4%
6%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

jamieinoc

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jamieinoc

Nice speakers, great deal. 4.5 stars in our favorite rainforest: http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Take-Classic-Pack-Theater/dp/B0021L9BME

smigit2002

quality posts: 11 Private Messages smigit2002

These sound pretty decent, wish I had bought them at this price rather than the $175 back in September.

As many will state, these obviously need to be paired with a subwoofer.

I personally have them matched with a SUB-1200 from Dayton Audio, but many others will suggest the Polk PSW-110, PSW-505, and Yamaha's YST-SW315.

All are great subs, the latter being more expensive, but certainly nice.

Anyways, enjoy!

ShadowTech

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ShadowTech

Also bought these in September when they were $50 more.. wish I would have waited.

That said, I am still pleased with the speakers, they sound great, especially with a Dayton Audio powered sub.

\o/

cshun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cshun

Are these wireless?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cshun wrote:Are these wireless?

No, they're wired. If you go to the sale's detail page, there's a photo showing the back of the speakers.

tonyp063

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonyp063
cshun wrote:Are these wireless?

They are not.

cshun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cshun
ThunderThighs wrote:No, they're wired. If you go to the sale's detail page, there's a photo showing the back of the speakers.

Thanks!

Enti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Enti

Picked these up the last time around.
It would be very difficult to find better quality from a 5-channel set of speakers in this price range

whs9715

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whs9715

Great set of speakers for the price... Here's the Amazon Link for the Sub that comes with the full 5.1 Classic set:

http://www.amazon.com/Energy-ESW-8HG-watt-Classic-subwoofer/dp/B00287HXIA

babystewie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages babystewie

Just got these at new egg and I love it. Awesome sound. Get a 10" sub., rather than an 8".

word2yamother

quality posts: 1 Private Messages word2yamother
Enti wrote:Picked these up the last time around.
It would be very difficult to find better quality from a 5-channel set of speakers in this price range

Agreed. I bought these earlier this month and I'm very happy with them. The clarity and crispness of these speakers is amazing for the price. I'm running them with an Onkyo receiver and supplementing them with bass from an old JBL sub that I hope to replace soon. You've got to pair these speakers with a sub.

Bunnies Ogling Carrots - 4/25/12 - 1/19/12 - 1/25/11 - 3/26/10 - 12/25/08 - 11/20/08 - 6/1/07 - 4/1/07 - 3/23/07 - 1/31/07

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Trying to figure out who is in the photo in the writeup. At first I thought John Cleese. But it also looks a bit like Paul McCartney. Or one of those other Brits who made a splash in the 60s.

gatordri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gatordri

is woot secure to buy from?

and do you need recievers with these?
if it does, whats the best one?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
gatordri wrote:is woot secure to buy from?

Yes.

I'm just hanging out, really.

hunter306

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hunter306

Love these little speakers! Ordered them last time around at this price and paired them with a Polk PSW110 from Amazon which was on Sale for 79.99. Hung the front 3 with the VideoSecu Ball mounts from amazon, and they work great in our small media room. They are not powerful (as expected) on the low-end, so for a full range sound you absolutely need a subwoofer.

Vetterin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vetterin
dannoc868 wrote:Energy is a very good speaker manufacturer. Solid engineering. A lot of great speakers come from our Canadian brothers.

Can you say Klipsch? Excellent deal!

whs9715

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whs9715
gatordri wrote:is woot secure to buy from?

and do you need recievers with these?
if it does, whats the best one?

I'm using a Denon AVR-1912... They sound AWESOME

devilsmage

quality posts: 1 Private Messages devilsmage

I have owned this set for over a year now and purchased them on another website for 175$ I believe.

This system crushes other systems in the price range of 150-400$ (No sub systems). I HIGHLY recommend this system of you want surround sound.

Zero complaints. Buy it.

mniappa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mniappa

How do these speakers compare with Boston Acoustics speakers from Denon Boston accoustics deal ?

corysterrett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages corysterrett
inkycatz wrote:Yes.

That's exactly what a Woot! employee would say!
HaHaHa!

But, yes they are secure. They have taken a lot of my money and I've received plenty of their stuph.

thomasterrible

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thomasterrible

These are great speakers! Very nice quality. No they are not wireless but have nice gold plated posts for the speaker wire. Though wireless is cool and convenient you are much more likely to get the best sound from wired speakers. There is a Take 5.1 system that comes with a powered sub that I bought for a bit under $300 last year. They have performed excellent with my home theater used as the center channel and surround speakers. I have a 7.1 surround system as I also added a pair of Energy CF-30 tower speakers in the front. There are many powered subwoofer choices including some from Energy that would work great with these. These are much better than your average surround speakers and do not distort even at loud volumes. They won an a award from CNET for best "budget" surround speaker deal (the Take 5.1 system). http://reviews.cnet.com/surround-speaker-systems/energy-take-classic-5/4505-7868_7-33310963.html#!

The Pioneer speakers mentioned in that review have also appeared here in pairs which are an awesome value when they come up but larger and more expensive.

The only negative at all is their glossy black finish which looks great but is somewhat delicate as far as avoiding scratching, though if mounted as surround speakers and cleaned carefully you can avoid issues with that. While people will probably want to add a sub and perhaps some bigger fronts for a fuller sound for home theater these are certainly worth the money as part of the building block. Since there is not a lot of sound that is sent to surround channels many companies make pretty low quality speakers for surround systems. These are nice. Even when I have used them in extended stereo mode they put out good sound and decent frequency range for their size.

lzoboston1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lzoboston1

Set these speakers up last night ... Perfect ... no complaints from me!

rnconync

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rnconync

I set these up a few weeks ago from the first go around earlier in the month and they sound great. I am getting ready to pair them with a set of 10" velodyne vx-11 subwoofers that are on sale now on velodynes site at $229 for the pair shipped....pretty decent since one just about anywhere the subs are $150+ each
Right now I have them setup with a 10 year old sony HTIB subwoofer...I'm excited to get the dual VX-11's and see how it sounds then.

chrisnlauren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisnlauren

I received my order with 1 DOA sat, emailed Klipsch and they had a new one out in the mail the next business day. Awesome support Klipsch!