanks for pointing that out! I hadn't been to their site in a while and hadn't heard the news.

eyaknad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eyaknad
wasserkapf wrote:I also got this set from previous woot.

I make my own condiments sometimes - sauces, dips, salad dressings, etc. The little containers are great for that

karengroovy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages karengroovy

Re: what to do with all the little ones, right now we've got some in the fridge that are holding: half an onion, 3/4 of a red pepper, some peppermint fudge, half a pear, and bacon grease. When I got mine a few woots ago, I thought I'd never use all those little containers, but now that i"m used to having them I find I go looking for one when they're all already in use. The inability to stack used to frustrate me more, but now that i'm used to that, I just put all the little rounds in one of the big containers, and the little squares in another. They aren't nested but they're still contained together, works for me. I have a few sets and almost never have all of the biggest size in use (though they are awesome for taking cupcakes or muffins to school or work - you can easily fit a dozen in there, and the handle on top makes carrying the box a cinch).